Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a tall strong center forward and throughout the Euros he's been rather impressive, maybe playing in the shadow of Arshavin but thats not a bad thing i suppose, shows he doesnt have ego, or attitude problems, and he looks like he can finish aswell, we'll soon see if he's up to it tomorrow evening when Russia take on Spain but i was wondering if anyone believes this man could be a key squad member, he may have to accept that he'll be 3rd choice but in certain games he will be a certain starter, for example Bolton and Blackburn away last season we ould of done with him, he can hold the ball up and like i say can finish with ease ... so could he be the missing link ? :cool:

Pavlyuchenko has been the most prolific goalscorer for Spartak Moscow, scoring 67 goals in 130 games. the type of record we're looking for aren't we ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
I agree, he seems like a great striker. Maybe he is the missing link. Hopefully he scores againt spain tomorrow, Russia deserves this championship.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
But he hasn't really caught the eye for his club or anything like that, he could be a Healy, because if a team had never seen him for Leeds or Fulham would more than likely want him at their club, so really do you think it is a great idea to buy him after him playing well in the Euros he scored against England but I reckon I could lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you've got a point there ando lol ;) just a suggestion though he looked pretty useful, he big and strong looked like the physic we could do with with rooney or tevez playing off of him it would be interesting, not saying we will buy him but he could be a decent option :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,457 Posts
I think Pavlyuchenko has been the most underrated Russian player. Everybody has been so busy drooling over Arshavin

that they haven't noticed Pavlyuchenko. He's scored 3 times already and for those who've been paying attention

he's also hit the bar at least as many times if not more. If not for a few inches he would currently be on 6 goals.

Arshavin wants Barca & while everyones distracted we should swoop for Pavlyuchenko.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
I really Liked this game..
He's tall and is great Header.
Also He can score goals from every distance (Remember that shot Againts Holland).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
i personally don't like the russians but they have a big chance of getting in the final after what we saw they can do against Holland..We need a striker, and who knows, maybe it will be him, maybe it won't.We'll W8 and see:)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I say why not?

I've been very impressed with him, hes got a great goal scoring record, and hes certainly better than some other strikers that are mentioned in the same sentence as us.

Hes not being linked with the number of teams he is because hes crap, that's for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
He is better than Arshavin IMO, and IMO is Russia's best player.

They said he was injured for all of Euro '08 and i was gutted but he clearly isn't :p !
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
He is better than Arshavin IMO, and IMO is Russia's best player.

They said he was injured for all of Euro '08 and i was gutted but he clearly isn't :p !
:p

I would love to have him here.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
292 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
He is better than Arshavin IMO, and IMO is Russia's best player.

They said he was injured for all of Euro '08 and i was gutted but he clearly isn't :p !
You got him mixed up with another player. Pogrebnyak is the one who has missed Euro 08 with injury. Pavlyuchenko was never an injury doubt for this tournament. I like Pavlyuchenko, but I would prefer Pogrebnyak who is younger and is more clinical with his finshing. Pogrebniak finished top scorer in the Uefa Cup, so he has shown his ability in europe.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
pavlyechenko is lucky guy
if pogrebnyak is is not injured
pavly would play any match :rolleyes:
pavly is tall but he is not tough
pavly is like crouch FALL DOWN EASILY!!!
no body balance no shoulders no menatality no aggression
this guy wont be the same goalscorer in the EPL
he is so thin and he dont score from headers
if pogrebnyak is playing with russia he would be the euro 2008 top goalsscorer
and you would have seen his mighty partnership with arshavin :rolleyes:
Banana-rama said:
You got him mixed up with another player. Pogrebnyak is the one who has missed Euro 08 with injury. Pavlyuchenko was never an injury doubt for this tournament. I like Pavlyuchenko, but I would prefer Pogrebnyak who is younger and is more clinical with his finshing. Pogrebniak finished top scorer in the Uefa Cup, so he has shown his ability in europe.
is it fare to compare pavly with pogrebnyak
no
pogrebnyak have potenital to be even better
and pogrebnyak puts all russian strikers in his smallest pocket
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
292 Posts
abojodeh said:
pavlyechenko is lucky guy
if pogrebnyak is is not injured
pavly would play any match :rolleyes:
pavly is tall but he is not tough
pavly is like crouch FALL DOWN EASILY!!!
no body balance no shoulders no menatality no aggression
this guy wont be the same goalscorer in the EPL
he is so thin and he dont score from headers
if pogrebnyak is playing with russia he would be the euro 2008 top goalsscorer
and you would have seen his mighty partnership with arshavin :rolleyes:

is it fare to compare pavly with pogrebnyak
no
pogrebnyak have potenital to be even better
and pogrebnyak puts all russian strikers in his smallest pocket
Im not sure what your talking about abo, I never compared Pavly with Pogrebnyak at all. All I said was that Pogrebnyak is better, LOL. Try to read things more carefully before making harsh comments.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
Banana-rama said:
Im not sure what your talking about abo, I never compared Pavly with Pogrebnyak at all. All I said was that Pogrebnyak is better, LOL. Try to read things more carefully before making harsh comments.
i didnt say that you compared pavly with pogrebnyak
am trying to show that pavlyechenko wouldnt exist if pogrebnyak is not injured
am trying to show that pogrebnyak is way to better than pavlyechenko
people here are taking pavlyechenko seriously
i dont think that fergie will add pavlyechenko to his transfer list
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top