Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robinho Arrested over Sexual Assault allegations

Robinho has been arrested and quizzed after allegations of a sexual assault in a Leeds nightclub, and has been released on bail

Robinho denies any allegation of wrongdoing or criminality and is happy to cooperate with the police.

Robinhos spokesman , Chris Nathaniel, says:

" We can confirm that Robinho met the police today, as pre-arranged and as part of a criminal investigation"

"He strenuosly denies any allegation of wrongdoing or criminality and is happy to cooperate with the police if required further."

On BBC News 24 now as breaking news.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Premier-League-Football-Star-Linked-To-Rape-Arrest-After-Leeds-Nightclub-Incident/Article/200901415211635

Thanks to Hags for the first reports on here about it (see the pub). ;)

Members please be careful what you post on this thread or you could leave yourself open to liable or slander charges.

Just to clarify.....

3. No defamatory comments. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation. In the event of an extreme defamatory remark or remarks you leave yourself open to possible legal action. If successfully sued you could be held liable for considerable damages and costs.

4. Avoid contempt of court. Which means not posting anything that risks prejudicing any possible on-going or forthcoming court proceedings.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
after all the time in citteh and being owned by arabs i don't blame him :rolleyes:
sure there was a MASSIVE rage in him that he found the only way of getting of it is assaulting people

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i had been told it was another who was in club at the same time ---makes you wonder if the trip to brazil was a ronnie biggs stylee runner to escape extradition:eek:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Plenty of footballers have been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and then cleared later, I expect the same thing to happen again. There's something about the allure of fame that throws some women's integrity into question.

Besides, I thought Robinho had run away to Brazil?

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
IanDangerously said:
Plenty of footballers have been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and then cleared later, I expect the same thing to happen again. There's something about the allure of fame that throws some women's integrity into question.
but its a man making the allegation this time :D :eek: ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haggler said:
i had been told it was another who was in club at the same time ---makes you wonder if the trip to brazil was a ronnie biggs stylee runner to escape extradition:eek:
There's also lots of posts now on other forums mentioning that player as well mate.
Could well be true what you said in PM to me. ;)

anyway....

''citys going down with robinho in a cell'' :D

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
well intresting to say the least i just read the story in the that made up newspaper the sun

i have to say it sounds slightly like the jonny evans alleged rape last xmas if we all remember that ?

i think it would be unfair to judge until arrested or let off

if not guilty than the person who accused him is a sick and twister person

if guilty i hope he gets what he deserves and never steps foot on a football pitch nor get payed again

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
andersons_left_foot said:
well intresting to say the least i just read the story in the that made up newspaper the sun

i have to say it sounds slightly like the jonny evans alleged rape last xmas if we all remember that ?

i think it would be unfair to judge until arrested or let off

if not guilty than the person who accused him is a sick and twister person

if guilty i hope he gets what he deserves and never steps foot on a football pitch nor get payed again
I ignore the scum newspaper mate, but its all over Sky, BBC and other reputable TV news channels.

He HAS been arrested and bailed.

I'll defnatly agree with you regarding the Evans case.

Whilst its funny its happening to City lets not forget that Robinho is innocent at the moment. He may be proven guilty but until that time lets not forget that more than one of our players has been falsely accused of rape in the past and no-one deserves that.

In fact there's been many "rape" and "sexual assault" claims made against footballers, so best for all to keep a sensible head about us in my opinion.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
I ignore the scum newspaper mate, but its all over Sky, BBC and other reputable TV news channels.

He HAS been arrested and bailed.

I'll defnatly agree with you regarding the Evans case.

Whilst its funny its happening to City lets not forget that Robinho is innocent at the moment. He may be proven guilty but until that time lets not forget that more than one of our players has been falsely accused of rape in the past and no-one deserves that.

In fact there's been many "rape" and "sexual assault" claims made against footballers, so best for all to keep a sensible head about us in my opinion.

i whole heartedly agree sal the fact is he aint been charged yet so until the issue is resolved i shall not judge nor comment on him as a person

the fact is as you said its not the first time and doubt it will be the last and it has happened to ronaldo after fulham game once and than evans last xmas just shows how commen it really is

no human being deserves to go through a false allegation like that and wether they play for arsenal, liverpool, or man city we shouldnt judge the man until proven guilty

·
Registered
70 Posts
God, he arrives here and find himself at City, finds out his mate won't be joining him, and now this?! This is a bad 12 months for Robinho.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Robinho denies any allegation of wrongdoing or criminality and is happy to cooperate with the police.

Robinhos spokesman , Chris Nathaniel, says:

" We can confirm that Robinho met the police today, as pre-arranged and as part of a criminal investigation"

"He strenuosly denies any allegation of wrongdoing or criminality and is happy to cooperate with the police if required further."

http://www.robinhoofficial.com/en/latest_news.asp?AjrDcmntId=5977

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
what a year for robinho and the ' mighty' blues.....and for everyone else- seriously though can it get much more of a circus- they are a laughing stock.

on a serious note, strange how many players and celebrities are involved in this sort of thing now...does make you wonder

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It never rains but it pours in the blue half of Manchester.

I can't wait to see what off-field antics new recruit Bellamy gets into!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts