Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week he dived and rightfully got booked.
today he got hacked and the ref gave him a card for diving, which was undeserved.

Is his reputation preceding him? Could this be a problem in the future?
or does he deserve to be targeted by the refs because of his diving/petulance in the past?

Z

·
0 Posts
Regardless of reputation, the referee was in a good position to see it. It was a shocking decision to book him and if he'd picked up another booking for something else he'd have been unjustly sent off.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regardless of reputation, the referee was in a good position to see it. It was a shocking decision to book him and if he'd picked up another booking for something else he'd have been unjustly sent off.
The ref got it wrong but when Ronnie is moving he really moves at great speed. It can be a tough call for the ref.
Im just worried that this will happen again and again, and it could cost us in a big match.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Terrible decision but, like you both have said, it's his reputation (and his Blackburn-like dives).

To be fair, just before that O'Shea could have been sent off for a second yellow. It evened out in the end.....and We won! :thumbsup:

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Definitely a case of his reputation going before him

Shocking decision, I'm sure Fergie would have has soemthing to say about it if we didnt win

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If that had been anyone else on the pitch, it would have been a penalty imo, but Ronaldo's reputation goes before him again.

And I bet we hardly hear anything mentioned about it as well.

·
Registered
734 Posts
it shouldnt matter if he has a bad rep, in the case of pinos its a pino or not someones rep shouldnt have anything to do with it how can someones rep change what the ref sees, some refs are just stupid.
thankfully it didnt cost us today.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it shouldnt matter if he has a bad rep, in the case of pinos its a pino or not someones rep shouldnt have anything to do with it how can someones rep change what the ref sees, some refs are just stupid.
Thats my point. I feel some refs just think 'Oh its ronaldo he must have dived' and then book him.
He seems to get away with the kicking out/petulance but then doesnt get half the free kicks he deserves.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
You would be surprised how much goes through a referees mind in the split second of a challenge in the box. For me at least, it can feel like a solid minute.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thats my point. I feel some refs just think 'Oh its ronaldo he must have dived' and then book him.
He seems to get away with the kicking out/petulance but then doesnt get half the free kicks he deserves.
yea but that is what he should be getting booked for, its like in turn the ref turns a blind eye to frees which is a disgrace, but thats Ronaldo for ya, love him or hate him

·
Registered
734 Posts
You would be surprised how much goes through a referees mind in the split second of a challenge in the box. For me at least, it can feel like a solid minute.
some refs are disasters, in cases like that when a ref really isnt sure maybe the 4th official should step in but thats a different story altogether.

·
Registered
141 Posts
its a reputation hes built himself and he wont get the benefit of the doubt so much anymore, even though the refs position was good it happens that fast its hard to tell if he has dived especially coming so soon after the blackburn bomb

1 - 20 of 24 Posts