Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd's Ronaldo back in training today
tribalfooball.com - August 22, 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo was in training this morning at Manchester United.
The Portugal international has recovered from ankle surgery and is on the road back to full fitness ahead of schedule. He trained lightly going through some running exercises.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=108083

I hope its true, the sooner he gets back the better

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i know

Ronaldo back in light training
by Adam Marshall, 22 August 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo has returned to light training with Manchester United, even though he is some way off a first-team return.

The Portugal forward has recovered from ankle surgery and is on the road back to full fitness ahead of schedule.

Sir Alex Ferguson also saw Park Ji-sung and Owen Hargreaves train on Friday, although both look set to miss Monday's clash with Portsmouth.

The champions have a light schedule domestically but their next three Premier League fixtures are all difficult away assignments - at Pompey, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Paul Scholes admits he is not looking too far into the future regarding his Old Trafford career.

"I am 34 in November and hope to still be playing when I am 35," he told The Manchester Evening News.

"Anything after that will be a bonus. As long as I still feel I am contributing to United, I will carry on."

Scholes also reiterated that he has not been close to coming out of international retirement because he was "not enjoying it one bit".

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/22/Prem-Ronaldo-back-in-training/

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
if tribal footy says Huntelaar is going to join us it means he is going to real
and if it says Ronaldo is back to training it means he is injured again !

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Hmm...

Stetanta are reliable........See training isn't always the same thing.

He could be in the gym, light jogging etc... nothing meaningful such as free kick taking...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Ronaldo's maybe a little bit ahead of schedule," said Ferguson. "He's surprisingly good.

"He's been doing jogging all week. Only jogging, nothing serious, we're quite pleased with that."

that's what fergie said but still the boy can run again

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Another step on the road to recovery for Ronaldo but I'm praying that...

The United manager also confirmed that Michael Carrick and Cristiano Ronaldo are on schedule for their own returns from injury - three weeks and three months respectively.

...on manutd.com is a mistake :eek:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
there's photos on the sun website and he looks really unhappy so the sun have played on that how hes unhappy etc lol, but atleast hes back up and the sooner her player he better, he needs to build up my respect again

·
23,699 Posts
A slideshow of 15 pictures on Ronaldo's first training session since the saga....

HERE'S the sight Manchester United fans have waited all summer to see — Cristiano Ronaldo back in training at Carrington.

The Portuguese ace missed the Premier League kick-off last weekend as he is still recovering from surgery on a niggling ankle injury picked up towards the end of last season.

But our pictures show the £75million-rated winger was not overly pleased to be back in Manchester with his team-mates earlier today.

While Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, John O'Shea and Louis Saha were all snapped laughing and joking during the session, Ronaldo cut a forlorn figure as he battles to get back to match fitness.

The former Sporting Lisbon star, 23, was courted by Spanish giants Real Madrid in one of the longest transfer sagas of the summer.

But at least our pictures will go some way to reassuring United fans he is staying at Old Trafford — despite his grim-faced looks.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1594990.ece

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I think he will be back quicker than we expect...mayb back in time for the bolton game on 27th SEPT?....and the sun love nothing better than to blow things out of proportion with UTD!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
sean2689 said:
I think he will be back quicker than we expect...mayb back in time for the bolton game on 27th SEPT?....and the sun love nothing better than to blow things out of proportion with UTD!
well said there mate i bet there wa atleast 100 photos taken of him today and they just cut out the 15 most unhappy looking ones and made a story with it, a picture never ever tells the truth caue its a split moment in time

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
abojodeh said:
yeah its from the sun we have to believe it :p
lol Abo, but they do have photos to back it up for once :D
He looks glum yeh, but so would any player who cant play. He is near the start
of his rehabilitation so he has weeks more of being glum.
Great news that he's back though, in the mix with the lads. Hopefully
they give him a hard time, cos he deserves it the ****. :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol Abo, but they do have photos to back it up for once :D
He looks glum yeh, but so would any player who cant play. He is near the start
of his rehabilitation so he has weeks more of being glum.
Great news that he's back though, in the mix with the lads. Hopefully
they give him a hard time, cos he deserves it the ****. :)
if sulktov come i will cheer for Slave
cuz i can't hate 2 players at the same season with United :)
and even if i returned my respect to ronaldo i will still call him Slave
beacause i like it :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
abojodeh said:
if sulktov come i will cheer for Slave
cuz i can't hate 2 players at the same season with United
and even if i returned my respect to ronaldo i will still call him Slave
beacause i like it :D
Why do you hate Berbatov? or 'Sulktov' :rolleyes: :p
Change your sig too Abo. Its too big and too crap....
No offence to Spelly of course. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts