Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borussia Dortmund have confirmed they have turned down enquiries from a number of clubs for Robert Lewandowski amid reports Manchester United failed in a €30million (£24m) bid.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
thats why we signed van Persie
I don't know about that. I'd say that Van Persie is the better player, that's no knock on Lewandowski but RVP has been one of the top three front-men in world football over the past 12-18 months. Not to mention the fact that however difficult any deal for Lewandowski might have been, the deal for Van Persie was probably one of the most difficult we've had in recent times due to who it was we signed him from and their resistance to sell to us of all clubs.

I would welcome Lewandowski signing for us at some point depending how things go with our current roster of strikers but I find it highly unlikely that signing another striker will be the top of our list of priorities next summer, call me psychic but I can imagine that most will be clamouring for a central midfield player (as usual), a need that Fergie may well ignore (as usual), not to mentionour growing problems in central defence with Ferdinand's best days behind him as well as renewed question-marks over Vidic's long-term fitness as well as the fact that although we bought Phil Jones as a CB, it's currently a mystery as to whether he has a long term future in the position. Add to that the fact that Smalling has to prove his fitness. Yeah. . . I would definitely say that midfield and defence take massive priority over another £20m+ aquisition to our forward line.

·
freaky fangirl
374 Posts
Lewandowski is seriously missing Kagawa, Lewy is a nice Central Forward who doesn't go deep he's just there waiting for the ball making good runs & going to the right space, a lot of his Goals came from Kagawa but we have too many Strikers already. We don't need him plus Kagawa even made him looked good (got this from a German football analyst in sky LOLZ)
We need a Defensive Midfielder just get someone from the bundesliga.

whoscored.com
Scored the 3rd most goals in the Bundesliga this season (22), despite having the most shots (119) & shots on target (55)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Lewandowski is seriously missing Kagawa, Lewy is a nice Central Forward who doesn't go deep he's just there waiting for the ball making good runs & going to the right space, a lot of his Goals came from Kagawa but we have too many Strikers already. We don't need him plus Kagawa even made him looked good (got this from a German football analyst in sky LOLZ)
We need a Defensive Midfielder just get someone from the bundesliga.

whoscored.com
Scored the 3rd most goals in the Bundesliga this season (22), despite having the most shots (119) & shots on target (55)
Watch out for Sebastian Rode. 21-year old box to box midfielder from Eintracht Frankfurt. Absolute beast of a player. Agressive, hard-working, has got good pace, great technical player that is able to play quick one-touch football and always gives 100%...he will run all fucking day for his team

You will hear a lot from him

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe Dortmund should be our feeder club ha? I'll have to ask on football manager and see if it happens haha ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Watch out for Sebastian Rode. 21-year old box to box midfielder fromEintracht Frankfurt. Absolute beast of a player. Agressive, hard-working, has got good pace, great technical player that is able to pay quick one-touch football and always gives gives 100%...he will run all f**king day for his team

You will hear a lot from him
I've already heard about him, but haven't seen him play yet. Will certainly look out for him. But he is still in the hidden gem area, and would be pretty cheap wouldn't he?

Edit: Macheda and Hernandez out then Lewandowski in would do it for me...

1 - 20 of 841 Posts