Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News reports say Ronaldo as been involved in a car crash he is fine but his cars a right off more news to follow

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
"Don't worry Mr Ronaldo, you're face will be fine"

A huge sigh of relief escapes the lips of Ronaldo & countless marketing executives at Nike. :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Glad he's not injured.

Best footballer - worst driver?

here's another vid of an actor, Eddie Griffin crashing the director's ferarri

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
dlan4327 said:
I'd heard the news that his car was a write off but seeing the picture, it actually sinks in.

What did he hit?
An elephant stampede that was just passing through?
The wall probably. If his free kicks are anything to go by.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
BBC News said:
The 23-year-old winger was driving the sports car through a tunnel beneath the runways when he smashed into a barrier.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said his team-mate Edwin van der Sar was following in his Bentley, but the Dutch keeper was not involved in the crash.

Ronaldo was not injured in the accident, which happened on the A538 Altrincham Road at about 1020 GMT.

One lane of the road has been closed while the debris is removed.

'Training as normal'

A GMP spokesman said an investigation into the crash, which happened between Wilmslow and Hale, Cheshire, was under way.

Police said the Portuguese international gave a negative breath test to officers at the scene.

The red Ferrari was badly damaged in the collision, with the front edge of the vehicle completely demolished.

The player was unharmed and attended training on Thursday

One of the wheels had come off in the incident and was about 200 yards behind where the vehicle had come to rest.

Manchester United have confirmed that Ronaldo is fine and is training with the club.

A club spokesman said: "He was involved in an incident this morning. No other cars were involved.

"He's fine and is training as normal with the team this morning."

Onlooker Jody Lomax was driving behind Ronaldo when the crash happened.

"The Ferrari went straight into the wall, his front left-hand wheel came off and then Ronaldo got out of the car," he said.

"I was shocked. Anyway he was all right, he was walking - he was a bit shaken."

Mr Lomax added: "Obviously I was stunned at seeing a Ferrari go in the wall and seeing Ronaldo.

"He was obviously shaken - who wouldn't be? - but it's a shame about the car as well."

The Car!! :eek: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45356000/gif/_45356865_ferrari226.gif

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
he has had trouble with his angles all season - maybe he needs a set of dennis taylor stylee glasses ?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I know these tunnels we used to ride through them when we were kids to get to the bollin river to swim in .

There very similar to the ones Princess Diana was killed in so he is a very lucky boy.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Cristiano Ronaldo escaped injury after crashing his Ferrari on the way to training with Manchester United on Thursday morning.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed that the Portuguese international's car was involved in a collision with a roadside barrier in a tunnel near Manchester Airport.

No-one was injured in the incident and Ronaldo was able to get out of the car himself before speaking to police at the scene and then continuing to train with his team-mates as normal.

A statement from Greater Manchester Police read: "At about 10.20am police were called to the A538 Wilmslow Road near to Manchester Airport following reports of a road traffic collision.

"Officers attended and discovered a Ferrari had collided with a barrier.

"No one is believed to have been injured. Inquiries are continuing."

United confirmed the incident had taken place and that the Ballon d'Or winner was unhurt.

A club spokesman said: "He was involved in an incident this morning. No other cars were involved.

"He's fine and is training as normal with the team this morning."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4764426,00.html

·
23,699 Posts
haggler said:
he has had trouble with his angles all season - maybe he needs a set of dennis taylor stylee glasses ?
I am sure this car crash would be mentioned again in some diary. ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
sounds like he was messing with the Bentley of Edwin Van Da Sar,happy he is fine and trained as normal,looking at the
car you wouldn't of thought that,i'm sure Ferrari are rushing round with a replacement. :D

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
its obvious why he crashed....his mind was on moving to madrid.

i say if he cant drive then sell him to madrid as any true united player would be able to deal with the basics of handling a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
he has had a bit of a bang hasn't he ,im glad that he is ok !
looking at the car it could have been far more serious .
this has to be utds best result this week .thank god.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts