Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Robbie Keane is a good player, who would do well in most teams.
TBH, if he came cheap I wouldn't mind him at United, but Spurs knew what they were doing when they sold him for 20mil.

Obviously, Rafa didn't when signing him for said 20mil.

Rafa and Keane mut have fallen out and I can imagine a fiery Irish lad and a hot-headed Spaniard trading words.

If words were not exchange, then Rfa must just be crazy or cracking under pressure.

During the Newcastle game, the cameras caught Keane's unhappy face several times. Maybe Rafa wanted to punish him for that or show him who's boss.

I think it's Rafa and Liverpool who got punished though :D

When am I writting so much? I don't give two hoots about him.... I think it's just because Rafa's insistence on not playing him is costing the bin dippers.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I hope he'll go back with his former team. That`s where he belongs, and then hopefully they can start giving some hard fought wins again to the big 4, like old times.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

CHEEKY SPURS LAUNCH ROBBIE RAID

TOTTENHAM have made a bold bid to take Robbie Keane back to White Hart Lane.

The Irish striker has struggled to make an impact at Liverpool this season and was not in the squad for the FA Cup clash against Everton on Sunday.

That led Spurs to make an inquiry yesterday about the 28-year-old, who did not even turn up at Anfield to watch the 1-1 draw.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp admitted: “I wouldn't sit here and say I wouldn't like to have Robbie at my football club. I'd be a liar.

“But he belongs to Liverpool, so it's probably not an option.

“As a player and a person I have a lot of time for Robbie Keane. I think he's fantastic.†But it is understood Keane is not keen on going back to Tottenham, who are still owed money by Liverpool following the £20m sale in the summer.

If boss Rafa Benitez were to let him go so soon after arriving it would be an admission of making a big mistake.

But Redknapp still thought it was worth making a final effort to persuade the Reds to do business as he frantically tries to sign players to drag the club out of relegation trouble.

He was already busy in the transfer market yesterday, taking Pascal Chimbonda back to White Hart Lane from Sunderland and signing keeper Carlo Cudicini on a free transfer from Chelsea. Cudicini said: “I'm really happy with this choice. This was the time to find a new challenge and push for other success – and for the club as well.

“I was at Chelsea for 10 years – nearly a third of my life. It was a fantastic experience but now we move forward.â€

“No-one expected Tottenham to be in this situation. I think the team has the quality and the character to come out of this situation. It's five months until the end of the season and we have to fight in every game to get out of this situation as soon as possible. I hope I bring some points.â€

Unsettled Anfield star, Daniel Agger, last night revealed his frustration at Liverpool's “annoying†silence over the offer of a new contract.

The Danish ace's current deal finishes at the end of this season but Agger revealed the extent of the club's snail-like pace regarding negotiations when he said: “I haven't heard from them since November.†The situation has left the central defender far from happy, putting him in the same frame of mind as the discontented Keane.

AC Milan are among clubs monitoring the Agger situation. Boss Rafa Benitez has even hit out at his own board for their failure to resolve the situation speedily.

Agger said: “The ball is with Liverpool right now. I haven't heard anything from the club since the beginning of November. It is annoying and a little bit frustrating not to get any messages.â€

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/67369/Cheeky-Spurs-launch-Robbie-raid/

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Could see that Harry was aiming to take him back from yesterdays comments he was just testing the water another case of Spurs using the media to the advantage.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
moondog said:
An average of over 19 goals per season over the last four with spurs - name me 7 current pl strikers/players with those or better stats.
Did I say anything about him in the Premieship? Quote me as commenting on him Quick. Hurry on.

I'm talking about how he is for Ireland.....

He needs quality ball to score, i'd probably knock in 20 playing alongside Berbatov with the space he provides.

He scored 11 in the league in 06/07, 15 last season and 5 this season with better players around him. Hmmm your point is spot on.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Keanes career is going downhill, he needs to play 1st team football..
When i seen the price Liverpool first payed for him i was surprised,
but now im even more surprised with Benitez not playing him..
Robbie should go back 2 spurs but spurs dont need another forward at the moment,
So i think he will be stuck at liverpool until the end of the season and of course he and Liverpool will win nothing..!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lol poor Robbie Keane :D
He started on the bench tonight.
Torres goes off and riera comes on, then they take Benayoun off and bring on......................
Steve Highway ?!?!? lmao who is he? and robbie must be fuming.
Whats Rafa playing at?

bbc say that Kuyt came on for jossi :confused:
Sky said highway did.
Keane is now on though for Gerrard who is unhappy at being subbed.
Pool now 1-1 with Wigan lol.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Rafa couldn't make it anymore obvious if he tried in his interview that a bid had been made for Keane.

As for tonight, he came on but couldn't save them! :D

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
In football manager there's a worst signing of the season award - no prizes for guessing who would win it this year

41 - 49 of 49 Posts