Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cristiano Ronaldo admits his three-match suspension and temporary inability to contribute to United's season has left him frustrated.

Sent off at Portsmouth for an altercation with Richard Hughes, the Portuguese winger served the first part of his three-game ban as United slipped to defeat at Manchester City on Sunday.

And with the champions currently holding just two points from the opening three games of the season, Ronaldo is itching to lend a hand.

"I'm feeling sad not being able to play for United and it is so frustrating, particularly when we are not able to win right now," he is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.

Although unable to resume action until the Reds' visit to Everton on September 15, Ronaldo is confident that his team-mates can get back to winning ways in his absence.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
In fairness he probably deserved to be sent off. He flicked his head towards Hughes' face so he had to go. Hopefully he will learn from this and never do it again. He has to realise that he will always be picked on.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You also have to remember, this isn't the first time Ron has been in trouble because he let things get to his head.

He's still a kid and has to learn to control himself, no matter how frustrating things get.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think it was one of those borderline calls. If there hadn't be a big mob at the same time, he might've got lucky with a yellow if the ref took into consideration how back and forth they were going at it...

But because such an uproar happened, I think it became "more serious" than it actually was *shrugs*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts