Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
What Ronaldo did tonight were the actions of a spoilt, unadulterated diva. Anyone who tries to mitigate his actions tonight is simply defending the indefensible.i thought he was selfish premadonna before tonight but it was just outrageous walking off the pitch without taking any account for his teammates. I have got kicked in the ribs manys a time in a game but played on no problem and certainly would not have kicked the ball out of play in a promising united move.

this is just the latest in a series of incidents that show his spirit is not in tandem with the rest of the team. He walked off against villa after two innocuous tackles claiming he was injured, the silly handling of the ball against city. I could go on

I normally am a person who gives the benefit of the doubt to people and see individuals in a positive light. But I have ran out of patience with this fraud and I cant believe more contributors to this forum don't wake up and realise that behind all the hype, this chap is not a great player because for him the team doesnt matter its his personal gratfication is all that matters and if thats not satisfied he behaves like he did tonight-like an overindulged child.

If its not Fergie that has a go at him then it will be his teammates and if he doesnt learn his lesson and continues in this demeanour well it would be best for team morale if he was shipped off to Madrid as nobody is bigger than the club ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
United_OG said:
Was dissapointed to see him walk off the park like he did, but what can you do? Ronaldo seems like the type of guy who is highly frustrated right now. He did not perform well today and does not have the support of the crowd like he did last season even though he is by far our best player. It just shows people still have not fully got over what he did last season but sometimes his actions do not help. However he is still our top scorer and assist maker this season i think and thats without looking fully fit still.

As for how anyone can question whether he is a great player or not is laughable...yes everyone is entitled to there own opinion but u dont achieve what ronaldo has done in his career by the age of 23 if you are not a great player.He takes more knocks than anyone else on the pitch and sometimes he gets frustrated and annoys us all but nobody can question his desire to win and perform when he is on the pitch.

By the way, keano, he did not misplace a pass to rafa when he came off, he tried running and apparently he felt pain and decided to kick the ball out of play. lol...not justifying it, just letting you know with your constant ronaldo outbursts....haha

Anyway he was poor today but anyone questioning his ability is having a laugh imo.

pz
well ogie I was about to start my reply by saying your love affair with ronaldo continues in earnest but then I doscovered I actually gave him a higher rating than you did lol so you surprised me there. however I have to fundamentally disagree with your concept of what a great player is. A great player actually performs consistently in the big games something Ronaldo has failed to do against the likes of chelsea,arsenal liverpool bracelona etc. He may have chipped in with the odd assist and goal however his overall contribution has been negligible. Great players don't give the ball away regularly for insrtance like he does. As regards saying he is by far our best player that comment is simply laughable. Okay he got 42 goals but you cannot simply gauge a player's worth by that. What about Vidic/Ferdinand's immaculate defending, Evra's barnstorming runs down the wing, Scholes's midfield generalship, rooney's workrate and genius. To say ronaldo is by far our best player is simply insulting to their continued excellence for man united.

what they do not lack is commitment to the cause either which this season Ronaldo has appeared ambivalent about. I see rthis morning united are offering €150k per week is just nauseating in these recessionary times.:eek:

p.s please reply this time as you have been shying away of late. By the way i've said it to you before but the third person possessive plural is "their" not "there". I thought you had a third level education:p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts