Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robinho worth every penny - Hughes
Manchester City boss Mark Hughes reckons Robinho is already showing he is well worth the record £32.5million he cost the Blues.

The 24-year-old Brazilian inspired City in their 6-0 hammering of Portsmouth on Sunday, and scored his second goal in three games since joining from Real Madrid.

And Hughes, who has been promised time to achieve success by their hugely wealthy new owners from Abu Dhabi, has been delighted with Robinho's impact.

Hughes said: "Robinho is not only technically an outstanding player but he has got a great work ethic as well and he understands the game.

"He understands how he can affect the game in the right way and he picks the right passes at right time, and I think that has been key to his performances."

Meanwhile, the club's new chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak insists he can help unlock City's hidden potential.

The 32-year-old businessman has been installed as chairman by the new owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who formally takes over the club on Tuesday, and he was at Eastlands to witness the win over Portsmouth.

Al Mubarak said: "We are looking towards the long-term development of Manchester City.

"The club boasts three foundation assets that are hard to ignore - its unique and passionate fan base, a strong management team and an academy that is arguably the best in the country.

"There is a huge potential to build on these assets to ensure the club achieves the ultimate levels of success."

Apart from Robinho, the pick of the players against Portsmouth was Stephen Ireland, and the midfielder said he has developed an immediate understanding with the Brazilian - even if they can't speak the same language.

He also highlighted the influence of Vincent Kompany, the 22-year-old Belgian who now occupies the holding role in midfield.

Ireland told the club's official website: "Robinho does not speak fluent English, but I've had chats with him and it's all about getting the right understanding between each other.

"You can see that it's clicking out there with the movement and the passing out on the pitch.

"Vincent is crucial to us as well. He's very experienced, if you look at his record he did a lot at an early age, he's had a few moves and has built up some miles on the clock for his age.

"There's an old head on his shoulders which is important in that sitting role that he has.

"We're ecstatic, we're on a high, we're buzzing and we are really looking forward to our next few games coming up with the form that we are in.

"At the moment we feel we are invincible, we are going from strength to strength and we're in great form."

and some of you dubted his potential !

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Agreed..

He's been great for them...Sparky's got the team gelling too, and beating Pompey 6-0 is incredible!

If only we could be saying taht Berbatov was worth every penny!...Hopefully we'll be saying that;)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
City players seem to feed off his skill!!!
SWP was like a samba star yesterday.... even had the dance lol!
As much as i hate city im still going to admit that they played sexy football yesterday!!
Robinho gets alot of the ball, and other players have stepped up since he came!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Surprised me to be honest, he is lightweight and therefor i think he'll struggle in certain games but no sign of that so far, im so glad Chelsea didn't get him ... he was exactly what they needed.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Am I the only person who hasn't seen the Man City game? :confused:

He seems to be doing remarkably well atm. I didn't know if he would be a success or not, because I wasn't sure whether he would adapt to the Prem. But he has.

On a sidenote, I'm sure my Man United supporting soon-to-be-brother-in-law is a closet City fan as he always talks about them and Robinho :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
To be fair to Citeh yesterday (and I hate to say it) they were sexual.
The 3 brazilians up front (Rob, jo, Elano) basically peed all over a class
Pompey defence. Even SWP was in on the act and Stevie Ireland played like
Gods possessed. It was incredible, even just watching the extended highlights.
Trickery central, 6 different scorers, everyone eating a piece of the pie.

I was stunned....
but yes Roninho is worth every penny, and they have plenty more where that
came from too. definitely top 4 contenders in the near future, possibly even
this season, which is a scary thought.

Its kind of making me think, what if we had got Robinho?
We could do with a world class player on the left wing and he would have fit the
bill nicely, not that we would have done any business with those Madrid **** ****s.
but anyway, Im just delighted he has gone to Citeh rather than Chelsea cos if
he had gone to them, they would have been favourites for the league imo.
He makes that much of a difference.

·
Registered
934 Posts
they have made a good team in the other half of manchester. robinho is defo worth every penny....only so far, but im sure in the long run he still will be worth every penny.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
He worth every penny at the moment but I'm not sure if he will be able to continue like that. Later on he may find the competition very difficult.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I didn't expect him to take to the premiership as well as he did to be honest.

That said I don't think even for his performances, that he's worth his price. Nobody is worth that much.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
its not raining bricks in Manchester im sure hes seen rain before he will be fine.
its not winter yet mate and its the bitter cold ,frost and possible snow that will surely effect him .i will tell you how good he is come next may.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Zense_United said:
i agree with you all
Try and give some reasons if you can Zense. Too many of your posts
are just agreeing with others, so try and give more if you can thanks.
Any posts that dont add anything to the discussion shall be deleted in future.
Thanks.
J

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jazz 16 said:
Try and give some reasons if you can Zense. Too many of your posts
are just agreeing with others, so try and give more if you can thanks.
Any posts that dont add anything to the discussion shall be deleted in future.
Thanks.
J
I AGREE

;)

lol - just kidding---i think that if he wants to be worth every penny he needs to help them win some trophies...that way you can pay back some of the money the club spent on you...that's why i thought berba might actually be somewhat a flop...not because of his eventual goal draft but for the fact that it will be hard to win the CL this time and it's been hard for the team to win the EPL in 3 succesive times so far..almost no one has done - and without those trophies he will hardly have payed back the money come next may

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Citeh are looking immense, they might even challenge United and Arsenal for the best football!
Its scary enough cos All of the other big four's derby game's are a bit of a walk in the park... chelsea are always certain to beat w ham, everton are a can of **** and spurs are a joke this season... so not only do we have the tough big 4 games but we also have to play citeh in a derby game which by right should be a lottery... I can see them beating us again this season, certainly a tougher derby than any1 elses!
I cant believe they've been able to fit every1 in the way they have, the really look a good team, Ireland has proven he is knocking on the 'world class' door!! need him in a green jersey pronto!!!!

Re: Robinho, he certainly looks the business and I am v glad Chelsea didnt get him!! If Ronaldo forces a move next summer I'll be regretting we didnt take Robinho as exchange when we had the chance.. (obv hoping Ronaldo will stay)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts