Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cristiano Ronaldo (photo Press-Sports) in Arsenal? The transfer has what to make salivate the supporters of Gunners. It could have been concluded in 2003, when the Gold Balloon - then 18 years old - evolved/moved in Sporting Lisbon. “I met Arsène Wenger with three recoveries, whose once with my mother, who wanted to hear what it had to propose to me, the attacker of Red Devils in France Football entrusts. The contacts which we had with Arsenal and Arsene were close to leading to a transfer. Really, one was with two fingers. â€

The Portuguese wonder preferred to join the rows of Manchester United with the help of an allowance of transfer estimated at 18 million euros. But for the international Lusitanian, “Wenger remains a very intelligent person in the football, for which I have much regardâ€.

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2008/20081205_165355_c-ronaldo-aurait-pu-venir-a-arsenal.html

Its from a web translator so its not always 100% understandable. :D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I've read this story before , Wenger says that Ronaldo could of signed for them but they turned him down . It all sounds like sour grapes to me lets face facts though if the lad wants out of united for real after 5 years he wouldnt of made it past his first season at Arsenal !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
spellbound said:
when the Gold Balloon
Lol.

Here's the article from Sky Sports...

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has confessed that he came close to joining Arsenal before moving to Old Trafford.

Ronaldo signed for United in a £12million move from Sporting Lisbon in 2003, but the Portugal international was 'within a whisker' of a move to North London instead.

The recently-crowned 2008 Ballon d'Or winner met Arsene Wenger on three occasions and he admits he holds a great deal of respect for the Gunners boss.

"I came within a whisker of doing it," Ronaldo told France Football when asked about rumours that he was close to agreeing a deal at Arsenal five years ago.

"Wenger is someone I respect a lot. He is very intelligent."

Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo's agent, added: "That is what happened. Everyone wanted Cristiano; Real (Madrid), Juventus, Barcelona.

"But only Arsenal and Manchester United attempted to take him from there (Sporting Lisbon) that season. The others wanted to leave him at Sporting at least a year."

·
Registered
542 Posts
i like how they exgagerate this whole thing "ronaldo has CONFESSED

LMAO... coulda should woulda. ronaldo was meant to be at man utd end off. whoever makes these rumours must be one bored person

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
They turned down Ronaldo and bought Reyes instead..... ohhh Wenger Wenger Wenger.

He was actuallly a fantastic prospect as far as I can remember...sort of faded then a bit

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Keano! said:
He was actuallly a fantastic prospect as far as I can remember...sort of faded then a bit
Thats true Keano but you could say that about alot of players ya know... still a big Boo Boo from Wenger;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts