Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ronaldo....love him or hate him off the pitch on it the guy is a sensation, but i still have a nasty feeling we are just being played this season for fools.

it is clear to anyone where his head and heart are, and it isn't in rainy manchester. are we being taken for fools, every week i see stories of him becoming more frustrated at the way he gets treated in the english game with harsh tackles, rough treatment, temas doubling up on him so he cannot express himself- ******** mate.

you are the best player in the world you have to expect, deal with and overcome this- not fall victim to it every week as you now seem to be- in fact i think it is all a ploy so come the end of the season you can saunter of to spain crying and protesting how the english game kicked you out- do you think we will not remember last summers nonsense.

great players before you , i remember platini for instance having the exact same problem to deal with with juve in italy when he became the worlds greatest player of the moment , he knuyckled down and dealt with the harsh treatment etc, and why did he overcome it- because he was committed to juve and staying in italy - thats why.

the frustration, explosions of temper etc from ronaldo etc are indicative now of a man planning his exit strategy, not a player loyal to united. i NEVER expected him to repeat the feats of last season and when he is on his game he is fantastic, the guy has my total support on that pitch, but increasingly i feel like i'm being played for a fool and supporting a guy who doesn't deserve it.

can anyone argue against any of these points- aren't we just being played for fools and treated like idiots? if we are isn't he just letting us down each week...except of course the weeks he gets an easy ride?

isn't this now just all a game with one end result come the summer??? sorry for going over old ground but i feel we are really being taken for a ride now with one end result.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
Im already prepared to see him leave in the summer, to be honest...
i think that's the general feeling. i'm now starting to worry about the fee we will get for him. last year, there were noises of £70m. i even read in marca that it would be £70m + ramos, sneijder and robinho. but in the economic climate and with ronaldo having a year less on his contract and a comparatively poor season (not that we didn't expect that) will his value plummet. so maybe a measly :eek:£30m?
when he's in red on the pitch, i'll sing his name in the vain hope that he will come to his senses and realise how good he's got it. i don't get the same edge of the seat feeling when he's on the ball anymore.
yet he's still joint second top scorer in the league and has 18 for us this term. he might yet hit 30, so for that reason i'll urge him on when he's on the pitch, but come the end of the season, whether it ends with 5 trophies or just the 2 that we already have, i won't be surprised to see him off.
to be fair, i do actually really respect the way he had conducted himself in his upbringing, which was very difficult and led him to move away from his family at about 12 years of age, so if anything, i'd say well done, thank you and good luck. and i'm fully expecting that to be the case come july

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I think he will stay but if he doesnt i hope we get top dollar for him , i think we missed the boat on this one we could have got 80 or 90 million last year and now it will be about 45.
you just never know he might surprise everyone and stay another year , i think its dependent on how we do in the champions league , if we win it why would he want to leave the back to back champions of europe

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
ronaldo....love him or hate him off the pitch on it the guy is a sensation, but i still have a nasty feeling we are just being played this season for fools.

it is clear to anyone where his head and heart are, and it isn't in rainy manchester. are we being taken for fools, every week i see stories of him becoming more frustrated at the way he gets treated in the english game with harsh tackles, rough treatment, temas doubling up on him so he cannot express himself- ******** mate.

you are the best player in the world you have to expect, deal with and overcome this- not fall victim to it every week as you now seem to be- in fact i think it is all a ploy so come the end of the season you can saunter of to spain crying and protesting how the english game kicked you out- do you think we will not remember last summers nonsense.

great players before you , i remember platini for instance having the exact same problem to deal with with juve in italy when he became the worlds greatest player of the moment , he knuyckled down and dealt with the harsh treatment etc, and why did he overcome it- because he was committed to juve and staying in italy - thats why.

the frustration, explosions of temper etc from ronaldo etc are indicative now of a man planning his exit strategy, not a player loyal to united. i NEVER expected him to repeat the feats of last season and when he is on his game he is fantastic, the guy has my total support on that pitch, but increasingly i feel like i'm being played for a fool and supporting a guy who doesn't deserve it.

can anyone argue against any of these points- aren't we just being played for fools and treated like idiots? if we are isn't he just letting us down each week...except of course the weeks he gets an easy ride?

isn't this now just all a game with one end result come the summer??? sorry for going over old ground but i feel we are really being taken for a ride now with one end result.
Great post! :thumbsup:

Im already prepared to see him leave in the summer, to be honest...

I was prepared last Summer.

At the start of the season, I was very critical and watched his body language very closely. I began to think maybe he would stay, but since he subbed himself against Sunderland in an act of cowardness from playing badly and not having things his own way, I said to my brother, he's walking away from Utd, and I still feel he will in the Summer.

I could well see him leaving this Summer. Thing I'm very interested in is the reaction to him leaving (He will leave at some stage) Will it be the a la Ruud feelings of mutual respect and appreciation for what he did for us? Or will it be the traitor views expressed over the **** who wanted to head to Merseyside?

Whilst his footballing skills and abilities are top drawer, his petulance and arrogance has him shining in a different light in my eyes.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
No, I do not think that Fergie would even dream of selling Cristiano for anything less than 60million. If he did, it would be plain stupid. His marketing value and performances as a player make him worth up to about 85-100 million. I think Real would easily recoup that in 3-4 seasons, if even less. However, Fergie has messed up in situations like this before. Particularly the Beckham situation. We got 25 million for him. And then days after the deal, a Real representative said that the board had agreed to pay up to 45 million between them... I am slightly worried though that we could lose him for a significantly smaller fee and that would be an absolute disaster in my eyes.... We need to be able to buy two players to replace him. Ideally Benzema/Aguero/Ibra and Young/Ribery. So, basically 35 on a striker and 20-25 on a winger. So 60+ would be certainly required from the Ronaldo deal....

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
No, I do not think that Fergie would even dream of selling Cristiano for anything less than 60million. If he did, it would be plain stupid. His marketing value and performances as a player make him worth up to about 85-100 million. I think Real would easily recoup that in 3-4 seasons, if even less. However, Fergie has messed up in situations like this before. Particularly the Beckham situation. We got 25 million for him. And then days after the deal, a Real representative said that the board had agreed to pay up to 45 million between them... I am slightly worried though that we could lose him for a significantly smaller fee and that would be an absolute disaster in my eyes.... We need to be able to buy two players to replace him. Ideally Benzema/Aguero/Ibra and Young/Ribery. So, basically 35 on a striker and 20-25 on a winger. So 60+ would be certainly required from the Ronaldo deal....
yeah, i agree, fergie missed a trick with beckham. i even remember real coming out a couple of days after the deal saying that they had already recouped all the transfer fee in merchandise. hopefully, he's learned his lesson this time, because he certainly seems to see real as the evil enemy, and i hope that forces him to push his prices up.

ps. ibra? he really flattered to deceive against us and has never scored after the group stages in the champions league. i think he's massively overrated and would hate to see him at united :eek::rolleyes: but that's just me.
i agree though in general terms

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
yeah, i agree, fergie missed a trick with beckham. i even remember real coming out a couple of days after the deal saying that they had already recouped all the transfer fee in merchandise. hopefully, he's learned his lesson this time, because he certainly seems to see real as the evil enemy, and i hope that forces him to push his prices up.

ps. ibra? he really flattered to deceive against us and has never scored after the group stages in the champions league. i think he's massively overrated and would hate to see him at united :eek::rolleyes: but that's just me.
i agree though in general terms
I agree Ibra has been very very hot and cold against the big teams, but so too has Ronaldo... I think he just needs a strong influence in charge of him and then he would be the one of the best in the world.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Disagree all you want, as much as you`re sure that he`ll leave this Summer, i`m sure as well that he`ll stay.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm content for him to go this summer now. For £60m we could get a world class winger on either side, who would have their head at our club fighting for the cause.

Ronaldo hasn't had his head in the right place since Madrid, the club he loved as a child, wanted him. He's been truly great for us, but I think the time has come to part with him. His attitude is unhealthy to have in the squad, especially fron such an influential player.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
If by any chance he is going to leave , fergie should get his signings in first before selling.
Otherwise the prices will go up even more than they usually do ,as everyone will know how much we got for ronny

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i will just quote myself my thoughts on Ronaldo from another thread......

i haven't read much of the recent replies to this thread but is anyone else thinking he is looking resigned to fading away, and possibly leaving?! I dont want to start all the "will he or wont he go" stuff but watching this season,but more specifically yesterday.
Personally i think he was lucky to stay on(Fulham). He was at the referee from start until finish.
He was getting frustrated at the lack of protection, the referee but also his own team mates, plus he was lashing out.

Is Ronaldo looking for excuses to leave then?
I don't know but he has lashed out half a dozen times this season that i recall and it does not look good for the player or his tempriment.
I for one am sick of him flapping his arms around like a right burk. Get on with the game its not a soap your in, its real flipping life.)

I for one used to love it when he used to battle up against defenders and pele esq they hacked him down.....sometimes he would maybe take a dive(typical foreigner) but other times he would get up, and smash in a free kick or ride the challenge.

His actual performances haven't been as bad as most have said this season, even yesterday(Fulham) he was dangerous on numerous occasions. Its not the football side of Ronaldo's game im worried for really, it's the fact that he seems to have no fight.
So is it just me then!??

anyway im rambling now so i will end it there.....
(Although im sure i saw rooney go down VERY easily yesterday which i blame ronaldo for-its crept into rooney's game a few times now and i dont like it.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
The situation at Real though is a bit messy with president's, managers, etc... So

1. He may not be on their shortlist
2. Resession may affect them
3. They aren't sure of Ramos

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The situation at Real though is a bit messy with president's, managers, etc... So

1. He may not be on their shortlist He will be on their shortlist
2. Resession may affect them Resession won't affect Perez
3. They aren't sure of Ramos It doesn't matter who is manager they will want the world player of the year!
:huh:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I reckon if Madrid come knocking with a big offer it probably will get accepted.

I could genuinely see him at Madrid. With Ronaldo & Robben they could win La Liga.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I reckon if Madrid come knocking with a big offer it probably will get accepted.

I could genuinely see him at Madrid. With Ronaldo & Robben they could win La Liga.
They might win la liga but the bindippers crucified them even if they had ronaldo in that team it would not have made any difference, that game should be an eye opener to ronaldo he is already playiing in the best league in the world and probably the biggest club in the world (being biased of course)

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
that game should be an eye opener to ronaldo he is already playiing in the best league in the world and probably the biggest club in the world (being biased of course)
that's the rational argument. why would he have any intention of leaving the european champions, the world champions and the winners of the best league in the world.
i just think he's irrational enough to believe that he would turn up there and all of a sudden real would be world beaters

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I dont give a damn if he want to leave or want to stay anymore...i dont even care if he ended up leaving...he probably the only man utd player so far that i didnt bother to try and worry about his future.

Whats new with him wanting to leave?? We all already knew that since i dont even remember when but tbh i think that desire of him has NOTHING to do with his performance this season. Why? Because even last season before he even do well and won the World player of the year award, he already make it known of his CHILDHOOD dream of wanting to play in spain.

Yes he moaned, yes his petulance is getting worst and his performance level so called drop but since when has Ronaldo not moan? Name me one season he play without being petulant. In my view, Ronaldo this season didnt do badly at all. It is only that last season he did spectacularly well and a season that will be very difficult for him to repeat what more after all these Madrid rumours and how close he was to leaving, it is too coincidence thus it make us think the way we think right now. He might not score as much as he did last season and his free kicks sucks but does anyone notice he tracked back as much if not more than he did last season? He scored 18 goals so far playing as a winger more often than last season now with berbatov arrival and he created chances just as many if not more than last season and to me that is still good enough for a winger.

As for his non stop complaining, already last season he got as many stick and foul along the way so why should he being the World Best Player and Man Utd most dangerous player now, shouldn’t? Maybe if we try to put aside his performance last season and try to look at the amount of fouls he gets compared to other players in the united team, we might understand him more. Not saying he has the right to complaint thou but more to he have a reason to.

Im not backing him up, but I seriously doubt his performance reflects his desire to leave. He wanting to leave, that will not changed no matter how much he denies it now and Im all set to let him go if sir alex decided to. And no, there is nothing stupid about us fans giving him the support even after all that he’s done, as long as he is still wearing the united shirt, that’s what our responsibility is and that’s what we are here for. We are stupid if we are going to boo him or not giving him the support now cause it is not proven yet that he will end up leaving. We are just doing what we are suppose to do as fans…and if its true he do end up leaving, then he is the stupid one not us.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts