Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I wouldn't mind terribly if he arrived at United. He should have arrived in 2003 though. United lost a lot by screwing up the deal. There might not have been a decline if it weren't for Peter Kenyon.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Richie said:
Yeah he could have been a true united great, only united were only willing to pay £19m rather than the £21 barcelona payed. But as I say there is still time and he really could get back to being the best
How would a willingness to pay 3 million less than Barcelona have helped?

The deal was agreed. Kenyon insulted PSG by paying a million less than the agreed amount because he found out that United was 2 million above the most Barcelona were willing to pay. PSG were insulted and sold to Barca instead.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Richie said:
First of all the difference between £19m and £21m is £2m, and i never said it helped i meant it ruined the deal for us.

And by the way, Peter Kenyon, what a ******!
Lol I know, not sure why I put 3. And didn't read your first post properly. I can't stand Kenyon. Did you see him collecting the runners-up medal for Chelsea at the CL final? What a ****.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.