Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldo: I'll join Manchester City

Brazil legend Ronaldo claims he is on course for a move to Manchester City in January.

The 32-year-old star has piled on the flab while battling back from a knee injury. But the former Real Madrid and Barcelona striker said: "I am at 70 per cent. In other words, very close to playing again.

"I know that there's interest from Manchester City - and I am focused on my recovery to explore this." And Ronaldo's father Nelia revealed: "He wants to return to Europe."

His representative Fabiano Farah said: "We want a project that will live up to the history of Ronaldo."

City boss Mark Hughes has already shown interest in Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz. But it is a potential role at City for Ronaldo that will create the biggest buzz around Eastlands.

To shed the pounds Ronaldo is training at Rio de Janeiro club Flamengo with top physio Bruno Mazziotti.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/11/18/ronaldo-i-ll-join-manchester-city-115875-20904412/

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
ffs thought it was a story about our Ronaldo for a second :rolleyes:

....I would LOVE to see him in the Premiership even if its at Sh*tty.
One of the all time greats, top scorer in the World Cup, absolute legend.
Remember his hat-trick at OT as well as the ovation he got when he was subbed? :eek:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jazz 16 said:
ffs thought it was a story about our Ronaldo for a second :rolleyes:

....I would LOVE to see him in the Premiership even if its at Sh*tty.
One of the all time greats, top scorer in the World Cup, absolute legend.
Remember his hat-trick at OT as well as the ovation he got when he was subbed? :eek:

He made his comeback in a charity game last night. He looked far from fit but it was a big step back to the world stage.

And the hattrick...UH.:(

Z

·
0 Posts
He was a great player but unfortunately (or not, as the case may be) he's past
it now. There's no way he can handle the pace of the Premiership with all the
problems he's had with his knee over the last few years. And he also needs to
lose the weight.

I think he'd be a step in the wrong direction for Ciddeh so I hope they do buy
him. It's just a shame that such a great player will have his CV tarnished with
the words "Manchester City".

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Blade said:
It's just a shame that such a great player will have his CV tarnished with
the words "Manchester City".
great line......classic:D

he is well past it now, but in is prime he was just awesome.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
good luck to him....i hope he'll do well...don't care about city,but would love to see the big man fit and trim,and playing like he used to.....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
red lady said:
good luck to him....i hope he'll do well...don't care about city,but would love to see the big man fit and trim,and playing like he used to.....
The 1st Ronaldo is have peaked but he's the the number one in World Cup history in scoring goals and he's also a Brazilian legend with 3 back to back finals. For me its sad to see these great players when they are over the top but I heard another great player saying that its better to play as long as its fun rather then to make a Hollywood ending (quitting when you're on top) and maybe he's right.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Why would the Legend do that to himself? Even if he is past it, he is much too good for them. :( Ronaldo has achieved everything in the game, there is nothing left for him to win, except the Champion's League.

I'll always be a big fan of his, evne if he does go to City.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hahahaha, he'll get fatter in the UK as 9/10 people will be obese by 2050 i think, but i got to admit he is a legend, and now he's just Fat Ronaldo! there's only one Ronaldo and thats Cristiano Ronaldo!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
CaptainRoyKeane said:
Hahahaha, he'll get fatter in the UK as 9/10 people will be obese by 2050 i think, but i got to admit he is a legend, and now he's just Fat Ronaldo! there's only one Ronaldo and thats Cristiano Ronaldo!

well lets just hope our ronnie won't ever get injured and suffer a weight problem then...:rolleyes:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Arabic food is full of fat if he joins Citteh and get treated as a star guest and getting invited to a dinner with the owners i do predict to see him participating in The Biggest Loser Next Season :p

Good luck to him hope he find less injures

once a legend always obese

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
abojodeh said:
Arabic food is full of fat if he joins Citteh and get treated as a star guest and getting invited to a dinner with the owners i do predict to see him participating in The Biggest Loser Next Season :p

Good luck to him hope he find less injures

once a legend always obese

abo....he can lose the weight,and still be a legend...and i bet he can show half of the overpaid nannies at city a few tricks,even though he's a big boy...i wish well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts