Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Easy there tiger. If anything, your comment is more out of line than what you quoted. Would have been nice had you read the whole post instead of the first line then calling someone out.
more out of line, yes, as stupid? no. but anyway, I did read the rest of his post and when he says things like "the fact he ran away doesnt look good. very guilty act" is just as bad - exactly the same as what salford red goes on to slate me for (about not knowing the facts).

Gonna stand by that statement that you say if this girl happens to be telling the truth? Might have a big of egg on your face then.
Why would I stand by my statement if it comes out that she's telling the truth? Yeah, I should've said 'IF' and potentially it's harsh, but the ratio of accusations to convictions is ridiculous.

Later on in the post that you called out, the originally poster said the girl should be ashamed if its a false accusation. So yeah, not all the blame is being thrown at these football "god's".
Right - but I wasn't criticizing his post apart from the comment I quoted, and the one I mentioned above.

You know what, its not such a bad idea for these players to not put themselves in this position. I don't even put myself in that position, and I'm not make riches every week for a girl to sue me for. If it was that out of line for footballers to be be more careful about the situations they put themselves in, then why do their own managers get frustrated, and even bench their players when they are out partying?
This is just a longer version of what he said and I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'putting themselves in this position' - meaning dancing with them in a club or what? some random woman could just see Ronaldo in a club, not even speak to him and come up with this stuff ala Evans in a hotel. So, just because they're professional footballers then that means they shouldn't have a life, shouldn't go to clubs, restaurants, XMAS PARTIES! etc. and they should basically be either a) sitting indoors on the ps3 b) training or c) playing a match - because potentially there are some idiots out there :/.

Please base your posts only on FACTS.

FACT.......You, nor no-one else, knows she is "just another attention seeking, money craving cow".
FACT.........no-one knows if the allegations are false or true as yet.
FACT.........no-one knows if he is guilty or innocent as yet.

If you had said "IF these girls are making false allegations they should be put in prison" i doubt anyone would disagree with you at all.

NO-ONE on this forum KNOWS the real FACTS except what is available from the media via the police.
Any more posts that presume innocent or guilt on either party from anyone will be deleted.

Sorry rafa! but you're right, I should've said 'IF'. and of course I don't know the facts, but I know that it's more likely that it's untrue but fair enough, I spose' it's immature to assume (due to the allegation) despite the probabilities.
When I said "these GIRLS should be put in prison for false accusation." I did mean the ones in general who do this (falsely accuse rape) - I didn't say THIS girl.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
This is just a longer version of what he said and I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'putting themselves in this position' - meaning dancing with them in a club or what? some random woman could just see Ronaldo in a club, not even speak to him and come up with this stuff ala Evans in a hotel. So, just because they're professional footballers then that means they shouldn't have a life, shouldn't go to clubs, restaurants, XMAS PARTIES! etc. and they should basically be either a) sitting indoors on the ps3 b) training or c) playing a match - because potentially there are some idiots out there :/.

Neither of us said they should never go to Christmas parties or restaurants. You are taking it to the extreme. I never said that once you become a world famous footballer you should live a life comparable to that of a hermit.

I don't think it is that smart for the players to be out at pubs and and clubs. Would Steven Gerrard have gotten in trouble with the law if he were home having a couple a beers with his friends instead of out on the town? Would Joey Barton have been arrested and almost lost his career if he had been laying low instead of out with his boys on the town?

So yeah, I don't think it is too much to ask for players to keep a low profile, and avoid the nightlife. It comes with the price the fame. I'm sorry it isn't fair that they don't get to out and party like everybody else, but then again how many of us are getting a hundred thousand dollars a week to take care of our bodies and keep them in top shape.

Also, look at this club alone. Do you think its against the norm that three players that have been here the longest for Fergie at the moment are Giggs, Scholes, and Neville, and none of them have had the big party moments. Yet, Beckham was sold once Fergie thought he had too much going on outside the club with all his parties with Posh when he still had plenty to offer.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Cappy said:
Neither of us said they should never go to Christmas parties or restaurants. You are taking it to the extreme. I never said that once you become a world famous footballer you should live a life comparable to that of a hermit.

I don't think it is that smart for the players to be out at pubs and and clubs. Would Steven Gerrard have gotten in trouble with the law if he were home having a couple a beers with his friends instead of out on the town? Would Joey Barton have been arrested and almost lost his career if he had been laying low instead of out with his boys on the town?

So yeah, I don't think it is too much to ask for players to keep a low profile, and avoid the nightlife. It comes with the price the fame. I'm sorry it isn't fair that they don't get to out and party like everybody else, but then again how many of us are getting a hundred thousand dollars a week to take care of our bodies and keep them in top shape.

Also, look at this club alone. Do you think its against the norm that three players that have been here the longest for Fergie at the moment are Giggs, Scholes, and Neville, and none of them have had the big party moments. Yet, Beckham was sold once Fergie thought he had too much going on outside the club with all his parties with Posh when he still had plenty to offer.
I also read that Robinho was flashing his money around, which, if true, is an awfully silly thing to do.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
manutd004 said:
I also read that Robinho was flashing his money around, which, if true, is an awfully silly thing to do.

No, apparently it is smart for footballers to go around and put themselves in situations where these things can happen. At least that's what it sounds like from one poster. :rolleyes:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts