Manchester United Talk banner

Ronaldinho anyone?

749 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  NIRed-devil 
#1 ·
Now i know his form has dropped in the past year or so and he hasn't been the force he was, but i i think Ronaldinho's drop in form has been down to the fact he just has nothing left he can achieve at Barcelona that he hasn't already, he's still well under 30 so he won't be physically past it.

He's won the spanish league, spanish cups, europian cup, world cup, copa america, all the player awards going, he needs something new to light the fire. Some players like Giggs or Scholesy can find the same desire to win the same thing over and over and over again, but not everybody's the same are they?

I really believe he could get back to his unstoppable best at united and if he did, a £30m price tag wouldn't seem so much.

I know we're looking to build a young squad that devolopes together, but i think he could have a really good affect on the younger and older players, and would give an extra dimension to out side that could lead us to Europian domination.

His presence could have a really good affect on the devolopment of players such as nani and anderson, so that when he would begin to leave his peak in 2 or 3 years time, they would be ready to carry the torch at a similar world class level.

Sign that man!

See less See more
#4 ·
Richie said:
Yeah he could have been a true united great, only united were only willing to pay £19m rather than the £21 barcelona payed. But as I say there is still time and he really could get back to being the best
How would a willingness to pay 3 million less than Barcelona have helped?

The deal was agreed. Kenyon insulted PSG by paying a million less than the agreed amount because he found out that United was 2 million above the most Barcelona were willing to pay. PSG were insulted and sold to Barca instead.

#6 ·
Stick him on a treadmill and away you go. It's about desire for Ronaldinho though, the man has won pretty much everything so what's the point? He will I think though, get his act together at another club, which will probably be AC. Milan to be fair. They will be looking to replace Seedorf and Pirlo and getting Ronaldinho and Flamini is a decent start. They have already off loaded Gilardinho (spelling?) hence the look in for Drogba/Adebayor.

If Ronaldinho arrived at United, then wow, but I can't see it.

#8 ·
Richie said:
First of all the difference between £19m and £21m is £2m, and i never said it helped i meant it ruined the deal for us.

And by the way, Peter Kenyon, what a ******!
Lol I know, not sure why I put 3. And didn't read your first post properly. I can't stand Kenyon. Did you see him collecting the runners-up medal for Chelsea at the CL final? What a ****.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.