Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Spurs Say Robbie Not Keane On Leaving

Liverpool will have their work cut out for them to prise Robbie Keane away from White Hart Lane after Tottenham denied reports that the Irish hit-man had put in a transfer request.

The Sun claimed on Monday that Keane has told Spurs boss Juande Ramos he wants to leave, while virtutally simultaneously Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has weighed in with a Crouch plus cash swap proposal.

According to the Irish Independent, Tottenham have now made it clear that they will resist all offers for the 27-year-old, who is considered one of the key components of the London side's determined drive to become a genuine top four side.

It has not exactly been a seamless transfer market season for Liverpool thus far as they have been frustrated in their efforts to untangle Gareth Barry from Aston Villa's grasps for the better part of the last two months.

The latest news on this front, is that the Reds are set to make a fourth offer of around £15m for the Villa captain within the next 48 hours, though even then they can not be too confident that this will be enough convince the powers that be at Villa Park to grant the player his wish.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=759745

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Top team?
Spurs are going in the right direction under Ramos.
They have shown their intent with some very good signings already.
I really hope he stays at Spurs. He hopped from club to club and seems genuinly
in London. Dont go to the Dippers Robbie....please
Spurs will never play in the champions league, they will always be a decent in or around team but will never posess enough quality

For Ireland I would welcome Keane going to a CL club as we need as much top level experience as possible in our ranks, McGeedy is prob the only player we have that plays anywhere near regularly at that level!

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeh i agree with you eoininho..i would like to see all the irish players playin champions league football...think shay given should get out of newcastle ad go 2 a top four team b'cos he definatly good eough...nd i would rate robbie keane higher than i would berbatov

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.