Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 million pounds that alot of money to throw down the drain isnt it . But it looks that way as Robbie Keane was left out of the squad for yesterdays Fa cup tie with Everton.

He didnt even make the 18 players for match day things are going from bad to worse for him.

So where has it all gone wrong for Robbie Keane ?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I couldn't believe it when I heard he wasn't even on the bench. No matter what Benitez says something is clearly wrong there. I always thought the rumours about him being sold during the current transfer window were ridiculous but I'm not sure if he'll still be at Liverpool at the start of next season.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Benitez is an idiot, Robbie doesnt give up he'll stay and fight for his place until he's in the team, which he fully deserves to be!

He was out of the team for a long time at Spurs but forced his way back and became a much better player

Benitez knew he was signing a striker who will score you 15 goals a year IF he plays in 30-40 games and is in the team consitently and played in the correct position... so Benitez only has himself to blame! If I was Harry I'd go in with a cheeky bid of 10million!

Robbie should stay put though, Benitez WILL be on his way out this summer, cos he aint going to win a thing! He'd be part of any other managers plans!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robbie is being played out of position that much is true but he hasnt performed well for Liverpool and when he loses form he is very average.

Why did Rafa pay 20 million in the first place for him ? He isnt worth 20 million everyone knows it he is a good striker thats about it really.

I think Zuco picked up on the fact when subbed on Monday he was seen swearing about coming off by the camera's maybe Benitez has had enough of his bad attitude.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
red dave said:
Robbie is being played out of position that much is true but he hasnt performed well for Liverpool and when he loses form he is very average.

Why did Rafa pay 20 million in the first place for him ? He isnt worth 20 million everyone knows it he is a good striker thats about it really.

I think Zuco picked up on the fact when subbed on Monday he was seen swearing about coming off by the camera's maybe Benitez has had enough of his bad attitude.
To be fair if you were getting replaced by Benayoun you'd be swearing too!!!

He needs to play 15 games start to finish in a row before you'll see the best of Robbie, Benitez should have been well aware of this before he moved for him in the transfer market, using him as a squad player and subbing him off all the time will do nothing for his confidence!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Rafas a ****ing retard he is ****ing up Robbie and as much as i usually couldnt give a rats ass about any liverpool players i have to care about Robbie he is Irish captain after all and hes rotting away at liverpool what a ****ing joke, DAMN that fat ******* Rafa its all his fault

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
piazza said:
He signed for Liverpool.
nail on the head tbh. he was never going to fit into their set up. plus his not from the right side of europe for rafa. should of stayed at spurs. liverpool was never going to be the club for robbie and i hope he leaves quick and sorts his career out. shevchenko part 2 in the making. however, he could get through it due to his experience in scoring goals in this league

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
To be honest I think Robbie Keane is good enough to play for any club in the world. Liverpool are just wrong for him.

Remember Massimo Moratti publicly coming out & saying he regretted letting Keane go? Tell me Keane isn't class.

Somebody better make Benitez pay for wasting half a season of Keane's career. I hope it's us. :)

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I have to admit I feel a bit sorry for Robbie Keane as his reputation is going right down the sh*tter, he is without a doubt a proven striker in the Premier League but Ugly fat Benitez has made a joke out of him. Rafa doesn't know what he's doing now.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
Rafas a ****ing retard he is ****ing up Robbie and as much as i usually couldnt give a rats ass about any liverpool players i have to care about Robbie he is Irish captain after all and hes rotting away at liverpool what a ****ing joke, DAMN that fat ******* Rafa its all his fault
Sums up my feelings exactly.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Liverpool can't seem to play with a 4-4-2 system. Gerrards seems to work better playing off a striker. And when Gerrard works better Liverpool play better.
There is no room for Robbie in this system, i really don't know what Rafa was thinking buying him and benching him.
There is no doubt Keane has talent. But he is a confidence player and when he scored 2 against Boltan he got dropped the next game, a 0-0 draw at Stoke....... Robbie didn't even off the bench for the game.
IMO Rafa is the worst manager in team selection i seen at a big club in years. His decisions baffle me.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Robbie is a very good player. I just hope he leaves the Scousers so I can like him again :(
Its been painful watching the Ireland captain wearing the manky Pool shirt.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Couldn't careless for the guy. He's a poor captain for us and no matter what any of you say he's not our star player. Doyle for us is our key striker, he offers alot more imo.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts