Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports from England suggest that Manchester United expect Cristiano Ronaldo to start for them this coming season. The bad news for Red Devils fans, however, is that the Carlos Queiroz to Portugal rumours have gained added credence.

Sky Sports News claims that Carlos Queiroz believes it is up to Manchester United and the Portuguese Football Federation to resolve his future. He is among the leading contenders to take up the role and he was even spotted at a Portuguese airport fuelling even more speculation that he is to leave M16.

Carlos Queiroz told Sky Sports: “Manchester United fans are the best fans in the world.†When quizzed where he expects Ronaldo to play his club football in 2008-09 the Mozambique-born, Red Devils assistant said: “I have no doubts he will be at Manchester next season.â€

Jose Luis Lopez Serrano attended a conference for European clubs in Switzerland in the place of Ramon Calderon, with David Gill also present. He said: “There are no problems with Manchester United, everything is okay between the two clubs… I can say nothing though [regarding progress in a possible Ronaldo transfer] but we always like the best players.â€

Sky Sports also stated that David Gill mentioned off camera that Ronaldo is staying with the Old Trafford club. The future of Carlos Queiroz, however, is much less certain.

Pre season training began today for most of the United squad, however there was a notable absence from Ronaldo. However, Rooney, Ferdinand, and Tevez were all filmed taking part in light training.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=767405

·
Registered
550 Posts
Most national managers don't stay for too long. Why would Queiroz throw away the chance to be the next United manager for the Portugese national team?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
Why would Queiroz throw away the chance to be the next United manager for the Portugese national team?
Because its a chance, not a guarantee.

I always said that the Portgual job would be the only job Queiroz would leave for.

In all honesty, I would rather the story was "Queiroz stays and Ronaldo goes" but its been obvious for a while that Queiroz was going and Ronaldo was staying. But I won't go into that again :p

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
"In all honesty, I would rather the story was "Queiroz stays and Ronaldo goes"

^ what i was thinking.

we'll miss his coaching, his scouting talent and transfer links. as well as his relationship with ronaldo, which could be important if we wanted to keep him next season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts