Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From 365:

Cristiano Ronaldo says he will not be satisfied with just winning the Premier League this season - he wants to lift the Champions League as well.

Ronaldo was the inspiration behind United's title success last term and collected another winners' medal at Wembley as the Red Devils edged out Chelsea in the Community Shield.

But the 22-year-old Portugal star is expecting much more meaningful silverware this term, with United needing to go a couple of steps further than their appearance in the Champions League semi-finals last term.

"Our team is stronger than it was last year," Ronaldo said.

"It is always difficult to win the Premier League but we have bought four great players so we don't just want to win the league, we want the Champions League as well."

Ronaldo declared himself satisfied with United's performance on Sunday, even though he accepts neither side were at top form.

With split squads being sent to Glentoran and Dunfermline this week, the Old Trafford outfit will get just one more run out before Sunday's opening game against Reading.

However, Ronaldo believes the next seven days can bring about a sharp improvement, especially as Ferguson could have some of his new boys available.

Countryman Nani came off the bench on Sunday while Owen Hargreaves and Carlos Tevez could also face the Royals, while Anderson may also figure if he can shrug off a slight hamstring strain.

"They are all great players," Ronaldo added.

"I am looking forward to playing with all of them because I am sure they will help the team a lot. "We have seven days to prepare now before the serious games start. "We are not at 100% yet but at least we have started off the way we wanted."

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Ronaldo strikes me as a very ambitious peron. I hope we continue to be successful because if he believes that we cannot fulfil his ambitions i.e. win the Champions League then I think he will go elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts