Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robinho: English giants want me

SETANTA

Real Madrid star Robinho has revealed that he has been offered the chance to join both Chelsea and Manchester United.

The striker has told Brazilian reporters that he will leave El Santiago Bernabeu subject to a suitable offer being made by one of the Premier League giants.

Even if he is happy at Los Merengues, the spectacular attacker says he will be transferred if an agreement is found between his employers and his future club.

Chelsea, currently looking for a new manager, and United, ready to add new faces to their squad, will have to launch an ambitious bid if they want to try and sign the highly rated Robinho.

Cristiano Ronaldo is due to announce his future plans in two days, and if he opts to move to Spain, the Brazilian could be part of a swap deal.
“I have never hidden that my intention is to stay at Real Madrid, but if the negotiation is concrete, leaving will not be a problem,†Robinho said following Brazil's 3-2 win over Canada in Seattle.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
If Ronaldo is going I'd happily take Robinho as part of the deal, and spend the rest on Benzema, I'm beginning to get tired of Ronaldo's antics if he wants to go this isn't such a bad consolation prize... I thought Robinho was class this year!
Of course I would prefer if Ronaldo would stay but I'm highly worried about his stupid statement!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
YES. Is all i can say he's a fantastic player but is he an out and out striker plus he's rather small so i can see why people say "it's not what we need" as we need a big target man. But Robinho is very pacey and with decent service he can get round the back of the defence and cause problems so i say yeah!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Jennaluvsunited said:
We dont need him and wont becoming to united as ronaldo will be staying put
Well said jenna :)

There is no doubting Robihno has some class about him but he is no Ronnie....
and as Jenna said, Ronaldo WILL be a United player next season.
He isnt THAT stupid.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
robinho is miles ahead of any english winger in the game. Possibly better than any current english offensive player. He is not consistant but has been unlucky too but potential/ability wise there is no doubting the class of robinho. Do we need him? Not really but if ronaldo goes i would rather have robinho than any of the english wingers that have been mentioned.

pz

·
Banned
162 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Well said jenna :)

There is no doubting Robihno has some class about him but he is no Ronnie....
and as Jenna said, Ronaldo WILL be a United player next season.
He isnt THAT stupid.
Thank's Jazz, Glad you agree and wish all these rubbish rumour's would stop, But also annoyed abit with ronaldo for not already quashing all the speculation but he is young and love's the attention of the media

Dynamite said:
Im speechless, Father's way's :rolleyes:
I take after you too much, Plus you brainwashed me from being a baby regarding united :rolleyes:

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
robinho would struggle as a prem striker i dont think hes strong enough or big enough to play up front with both tevez and rooney not being the tallest, i think he plays better behind the front two.
ronaldo is without doubt the best in the world right now, the guy has serious commitment issues he needs to show some loyalty and respect for his team mates and the club especially after the way the club and players rallied round him after his antics and treatment of rooney when he got him sent off in the w.c...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Agent - Blues keen on Robinho

Chelsea are set to step up their interest in Real Madrid forward Robinho this week, according to the player's agent.

Robinho has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge for some time and the speculation has increased since the appointment of his fellow Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea.

Scolari only takes up his post on Tuesday but it is understood that he has identified Robinho as one of his top transfer targets and could be ready to make an offer of around £25million.

It has also been reported that Real Madrid are ready to sell as they look to raise funds in order to make an offer to Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Robinho's representative Wagner Ribeiro is aware of Chelsea's interest and believes the two clubs should begin formal talks in the coming days.

"It is not new but now with the arrival of Scolari to the bench they have increased the contact," Ribeiro said in the Daily Star.

"I expect there to be an official contact between the clubs this week after the end of the Euros."

Robinho, who enjoyed an impressive campaign for Real last term, will reportedly be offered a lucrative four-year deal.

hope robinho dont go to chelskii.. i like robinho and going to them will be a bad mistake..

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
chelski are linked to everyone in europe , just like united.
but i dare say the brazilian connection will bring a couple of them over along with the portugese

1 - 20 of 23 Posts