Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Goal.com

Brazilian football legend Romario may have just called time on his glorious career, but he is not yet ready to relinquish the spotlight following some astounding revelations...

The 'Baixinho' confessed to the press that he engaged in sexual intercourse on a plane when on a flight with the Brazilian national football team, and that he considers himself "better than Pele."

It's History

''I did this when I started off with the [Brazilian] national team, in one of my first trips. I don't remember exactly when," he recalled on a program on Globo television network. "We took a flight to Switzerland. The rest is history."

Although now retired from football, Romario hasn't lost any of his trademark characteristics - most notably, his self-confidence.

The Best Of Them All

The Fifa 1994 World Cup winner said that inside of the area he is "the best of them all," and he also considers himself better than Pele.

"Because I never saw Pele play, I consider myself better than him," reasoned the 42-year-old. "But I also know that there is only one Pele. There is only one Maradona as well. And Romario is unique. I don't see any successor. Inside of the area, I was the best of them all."

Escape!

Obviously feeling somewhat liberated by no longer being as accountable for his actions, the legendary striker continued to reveal many of his acts of indiscipline as a player.

He said that he would "always" leave the team hotel without permission when on duty with the Brazilian national team, or with any of his former clubs.

"I always escaped from hotels," he revealed. "In the Brazil-Uruguay match in '93, I escaped from the hotel and I went to another one.

"In the Copa America, outside of Brazil, in Bolivia, I also left [the hotel]. In the '94 World Cup, I left the hotel at least twice to go for a lap around the place. I have always escaped. Nobody knew. Not even me," he joked.

One of his less startling revelations of the day was that he is hoping to have another child. Despite having had a vasectomy, the Brazilian opted to have some sperm frozen should he ever choose to have more children, which now apparently appears to be the case.

Amidst all the bravado, he was not afraid to show his weakness either. He admitted to being a "nervious" flyer, a little wary of dogs and a few other tidbits in what proved to be a comically revealing interview from a man that will live long in the memory of football.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Romario is better at having sex on a plane than Pele? Well, that's not surprising given Pele's "erectile dysfunction" that he's got according to the advert! :D

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
The Ever Modest and Diplomatic Romario...

With all the negativity lying around after today's CL semi I thought I'd inject a bit of humor into the place. Have any of you read the article on goal.com about Romario?
It's good for a laugh. It's entitled "Romario: I Had Sex On A Plane And I'm Better Than Pele". Pretty self explanatory, really. Here are some quotable quotes:

The 'Baixinho' confessed to the press that he engaged in sexual intercourse on a plane when on a flight with the Brazilian national team:
"I did this when I started off with the [Brazilian] national team, in one of my first trips. I don't remember exactly when, We took a flight to Switzerland. The rest is history."

The 1994 World Cup winner said that inside of the area he is "the best of them all," and he also considers himself better than Pele. "Because I never saw Pele play, I consider myself better than him," reasoned the 42-year-old. "But I also know that there is only one Pele. There is only one Maradona as well. And Romario is unique. I don't see any successor. Inside of the area, I was the best of them all."

The rest of the article see him talking about "escaping" team hotels, when with Brazil. He claims he was so good at it even he didn't know he was gone.:D Smart alec. Here's the link:
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=668166#Comm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts