Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robinho to City -Official- £34million

Speaking to the EFE news agency, Real Madrid star Robinho has dropped a bombshell ahead of the new Spanish season by declaring that he wants to leave Real Madrid to play for Chelsea in the Premier League...

Just days after Robinho's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, seemed to rule out the prospect of a switch to London, Robinho has today stated that all that's needed is Madrid's assent for a move to go through. What's more, it's a transfer that he wants.

The player said today: "I dream of playing in the Premier League. Chelsea have a great squad, a great team, and they've made an offer that's great for both me and Real Madrid.

"I have nothing against my current team, to whom I'm very grateful, but at this point my goal is to leave here and I hope that everything will be resolved as soon as possible."

This will come as a massive shock for Real Madrid: with the competitive season already underway in the form of the Spanish Supercopa, to be faced with losing one of their top players with so little time left to source a replacement is catastrophic.

Chelesa, meanwhile, are known to be great admirers of the Brazilian winger, with both chief executive Peter Kenyon and first team coach Luiz Felipe Scolari said to be eager to land the ex-Santos man.

Despite the 24-year-old's statements today, though, it could well be that no move comes to pass. Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón has already declared Robinho to be "non-transferable" and has also deemed the blancos' transfer window operations to be concluded.

Furthremore Calderón and sporting director Pedja Mijatovic may opt to take a leaf out of Manchester United's book and hold onto one of their prime talents come hell or high water. After all, when Cristiano Ronaldo first stated that he wished to depart Old Trafford in favour of Madrid the Red Devils hierarchy stood their ground, eventually winning back the loyalty of their winger.

Whether or not Real Madrid can manage the same - especially in light of an alleged €40m bid from the Blues - remains to be seen.

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Hope Chelsea Do Not Get Him This Season. It would Certainly bolster their attacking options..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Zense_United said:
chelsea wont get him, real wont let this guy go easily
spoke to soon.. might happen

Real to let Robinho go

Real Madrid have revealed they are prepared to allow Robinho to move on after the Brazilian asked to leave.

Robinho has cut an unhappy figure in recent weeks after he was linked with a switch to Manchester United as part of a deal for Cristiano Ronaldo.

He has been targeted by Chelsea, with the Premier League club confirming they had made an offer for the gifted forward.

The Spanish champions had previously resisted all offers for Robinho, saying the 24-year-old was not for sale.

No alternative
However, on Friday, Robinho reiterated his desire to leave the Bernabeu in order to link up with Luiz Felipe Scolari's Chelsea.

Real have responded to Robinho's comments and admit they do not want to keep an unhappy player in Bernd Schuster's squad.

"Real Madrid have become aware of the declarations by the player and deeply regret their content," read a statement on the club's official website.

"Real Madrid would never want to retain a player against his wishes and as a result they have no alternative, but to accept his unilateral decision to rescind his contract if that is what the player wants."

It is unclear whether Real are now prepared to enter into negotiations with Chelsea to reach agreement on a fee for Robinho.

The other alternative is for Robinho to come to a deal with Real to terminate his contract, which has a buy-out clause of 150million euros (£120million).
Source: Sky Sports

dont want this to happen.. i hope we come in and get him.. i rate him.. pace with skill and had a good season with madrid last season

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Real Madrid would never want to retain a player against his wishes and as a result they have no alternative, but to accept his unilateral decision to rescind his contract if that is what the player wants."

hint hint, nudge nudge.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
thekeanefella said:
Real Madrid would never want to retain a player against his wishes and as a result they have no alternative, but to accept his unilateral decision to rescind his contract if that is what the player wants."

hint hint, nudge nudge.
lol.. was thinkin the same thing when i read that part

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Looks like he will join them. Having a lone striker up front in Drogba and having Robinhio/Joe Cole/Malouda/Wright Phillps play off him on the wings look great for them. They need 2 quality players in each position and that is what they lack after Malouda on the left imo. Kalou is good but I think he would be better off as a cover for Drogba as the lone striker.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The season is going to become tougher as Madrid allow Robinho to leave

Real to let Robinho go
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4032875,00.html

Spaniards admit they won't keep an unhappy player

Real Madrid have revealed they are prepared to allow Robinho to move on after the Brazilian asked to leave.

Robinho has cut an unhappy figure in recent weeks after he was linked with a switch to Manchester United as part of a deal for Cristiano Ronaldo.

He has been targeted by Chelsea, with the Premier League club confirming they had made an offer for the gifted forward.

The Spanish champions had previously resisted all offers for Robinho, saying the 24-year-old was not for sale.

No alternative

However, on Friday, Robinho reiterated his desire to leave the Bernabeu in order to link up with Luiz Felipe Scolari's Chelsea.

Real have responded to Robinho's comments and admit they do not want to keep an unhappy player in Bernd Schuster's squad.

"Real Madrid have become aware of the declarations by the player and deeply regret their content," read a statement on the club's official website.

"Real Madrid would never want to retain a player against his wishes and as a result they have no alternative, but to accept his unilateral decision to rescind his contract if that is what the player wants."

It is unclear whether Real are now prepared to enter into negotiations with Chelsea to reach agreement on a fee for Robinho.

The other alternative is for Robinho to come to a deal with Real to terminate his contract, which has a buy-out clause of 150million euros (£120million).

- Well, if the mercenaries weren't already favourites they certainly will be if they land Robinho. I am highly irritated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Scolari: Robinho Will Make A Difference

As Robinho edges ever closer to leaving Real Madrid, Luiz Felipe Scolari is confident the Brazilian forward will make a significant impact at Chelsea.

Robinho shocked the football world yesterday by announcing his desire to quit the Santiago Bernabeu, stating that he had "come to an end of a cycle" and wished to fulfill his "dream of playing in the English league".

The 24-year-old is now almost certain to make the switch to Stamford Bridge, as los Merengues have reportedly accepted a £28million bid from the Blues.

And Scolari is adamant that his young compatriot will be a hit in west London.

"I have never coached Robinho but he is different and we need a player like that — a player on the pitch who makes a difference," he told The Sun.

Scolari also suggested that the former Santos star will provide a valuable alternative in terms of the way his side lines up.

Against Portsmouth last week the ex-Brazil boss used an abundance of central players, with Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard, Jon Obi Mikel and Deco all starting.

But with Robinho, who usually plays wide for los Blancos, Scolari is confident that Chelsea will not become predictable.

"If we have only one system of play, it will be easy for our opponents," he added. "If we need to change the system, we need a different player and Robinho’s style is what we want."

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i don't think Robinho will have that affect if Drogba is still injured
but to be honest am quit afraid of Joe Cole and Robinho together
Robinski joineski chel$ki

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Of course he does, he has been tapped up by Kenyon. Offering him mega bucks for doing nothing like 90% of their other signings. It will be interesting to see if Real complain, hahahahaha!!!! Chelski have found out that money cannot buy success all the time, but they are still trying - scumbags

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I hate that!

If Chelski get him, he'll be a brilliant signing!!! :(......

Anyways.....just concentrate on ourselves, eh? ;)

Get a win under our belts and roll from there...Chelsea still have to
perform and look what happened when they last signed a world
class forward...Shevenko...:p lol failure at its heighest! Forlan was
a bettre signing! :p

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Hmm,....

Huntelaar
Berbatov
Benzema
Drogba

I don't think I want Drogba in our team....plus those three are better all round players...

I don't want a diver of that magnitude in opur side....the abuse we'd get.

100% no from me.....anyways....Robinho's a great asset to any side IMO

·
23,699 Posts
Can't be good news for us. We can only hope it would be a case of too many cooks for Chelski if he does finally join them.

Of course, it is true we only need to focus on ourselves and we all know what we are capable of when we are at our best. Problem is.... we are not often at our best, for one reason or another.

And yes, I do honestly think this will be a much tougher season than the last.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Real Madrid coach Bernd Schuster has given his clearest indication yet that he wants to keep Robinho at the Bernabeu.

He has included the wantaway winger in his 18-man squad for Sunday's Supercopa second leg against Valencia.

His inclusion comes despite the Chelsea target's declaration on Friday that he wanted to leave the club and Real's subsequent announcement that they would not stand in his way of the exit door.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4036162,00.html

1 - 20 of 114 Posts