Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else feel this could be possible?

Great player, if Carlos gets the united job more likely to happen? Winds up other players, getting very experienced now.. I think he could do it in 3/4 years..

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
No chance. I don't think he has the capabilities. if we still have Rio ferdinand in a few years time he will be captain. If not, I could see Owen Hargreaves perhaps leading the side.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
as a few have said before me he's quite a long way back in the Q

and as for carlos getting the united job , no chance what so ever when fergie goes so will he, he may go before fergie

·
Registered
427 Posts
andycole9 said:
as a few have said before me he's quite a long way back in the Q

and as for carlos getting the united job , no chance what so ever when fergie goes so will he, he may go before fergie
I hope Carlos stays for a while. He's a great influence for the Portuguese especially Anderson who "can't speak a word of english."

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Brock said:
I hope Carlos stays for a while. He's a great influence for the Portuguese especially Anderson who "can't speak a word of english."
niether can fergie and he's been there 21 years :D

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he does have leadership qualities but is just a bit young. He definately winds up other players. Maybe if he stays at united his whole career he could get it after Rio or whoever?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
By winds up what do you mean? Do you mean he infuriates the opposition? :p or do you mean he can gee up his own players? If the latter it must be through his performance(like gerrard) and not through verbal actions like (Terry/Neville).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well beckham was a celebrity footballer to and look at him i think its a possibility in a few years i think people would of said the same about giggs when he was 22 but hes captain now so dont write ronny off just yet

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think that Rooney in a few years will defo have the leadership qualities, But i reckon Hargreaves will be a great captain. If you listen to what he says in interviews he shows leaderships quailites and he can be a great captain in years to come!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Anyone else feel this could be possible?

Great player, if Carlos gets the united job more likely to happen? Winds up other players, getting very experienced now.. I think he could do it in 3/4 years..

eh No........lmao...

Your reason for him getting the captaincy is that he....."winds up other players" and is getting...."very experienced now".....lol...

Ronaldo is a talented player and was a massive factor in us winning the league last season but imho he is nowhere near ready to become captain of MUFC and atm nowhere near capable of doing the job...

Hargreaves, Ferdinand and Rooney are more viable candidates......

They have fire in their bellies and frankly when the going gets tough I don't know if Ronaldo could stand up and lead the team....
e.g. like the way Keane did on so many occasions...not least against Juventus in 99...

Against Arsenal Ronaldo was non-existent for large periods of the match.....
On the other hand, 19 year old Anderson, was flying into tackles and showed great heart and determination.....he was a hero and a joy to behold...

Rooney worked tirelessly and scored a goal....

Ferdinand was a rock at the back and commanded the back four....

Against AC Milan last season we needed a leader, someone to step up and take control, no one did and we were made to look like amateurs by a far superior Milan side.....

Some how I feel if Anderson was playing in that match the way he played against Arsenal it could have been a lot different...

Hargreaves seems like the front runner for me.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ronaldo for captain..maybe not. I do think Hargreaves will be a great captain.

What about Vidic though..i think he will be the complete player before too long.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Ronaldo is the captain of Portugal but at United I think there's a few in the line ahead of him at the moment.

When Neville and Giggs are not available Rio takes the armband and if he's not playing too it's gone to Rooney.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
No he doesnt have the right mentality, Rooney MIGHT, I think his temper needs to be sorted out fully, Captain needs to set an example. Hargo?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
In my opinion there is noone more physical and passionate EVERY game than the tank rooney, i hope when the day of passing the band happens it goes to wayne!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Rio is obvious choice.......

But even though I think strikers being captain is not ideal.......

I would accept Mr Rooney.......

You need a fighter......

Someone who runs non-stop.......

Even when things don't go their way.......

Someone who never gives up.......

And he ticks all these boxes for sure.

Ronaldo seems to give up if things go against him.......

So no.......not Ronaldo for me thanks

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I agree with you Carly, not Ronaldo. If he stays fit, I would love to see Hargreaves as captain - real busy body. Great worker, though because he hasn't been at United all that long, a few others might get ahead of him.

My list of candidates
Hargreaves
Rooney
Evra
Vidic
Ferdinand

1 - 20 of 23 Posts