Manchester United Talk banner

Ronaldo backs Man Utd for double

939 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  carlyluvsunited 
#1 ·
Cristiano Ronaldo believes Manchester United will retain their Premier League title and win a third European Cup after a solid start to the season.
The Portuguese winger has scored six goals to help United to second in the domestic table and to win their opening three games in the Champions League.

And the 22-year-old said: "I believe we will win the Premier League and the Champions League this season.

"We have the team, we have the players and we believe we can do it."

United have won their last eight games, scoring four goals in each of their last four matches.

And Ronaldo continued: "Many players are scoring goals and this is good for our motivation - the last three weeks have been fantastic and we need to keep it going."

The Red Devils travel to the Emirates Stadium on Saturday to face an Arsenal side who are top the table and yet to lose in the league.

"Arsenal are playing fantastic, attractive football and they are one of the most difficult teams to play against," Ronaldo added.

"But it's a good opportunity to see how good we are - Arsenal have started well, but the season is a marathon and you need to be consistent."

See less See more
#4 ·
i think that we have a good chance of regaining our premiership crown, but i dont expect us to win the champions league this time round. give it a year or two perhaps for these new players to form the vital bonds and im sure we will be up there with a great chance of winning the CL.

i hope i am wrong about not winning it this season though

#9 ·
the double is a good possibility..no doubt about it. united have as much quality and attacking force as some of the best teams in europe,what would concern me is if we were to lose rio or vidic around the knock out stage then we are vunerable in defence, i think SAF needs to think about a new defender in january as cover.

attacking wise theres is no shortgage even if we get players injured

happy days

bring on 99 again

#12 ·
I'm glad Ronaldo is confident but coming out with comments like this can come back to bite you on the backside.

Last season on MUTV they were all talking up the chances of winning the quadruple...in the build up to the game against Southend. D'oh!

Also, Michael Essien came out with a comment about having looked at the remaining fixtures for Chelsea and United, he had done the maths and Chelsea would win the league by 5 points. Dumbass!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.