Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brazilian star Robinho has warned the rest of the football world that it is 'too bad' if they cannot compete with Manchester City's riches.

The Eastlands outfit have emerged as one of the major financial forces in football following the summer arrival of billionaire owners the Abu Dhabi United Group.

City attempted an audacious world-record bid for AC Milan ace Kaka during the winter transfer window, only to see the playmaker turn down the opportunity to move to England.

Concerns have been voiced that City's wealth creates an uneven playing field, but Robinho - who was captured in a British-record deal from Real Madrid in September - is not concerned.

"I think this is good," Robinho told his website www.robinhoofficial.com when asked if it was positive for one club to emerge with the ability to buy the best talent in the world.

"It is good for our team. Football means investment. To bring top players it is necessary to make the investment.

"City have the resources, so this is very good for us. If the others don't, that's too bad for them."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4894315,00.html

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
marty davidson said:
Brazilian star Robinho has warned the rest of the football world that it is 'too bad' if they cannot compete with Manchester City's riches.

The Eastlands outfit have emerged as one of the major financial forces in football following the summer arrival of billionaire owners the Abu Dhabi United Group.

City attempted an audacious world-record bid for AC Milan ace Kaka during the winter transfer window, only to see the playmaker turn down the opportunity to move to England.

Concerns have been voiced that City's wealth creates an uneven playing field, but Robinho - who was captured in a British-record deal from Real Madrid in September - is not concerned.

"I think this is good," Robinho told his website www.robinhoofficial.com when asked if it was positive for one club to emerge with the ability to buy the best talent in the world.

"It is good for our team. Football means investment. To bring top players it is necessary to make the investment.

"City have the resources, so this is very good for us. If the others don't, that's too bad for them."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4894315,00.html
yeah...but not only these kind of investments. Yes they have money, but i still think they're not using them properly. Robinho will notice in the future that because of his love for money, he has sacrified his love for football.
He'll never achieve a big performance with Citeh , no matter how much money are involved.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts

He`s being daft here, very very daft.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cantos red army said:
tbh there's a few exceptions and two of them maybe 3 are already at this club(gaz giggsey and scholsey)
Well apart from them they play for the club if only there were a few more out there than them

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
marty davidson said:
Well apart from them they play for the club if only there were a few more out there than them
ya exactly the game needs them but all that a player cares about these days in money and themselves!i think that there's a few who don't in the world game like kaka messi(i think) and hate o say it but Gerrard and terry too

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Sadly Canto.... Marty is right, the three players you mentioned are United through an through, and why would the leave a club like this.
But you'll see over the next three years that Marty is correct, in 3years big players will be at that club.
Money talks im afraid.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Sadly Canto.... Marty is right, the three players you mentioned are United through an through, and why would the leave a club like this.
But you'll see over the next three years that Marty is correct, in 3years big players will be at that club.
Money talks im afraid.
i never siad they would leave :confused: i said they were one of the few who couldn't care about the money :confused:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Are Chelsea a force? where the a force before the had money? Grow up canto

For people who don't understand, ^^^this means i think Chelsea are a force.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
what :confused: man your getting all agro on my ass for no reason :confused: yes chelsea are a force there one of the top teams in Europe and if you don't see that then your delusional they got to the final of the champions league last year and challenge for the league every season since mourinho came in so how is that not a force? as before they got the money they had just gotten into the champions league the season before he came in so yes they were decent enough hence why they became successful more quickly then man shity will

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you're right canto...maybe they weren't what they are now..but they sure were up there. Even though Chelsea can be proud with a more modern history, they are truly one of England's best

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
cantos red army said:
what :confused: man your getting all agro on my ass for no reason :confused: yes chelsea are a force there one of the top teams in Europe and if you don't see that then your delusional they got to the final of the champions league last year and challenge for the league every season since mourinho came in so how is that not a force? as before they got the money they had just gotten into the champions league the season before he came in so yes they were decent enough hence why they became successful more quickly then man shity will

I wonder some peoples mentality sometimes, you take the biscuit.
If your anyway clever you'll see i meant that Chelsea are a force....... jeez. I wasn't pi***ed off till you came out with that last post. I was telling you that City will be like Chelsea in so many years down the line.
And before Jose came Chelsea had money....... he wasn't the first manager under Roman you know. And there was never a big four before they had money........ only a big 3! So it wasn't as hard to make 4th, even the mighty Leeds grabbed 4th not so long ago.
Canto please read my post before you come out with stuff.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
VaVaVoom said:

For people who don't understand, ^^^this means i think Chelsea are a force.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts