Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Keano! said:
I get plenty of stick on here for my own opinion on this chap. The constant stupid
answer I get is...42 goals last season...scored most this season...blah blah blah

He was crap throughout today's game...only "good" thing he did was take a short
free for Rooney to hit. Other then that he was a waster...

Second half...gets a knock, which TBH, looked rather heavy, and understandably
sore...but being Ronaldo, you'd think he'd been shot with a double-barrel
shotgun in the side. So he goes to the touchline, crying...

...comes back on, things look grand...think he had a few touches...then gets the
ball on the wing, and Rafael was bombing along the line beside him...Ronaldo
turns but misplaces his pass, as neither Ronaldo or Rafael were on the same
wavelength...

...so how do you cover up your blatant error, which is no crime...anyone can
misplace a ball, instead...act as if you were kicking the ball out of play, clutch your
side, start crying almost, and start going to the tunnel, telling Fergie to take him
off. He walks off the pitch and down the tunnel...

....so he basically has **** all wrong with him, maybe a slight bruise, but there's
players out there who play through all sorts of injuries. Dean Whitehead of
Sunderland was injured, yet battled on until he couldn't manage and then left the
field like a professional.

I'll be very disappointed in Ferguson if he defends Ronaldo for his childish antics.
There was no excuse. IF, that's IF he really injured, which I highly doubt he is,
after all he wasn't injured last time as he played in Villareal when everyone was
expecting him to be out...ha.....then leave the field properly, let the management
know and wait till they're ready...don't desert your team and walk off like a child
who didn't get the toy he wanted in the toy store....

All he was thinking about IMO, was that stupid award he got, which has inflated
his head even further...he'll be as happy as Larry collecting it tomorrow.

I said this in the other thread, but if a player walks out on his own team, then he
doesn't deserve to be at United and he's a disgrace to the number 7 shirt, after
wonderful players honoured it before him...

...I just can't get over how disrespectful his actions were to Sir Alex, who has
jumped to his defence on so many occasions...way to show your appreciation....

I maybe wrong, but I think I recall hearing boos for him when he decided to go
walkies...

I'll stop there....and wait for the incoming Keano! bashing posts...which you are
entitled to, but if you want to see someone like that play for United, then fair
dues to you...I however have more of an opinion on players who think they're
bigger then the club...

Goodness me. Your longest posts are always reserved for Ronaldo plus wide spacings between paragraphs which may have suggested the ferocity in which you hit the keyboards and thus reveals your strong emotions in this topic proper. :D

But strangely, I am always gentle with you on this. :eek: :p

·
23,699 Posts
premiershiplatest

Man United Boss Ferguson Agrees With Ronaldo Walkout, Hints At Changes

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will assess Cristiano Ronaldo fitness on Monday morning after the Portuguese winger picked up a nasty knock on the hip in Saturday's 1-0 victory against Sunderland at Old Trafford.

The 23-year-old, who was earlier this week crowned Ballon d'Or winner, suffered a painful blow in the middle of the second half under a heavy impact from Sunderland midfielder Andy Reid. He immediately signalled for substitution and left the pitch for treatment.

Ferguson said: "There was no need for Cristiano to come to the bench, though. The best thing is to get treatment straightaway. It was the sensible thing to do."

Explaining the gravity of the situation, he added: "Cristiano had a kick on the hip. Wayne Rooney had something similar last season and it can be very painful.

"We'll see how he is on Monday morning, but we have Aalborg at home in the Champions League on Wednesday and Spurs at the weekend, so we will freshen it up.â€

·
23,699 Posts
dj_poms said:
all those who dislike ronaldo are just not true man utd fans !!
Totally disagree.

Yes, when he is on the pitch wearing our colours, we should all support and never jeer him but off the pitch, it is another matter altogether.

We are all United fans, but not necessarily Ronaldo's fan or <insert player>'s fan. And some of us are Messi's fan but not Barca fans. They are not mutually inclusive.

On a similar note, I loved my late father but I never really liked him.

·
23,699 Posts
dj_poms said:
similarly may be u loved united ; but never really love it (especially when the team lose and the first thing to do is blasting frustration on players like carrick ; oshea ; fletcher ; neville ; park)

start thinking like SAF ; he is the manager ; and he is supporting ronaldo both on and off the pitch !!

i bet u r jealous of his ballon dor too ; may be u would have voted for messi or torres !!
You must be new here.

I do lament, moan and bitch a bit but I don't think I have ever gone out of my way to slag any player continually or to become biased no matter how he performs thereafter, or scream for an outright sale.

And I do it per match basis based on what I see and then move on. Most of us do too.

I don't wish to repeat my points here that have been posted in this forum before. But I do suspect what you highlighted really applies to yourself:

That you really love the players more than the Club
, such that even when the Club's ambitions suffered due to some players' non-performance or some players' off-the-pitch antics embarrassed the Club etc, your priority, loyalty and concerns seem to favour the players so overwhelmingly over the Club that any criticisms of them are twistedly labelled as lack of love for the Club (??!).

I often thought our loyalty, priority and concerns should always be with the Club over the players but strangely enough, it often goes the other way round.

·
23,699 Posts
red devil jeff said:
Good and pragmatic post.

At the end of the day and above all....

Players come and go for different reasons and under different circumstances; sold like a meat or not, retire gracefully or not.

It is only the Club that will prevail and its interests have to be defended at all costs at all time.

Only the best and the most willing should be playing for us. Sentiments are only good for non-competitive activities.

·
23,699 Posts
dj_poms said:
i love the club ; the manager ; the staffs , the players everything that is related to united ; its history but people like u ; anti- united player make me disgust in a way. y dont u go n cheer for the scousers instead and stop personal attacks on ronaldo so long as he wear the united shirt!!

Me anti-United player?! Me launched personal attacks on Ronaldo?!

You are talking up your arse mate. I don't see how you could infer that from my posts in this thread alone.

If you are new here, take a look around first. Get to know the different opinions and various stand on issues of members here first before jumping to conclusions like a pre-puberty teenager.

·
23,699 Posts
-zuco- said:
It's not like you to lose your cool Versa :p

You're talking to yourself anyway, he was banned earlier ;)
He asked me to support the Scousers! :mad: :D

Oh... what else did he do to be banned?

·
23,699 Posts
Great intelligent poster Sporting. :)

Btw are you a pure Sporting fan or a bit on United too? If you have ever mentioned, I must have missed that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts