Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its pretty much a crime to mention a player of our rivals but i have been following this kids career ever since he joined madrid and i've always been a big fan BUT i was not sure whether he would be able to be consistant in england with man city not because he could not play here but because of the poor players he was playing with. I alwayss considered him world class but i could not understand why he would want to play with second rate players like swp and vassel when he is one of the finest players in the world.

But after watching his finish against arsenal, i thought the kid deserved a thread for it, it was amazing. Only a few players have the skill/composure and audacity to try such things and he is one of them. The guy is clearly very clinical because he has HUGE amounts of natural talents and playing in spain with madrid will have made him an even better finisher and now he is doing the business in england with alot of handicaps to be fair because often poor players do not know when to release a ball etc and are not very bright tactically but he keeps scorings quality goals!!

Just thought id made a thread since he scored an amazing finish the other day and ive been a fan of this world class player for some time...just cannot accept him playing for city though!

pz!

Z

·
0 Posts
I always had my doubts about just how good he was. The way I thought of it was:
Fast player + slow league = great performances. How wrong I was. Since moving to City he's been nothing short of brilliant. Him and SWP are playing really well together and feeding them the ball is Stephen Ireland who's also having a great season.

I think he's got 8 league goals already this season. Ronaldo also has 8 and missed a lot of games so far, but Robinho is in his debut season and if he stays at City next season I expect massive things from him (as if we haven't seen enough already).

He's one of the few players in football who can make the fans sit on the edge of their seats in anticipation of something special everytime he gets the ball. Messi and Ronaldo also fit into this bracket. The world needs more showboating and more naturally talented players like Robinho. And although he plays for our local rivals who play two minutes drive from me, he's great for the premier league as a whole.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
I've admired for a whille now too but didn't expect much from him this season cuz i thought the prem would be too physical for him but he's doing well.
I hope his form dries up before next week tho;)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blade said:
I always had my doubts about just how good he was. The way I thought of it was:
Fast player + slow league = great performances. How wrong I was. Since moving to City he's been nothing short of brilliant. Him and SWP are playing really well together and feeding them the ball is Stephen Ireland who's also having a great season.

I think he's got 8 league goals already this season. Ronaldo also has 8 and missed a lot of games so far, but Robinho is in his debut season and if he stays at City next season I expect massive things from him (as if we haven't seen enough already).

He's one of the few players in football who can make the fans sit on the edge of their seats in anticipation of something special everytime he gets the ball. Messi and Ronaldo also fit into this bracket. The world needs more showboating and more naturally talented players like Robinho. And although he plays for our local rivals who play two minutes drive from me, he's great for the premier league as a whole.
Steven Ireland has been fantastic! I honestly never knew he was this good until watching him this season. He seems to be the only one who is really in sync with robinho from the times i've seen them play.

'He's one of the few players in football who can make the fans sit on the edge of their seats in anticipation of something special everytime he gets the ball. Messi and Ronaldo also fit into this bracket. The world needs more showboating and more naturally talented players like Robinho.'

I think what you just said there pretty much sums this up and its only good for english football if more come to the premier league as it can only have a good effect on our upcoming players to be more daring and creative in the style of play they adopt coming up as a youth.

Scolari must be so annoyed at not having been able to get him. I wonder if he had direct contact with roman rather than having to go through mr kenyon, if he probably would be at chelsea now rather city...just as bad a thought if not worse.

Pz! :cool:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I seriously had my doubts about him, his performances in madrid were not that great imo, and he looked somewhat inconsistent, so when he came to england I had my doubts over wether or not he would succeed, but I must admit I was wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts