Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
lol, we did the same corner tactic in my club like 10 years ago, it rocked, but you kinda have to tell the ref or else they would whislte it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Stupid, nothing wrong with that, even the linesman took about 10secs to react to what had happened. nothing in the rules that says you can't do that on a corner.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Was a clever idea but like somone said above the ball never came out of the corner so therefor the corner asnt been took in my opinion as in the rules i think the ball has to leave the corner before somone else can touch it this is the same for goal kicks the ball as to leave the area before a player can touch it so i agree with the ref and linesman. But...;

If the ball DOES come out of the corner then its ok so i do think they will try it again so yes we have to watch out for this.

·
Registered
322 Posts
but i think if you will kick the ball a little and the other team goes for it, the other team will say they havnt done a corner, a bit debate there.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Decent idea my mate was telling me about a team in league one i cant remember who it was now but they do a circle around the 6 yard box and all burst out into different positions, anyone know who it is?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Damian said:
Was a clever idea but like somone said above the ball never came out of the corner so therefor the corner asnt been took in my opinion as in the rules i think the ball has to leave the corner before somone else can touch it this is the same for goal kicks the ball as to leave the area before a player can touch it so i agree with the ref and linesman. But...;

If the ball DOES come out of the corner then its ok so i do think they will try it again so yes we have to watch out for this.
agreed

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I don't think it has to leave the corner area semi circle for it to class as a corner. Think of a penalty, as long as its touched then it counts. The circle is just to show the area it has to be taken in.

Unsporting though i still think. If United scored like that i'd have little complaints though!

·
Registered
590 Posts
The team I used to play for pulled this trick a few years back :D lol

But you do have to make sure the ref knows, because a touch that small is often hard to see, especially if the ref isn't expecting it

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Andreas_svan said:
then they stole that from my team:D
LMAO

I think it's a very good idea. It also shows there is still imagination and inventiveness in modern football. :)

Now Pires' and Henry's attempt at a shared penalty is a different matter :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts