Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Well, somethings gone on between Rafa and Keane.

He was starting to score regularly over a 3/4 game period, then he was dropped, has hardly played since and wasn't in the squad yesterday. And of course, he has only played 3 whole games for Liverpool (I think that was the stat) since he signed.

I also have to agree with VaVaVoom and Clarky. He doesn't and never will fit into their system under Benitez at least. I can see Spurs making a move for him in January, and he could well return but the best bet may well be to wait until the summer. I can't see Liverpool winning anything and I think there's a realistic chance Benitez could be gone in the summer for whatever the reason.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Its a strange read Ive created here isnt it. What you seem to have is the Irish lads showing concern for Keane and the English putting him down slightly.

I think he found his perfect club at spurs and he should of stuck at it there. He was the fans hero and thats what Keane thrives on .

I dont think Spurs will take back another former player so I dont know where he will end up .

But if I was a betting man Id throw my money on one of the North east clubs.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
16-Keano-16 said:
He is having a shocking season but come on N'Gog on the bench for him. There must be some internal problems.

Yeah you may be true I think he has apposed Rafa and he has been frozen out.
 

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
Joined
·
4,055 Posts
Harry hails 'fantastic' Keane

White Hart Lane boss keeping tabs on Liverpool flop

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admits he would be a 'liar' if he said he would not like to see Robbie Keane return to White Hart Lane.

The £20million Liverpool striker has flopped at Anfield since swapping North London for Merseyside in the summer and rumour is rife that he could be sold in January.

Keane was left out of Rafa Benitez's squad for Sunday's FA Cup draw with Everton, increasing speculation that the Reds boss is ready to cut his loses.

The Republic of Ireland international has been strongly linked with a move back to Tottenham, who are also chasing Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones, and Spurs boss Redknapp admits he would be interested if Keane was for sale.

"I wouldn't sit here and say I wouldn't like to have Robbie Keane at my football club, I'd be a liar, but he belongs to Liverpool so it is not an option unfortunately," Redknapp said.

"As a player and a person I have a lot of time for Robbie Keane. I think he's fantastic."


Just seen this read on Sky Sports News. Maybe Keane may return to White Hart Lane.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Davey said:
Harry hails 'fantastic' Keane

White Hart Lane boss keeping tabs on Liverpool flop

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admits he would be a 'liar' if he said he would not like to see Robbie Keane return to White Hart Lane.

The £20million Liverpool striker has flopped at Anfield since swapping North London for Merseyside in the summer and rumour is rife that he could be sold in January.

Keane was left out of Rafa Benitez's squad for Sunday's FA Cup draw with Everton, increasing speculation that the Reds boss is ready to cut his loses.

The Republic of Ireland international has been strongly linked with a move back to Tottenham, who are also chasing Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones, and Spurs boss Redknapp admits he would be interested if Keane was for sale.

"I wouldn't sit here and say I wouldn't like to have Robbie Keane at my football club, I'd be a liar, but he belongs to Liverpool so it is not an option unfortunately," Redknapp said.

"As a player and a person I have a lot of time for Robbie Keane. I think he's fantastic."


Just seen this read on Sky Sports News. Maybe Keane may return to White Hart Lane.

This sounds like a blatant ploy to get Rafa to offer him too them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
Couldn't careless for the guy. He's a poor captain for us and no matter what any of you say he's not our star player. Doyle for us is our key striker, he offers alot more imo.
Tbf, Keane's goal scoring record for Ireland speaks for itself.
I think Dunne should be our captain though as Keane isnt exactly captain material.
He is still one of our key players though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Tbf, Keane's goal scoring record for Ireland speaks for itself.
I think Dunne should be our captain though as Keane isnt exactly captain material.
He is still one of our key players though.

What about John O Shea he must be the most organised within the Irish set up .

Richard dunne is slipping with age .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
red dave said:
What about John O Shea he must be the most organised within the Irish set up .

Richard dunne is slipping with age .
Dunne is having a poor season but he has been one of the best centre backs in the Prem
over the last 5 or so years. Off field crap and his mate Richards havent helped him one bit.
Still a class act, especially in the green shirt.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,006 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Tbf, Keane's goal scoring record for Ireland speaks for itself.
I think Dunne should be our captain though as Keane isnt exactly captain material.
He is still one of our key players though.
I laugh when people talking about his incredible goal-scoring record. Let's see he is nearly always quiet against the bigger nations(Germany excluded). He'll score most goals in meaningless friendlies and needs about 4 chances to put away one. Hmmmmm.

If it was me Given would be captain. Easily Irelands best player. The fact he's been wasting away in Newcastle for so long is a sad sight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
I laugh when people talking about his incredible goal-scoring record. Let's see he is nearly always quiet against the bigger nations(Germany excluded). He'll score most goals in meaningless friendlies and needs about 4 chances to put away one. Hmmmmm.

If it was me Given would be captain. Easily Irelands best player. The fact he's been wasting away in Newcastle for so long is a sad sight.
I see your point regarding his scoring record, but to score what? 35 odd goals
at int. level is no mean feat, even if its against 'lesser' oppostion.
and 4 chances to score 1 goal??? not sure about that either, but it sounds a bit like Andy Cole ;)

Agree with your last point about Shay. Our best player for the last few years.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Jazz 16 said:
I see your point regarding his scoring record, but to score what? 35 odd goals
at int. level is no mean feat, even if its against 'lesser' oppostion.
and 4 chances to score 1 goal??? not sure about that either, but it sounds a bit like Andy Cole ;)

Agree with your last point about Shay. Our best player for the last few years.
I forgot about Shay given what about Stephen Hunt he works his socks off doesnt he .
 

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
Joined
·
8,772 Posts
I think Shay Given should be our captain but it is amazing how split it is between loving Keane and hating him is here. I'd say about 50% of people like him and 50% of people hate him. I like him but my Dad hates him.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,006 Posts
red dave said:
I forgot about Shay given what about Stephen Hunt he works his socks off doesnt he .
Hunt isn't even a regular never mind captain.

Jazz, i'm sorry but I don't see the big attraction. He was a terrible signing for Liverpool. terrible, he not only lacks the physicial strength but he doesn't have amazing pace to make up for it. I don't care what you say, he's a mediorce finisher and not good enough to lead his country. Only reason he has scored 35 goals is because he has being playing for Ireland since 18. Jesus i'd probably have 20 of those myself.;)

There's only one KEANO and he isn't in Liverpool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
Hunt isn't even a regular never mind captain.

Jazz, i'm sorry but I don't see the big attraction. He was a terrible signing for Liverpool. terrible, he not only lacks the physicial strength but he doesn't have amazing pace to make up for it. I don't care what you say, he's a mediorce finisher and not good enough to lead his country. Only reason he has scored 35 goals is because he has being playing for Ireland since 18. Jesus i'd probably have 20 of those myself.;)

There's only one KEANO and he isn't in Liverpool.
Fair point, but he is still the Irish captain so he has my support, when he plays in green.
Id say he is better than a 'mediocre' finisher.
Ive seen every goal he has scored from his Wolves day to present and the lad CAN finish.
He has been sh1te for Liverpool (which does delight me) but we still need him for
our country and he still has a lot to offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
peterswellman said:
Hunt isn't even a regular never mind captain.

Jazz, i'm sorry but I don't see the big attraction. He was a terrible signing for Liverpool. terrible, he not only lacks the physicial strength but he doesn't have amazing pace to make up for it. I don't care what you say, he's a mediorce finisher and not good enough to lead his country. Only reason he has scored 35 goals is because he has being playing for Ireland since 18. Jesus i'd probably have 20 of those myself.;)

There's only one KEANO and he isn't in Liverpool.
He's on this forum isn't he.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,828 Posts
peterswellman said:
Hunt isn't even a regular never mind captain.

Jazz, i'm sorry but I don't see the big attraction. He was a terrible signing for Liverpool. terrible, he not only lacks the physicial strength but he doesn't have amazing pace to make up for it. I don't care what you say, he's a mediorce finisher and not good enough to lead his country. Only reason he has scored 35 goals is because he has being playing for Ireland since 18. Jesus i'd probably have 20 of those myself.;)

There's only one KEANO and he isn't in Liverpool.
An average of over 19 goals per season over the last four with spurs - name me 7 current pl strikers/players with those or better stats.
 

·
Keen on Fella's
Joined
·
8,472 Posts
dont blame the monkey , blame the ring master.

robbie keane has proved himself to be a quality forward , his record speaks for itself.
benitez simply doesn't know how to get the best out of him.
 
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Top