Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4720753,00.html

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Middlesbrough captain Emanuel Pogatetz repotredly had to be separated in the tunnel as tempers threatened to boil over as the two teams made their way down the Old Trafford at half-time during Monday night's game.

After Pogatetz grappled Ronaldo to the ground as the two players lined up for an injury-time corner, the Portuguese treated referee Martin Atkinson to a finger-wagging rebuke as he pleaded for a penalty. His complaints then carried on at the interval with the two players reportedly coming close to blows.

'The players squared up to each other and went forehead to forehead, with witnesses saying that the squabble and shouting continued into the players' tunnel, where a member of Middlesbrough's backroom staff also railed at Ronaldo,' reports The Times.

"It seemed as though Pogatetz grabbed him around the neck,'' commented Sir Alex Ferguson. "That happens in penalty boxes all the time. We've had referees coming to meet the players a couple of years ago and they said it would be stamped out with one warning and then a red card. But nothing ever happens.''

A spat involving Ronaldo does, however, seem to be an increasingly common occurrence. In recent weeks, he has kicked out at both Tottenham's Michael Dawson and Stoke's Andy Wilkinson after both players dared to tackle him.

·
Registered
605 Posts
RedForceRising said:
A spat involving Ronaldo does, however, seem to be an increasingly common occurrence. In recent weeks, he has kicked out at both Tottenham's Michael Dawson and Stoke's Andy Wilkinson after both players dared to tackle him.
his ego is getting too big

·
Registered
353 Posts
i know some people here still love ronny but he is no where near the player he was last year and his free kicks r a joke and i think he is annoyed with himself thats why hes started kickin out.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Dawson and Stoke's Andy Wilkinson after both players dared to tackle him.
Ronaldo's been acting like a spoilt brat ever since he joined United. It's nothing new.

As for 'dared to tackle him' what a ridiculous statement for a journalist to make. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
reddwarf said:
Ronaldo's been acting like a spoilt brat ever since he joined United. It's nothing new.

As for 'dared to tackle him' what a ridiculous statement for a journalist to make. :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's a very sensationalist statement, but Ronaldo's petulance has been mind-boggling. the guy must have some serious ego issues.

He'll probably come around in his late 20s, but in the mean time it's very frustrating to witness a Man Utd player acting as if the world owes him a favour...

·
Registered
675 Posts
RED MAN WALKING said:
im coming around to that way of thinking 2!
He's not worth it, United dont field ****y arrogant players like Ronaldo. He's beginning to think he's higher than the team, and before long he's gonna start thinking he's higher than fergie himself !

he can leave at the end of this season for all i care, if Madrid drool over him so much let them have him ! just be prepared to cough up 70 - 80 mill for him and i'll be a happy chap :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
The Times: The Portugal winger had frantic claims for a penalty waved away on the stroke of half-time when Emmanuel Pogatetz appeared to grab him by the throat.

Setanta: Emanuel Pogatetz wrestled Ronaldo to the ground but escaped a penalty award.

The MEN: ON a night when there was so much talk of burying the hatchet, all that mattered to United was the shot that Dimitar Berbatov buried into the back of the net. And that’s saying something considering Emanuel Pogatetz seemed more interested in burying his fist in Cristiano Ronaldo’s throat.

The Mirror: Ronaldo spent much of his walk to the tunnel complaining to referee Martin Atkinson he should have had a penalty after being grappled to the ground by Pogatetz at a corner right on the whistle but the official was unmoved.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I can understand why he was annoyed last night. After all, Pogatetz had no intention of playing the ball and just wanted to throttle him.

But he probably should have just walked off the pitch and let it pass. I'm getting increasingly annoyed with his behaviour and attitude. He didn't look too happy to come off, but that's no big deal in my book.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Sell Ronaldo ! That will be a huge mistake.

The referee was very bad, I don't know if you guys have seen the tackle made on Wayne Rooney. That was a straight red !

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
martinutd said:
Almost the size of manchester
if not bigger:mad:

im seriously getting frustrated at him hes kickin out at players way too much i think thats his 5th time this season! if he thinks he owns football **** him sell him to madrid get 70 mill sign ribery young benzema or some top quailty players who will want to play fir the club and not for themselfs!

he hasnt played well this season and hes still got what is it 8 goals? not bad really but if hes going to run the risk of a red card evrey 2nd game for something stupid as kicking out he should be droped till he learns his lesson! this is manchester united not ronaldo united

·
Registered
139 Posts
cantos red army said:
if not bigger:mad:

im seriously getting frustrated at him hes kickin out at players way too much i think thats his 5th time this season! if he thinks he owns football **** him sell him to madrid get 70 mill sign ribery young benzema or some top quailty players who will want to play fir the club and not for themselfs!

he hasnt played well this season and hes still got what is it 8 goals? not bad really but if hes going to run the risk of a red card evrey 2nd game for something stupid as kicking out he should be droped till he learns his lesson! this is manchester united not ronaldo united

WTF?? so its fine for wayne rooney to run round the pitch and act like a prat by stompin on other players which if doesnt run the risk of gettin sent of then i dont know what does and then he openly admits that he aint gonna change, then thats just fine is it?? coz i think that hes at more of a risk of gettin sent off at the moment! But coz its Ronaldo doin it he should be dropped till he learns his lesson - i dont think that would solve the problem anyway.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
mate the diffrence is its always been apart of waynes game i mean always since he first broke through at everton whereas with ronaldo its only crept in this season and ronaldos lashed out more times then rooney this season anyway! they both need to sort it out like

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Will ye all shut the **** up!!! have none of you realised that the reason we've been poor of late is significantly down to the fact that Ronaldo hasn't yet started to fire on all cylinders!

Last season he would have scored in the 1st 10 mins against Boro and it would have turned into a rout... this season its not happening for him, he hasnt hit form since the injury, he get booed everywhere he goes, hes not getting support from his own fans... and unlike last year he hasnt been able to let his football do the talking... hes getting v frustrated, but its a matter of time before instead of getting caught up in as many tackles and kicks, he'll be leaving these guys for dust, banging in goals and he'll be so pleased he wont care about nobody's like Pogatetz giving him ****!

You all have very short memories! bet you'll all forget his poor run of form when he's banging goals in over the 2nd half of the season! I feel sick reading some of the ***** posted here!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
So far this season we have had

1. Walking down the tunnel at Villa and pointing to fans telling them he is number 1 .

2. A bizarre walk off at Old trafford claiming to be injured not allowing time for the bench to ready a sub .

3. A kick at a Villareal play in spain .

4. A kick at Phil Bardsley

5. A kick at Michael Dawson

6. A kick at a stoke player called wilkinson

7. A pathetic half time tantrum vs Middlesborough where not one United player backed him up .

This is the sign of man who has lost the plot add to that the huge loss of form of late and what do we have .

A player which in my eyes , note I said my eyes , is unhappy with his situation and lets look at the reasons why .

1. Clear lack of respect towards and from his team mates

2. Has'nt won back the fans as easily as he thought he would .

3. Doesnt like living in Manchester

4. Has acheived everything in England and he wants a new challange

5. His EGO has gone into overdrive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all Ronaldo's head is so far up his own arse at the moment Fergie needs to kick him out of the club .

Bring in Ribery and Benzema !!!

Go on people attack me now !!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts