Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That's going to help his whinging pretty boy image. :rolleyes:

Moving to a new country and leaving your family behind is hard but the media will portray him as weak.

·
23,699 Posts
That's going to help his whinging pretty boy image. :rolleyes:

Moving to a new country and leaving your family behind is hard but the media will portray him as weak.
He WAS weak and BRAVELY admitted his PAST frailties. :thumbsup: :whistling:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
That's a very good interview especially the part in which he said that its nonsense trying to stop United by only stopping Ronaldo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Missing your family is a sign of weakness? :huh: very few 'strong' people in this world then...
Yeah any1 who says being homesick is a weakness is talking nonsense!! it had to have been tough for him as a young lad leaving his family behind, remember he didnt speak the language etc... it was a good bit easier for Nani and Anderson to do the same thing , they had their mate Ronaldo already there to help them out...

Hey if he's weak Nemanja admitted to the same when he started out at united... and he'll f-ing murder ya!!!

its definitely tough, dont judge some1 till you have to go through the same experience... i've done it and it is tough... and any1 who pulls through the early difficulties is in fact v strong!

Good stuff Ronaldo, sign yourself a new contract!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Yeah any1 who says being homesick is a weakness is talking nonsense!! it had to have been tough for him as a young lad leaving his family behind, remember he didnt speak the language etc... it was a good bit easier for Nani and Anderson to do the same thing , they had their mate Ronaldo already there to help them out...

Hey if he's weak Nemanja admitted to the same when he started out at united... and he'll f-ing murder ya!!!

its definitely tough, dont judge some1 till you have to go through the same experience... i've done it and it is tough... and any1 who pulls through the early difficulties is in fact v strong!

Good stuff Ronaldo, sign yourself a new contract!
well i wouldnt say anderson was a mate, nani yeh but anderson only got to know ronny after he had joined, the only similarities bieng the both speak portugese .

musta bin hard joining at the age of 18 from a not so big club to the biggest club in the world playin alongside the likes of RVN and ferdinand. and what a job he has done for us, sorry but in my opinion, the premier league and champs league titles last year were all down to ronaldo. even if he did miss THAT penalty. this year its more of a team job with lots of different scorers. was delighted to see ronny score so much last year and hope in the next season that he recaptures that form and leaves everyone else in his wake

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Homesickness isn't a sign of weakness and I fully understand why he was upset. I was the same when I went on a school trip to France, never mind leaving the country permanently!!! However, admitting he cried about it doesn't do much for his image.

The media and opposition fans keep saying that on the pitch he is always acting like a petulant child. What do you think they will make of the lad crying because he misses his mummy? :rolleyes:

Basically, they're going to take the p***!!!

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Homesickness isn't a sign of weakness and I fully understand why he was upset. I was the same when I went on a school trip to France, never mind leaving the country permanently!!! However, admitting he cried about it doesn't do much for his image.

The media and opposition fans keep saying that on the pitch he is always acting like a petulant child. What do you think they will make of the lad crying because he misses his mummy? :rolleyes:

Basically, they're going to take the p***!!!
agreed, for god sakes the guy was 18, still just a kid.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Well no matter what Ronaldo says, the media are gonna twist his words and make out all these negative things about him. He's said it himself before that everyone is waiting for Cristiano to make a little mistake and then it's blown out of proportion..
Ronaldo has had it tough, leaving his family when he was 11, then moving to England when he was 18 and not able to speak a word of english..
Also his Father passing away, false allegations made against him and all that rubbish from the World Cup, where afterwards he was getting death threats etc.
Then Ronaldo steps out on the pitch every week and gets clattered by his opponents throughout the game, and people consistently criticise him over going down to easy etc.
In my opinion Ronaldo is not weak at all, considering what he's had to go through!!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
well i wouldnt say anderson was a mate, nani yeh but anderson only got to know ronny after he had joined, the only similarities bieng the both speak portugese .
Not only that, anderson came from porto, after just 1 year there, while nani probably spent time with ronaldo back at the Academy, when they we're both in the youth teams.

musta bin hard joining at the age of 18 from a not so big club to the biggest club in the world playin alongside the likes of RVN and ferdinand...
:fyou::fyou::mf_tongue:

Anyways, Ronaldo is greatly connected to his family, he said in a similar interview, way back when he started playing for our 1st team, that he cried himself to sleep during his 1st week here. He was 12 or 13 at the time, and it was his 1st time away from his family, and it's different, coming from the islands, they're much more tight with each other.

Also, I'm not surprised he cried when he got there... Must have been the most freakin' cold he'd ever been :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts