Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
red dave said:
Sold to devel
Devil actually ;)

Why is that whatever he does becomes an eyesore for most people? This country is obsessed with Ronaldo. Why should he leave the pitch without any reason? Because he loves Madrid? Give me break. Is the concept of injuries too hard to comprehend? He isn't the type of player whose desire is to stop playing when his team aren't winning. Seriously, give the lad a break.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Keano! said:
I don;t have a medical degree...I don't have psychic powers either at least I don't think I do..

But based on my knowledge of previous games and such....he's as fit as a fiddle now, laughing and joking. He'll be smiling collecting his award tomorrow, and be playing at WHL next week....

Haha! Fair enough...:p..........

May i remind you that this is the guy who went through the pain and played for us a large chunk of last season with an ankle injury and scored 42 goals in the process.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Keano! said:
Really showed his maturity and strength today...:rolleyes:..
Oh, so if he can show his maturity and strength the whole of last season, why didn't he show it today? The answer is simple, because you hate him. You'll always take things concerning Ronaldo in a negative manner.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I don't all this talk about loyalty. Loyalty and loyal players who stick by the club through thick and thin are a rarity. The club pays a player to perform. If he doesn't perform well, then the fans are entitled to voice their concern.

But lets consider a player who did what he was told to, performed well and justified his wages and the money spent by by the fans in supporting him. After years of service to the club, he decides to seek a new challenge. Do we have a right to blame him for that? Why are we expecting him to stay with us forever?

Lets not forget that loyalty is a two way bridge. If a player shows loyalty towards the club and the fans, isn't he entitled to expect the same in return? So how many of us, who cries foul when a player doesn't show loyalty, shows loyalty in return?

Lets take the case of Silvestre, he was a loyal to us, stood by the club even when he lost his first team place. This season, he was unceremoniously sold to Arsenal. How many of us cared? None. Why? Because we felt he wasn't good enough. Lets take the case of players like Giggs and Neville. They are the very embodiment of loyalty. But how many of said things like "Neville is finished" and "Giggs should retire"? A lot. Why? Because loyal or not, their performances wasn't acceptable to us.

My point is, when a player plays well, we cheer for him. If he doesn't he will be sold like a piece of meat like Roy Keane said. Where is the loyalty from our part? Aren't we hypocrites in demanding loyalty from a player when we don't show an ounce of it?

Lets say Ronaldo despite his dreams of playing in Spain decides to show loyalty and stays with the club. After a couple of years, he gets a serious injury. He is no longer the old Ronaldo, but a mere shadow of his former self. He is then replaced by some hot shot winger. Will we shed a tear for him? Will we return the loyalty he's shown to us? I don't think so.

There's no place for loyalty in the modern game imo. It's all about performances. If you play well, you are adored by the fans. If you don't, the same fans are going to boo you.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
red dave said:
antdevil good point but he loved united ronaldo doesnt and you will be eating your words come may when he again asks to leave the club !

We are expecting Ronaldo a foreign born player to 'love the club like we do' and to 'play with his heart on his sleeves' etc. Let me ask you how many players in United are true United fans at heart?

Lets look a Tevez. This is the guy who told the press that he'd like to play in Spain some day. This is the guy who told us that he'd like to Play for Boca (his first love) before his peak passes (27-28 maybe?). I don't remember any fan giving Tevez a hard time for his supposed 'lack of loyalty'.

Imo, the only players in United are true United fans at heart are Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher and Paul Scholes (Oldham?)

Lets take the case of our friends in Merseyside. Steven Gerrard, a scouser, born and bred in scouse ways handed not one, but two written transfer requests when Abramovich waved his wallet. Yet what is Gerrard's status in Liverpool now? God.

So what it with Ronaldo? Why is he, a Portuguese, bred in a different cultural background expected to love United? Why is he given stick for not loving our club when half of our players are Foreigners who love a different club other than ours? Yes his actions sometimes are immature, petulant and downright irritative. But why can't we forgive and forget? After all, he IS our player.

Like i said earlier, this country is obsessed with Ronaldo. Every single thing that Ronldo does is put under the micro scope and is used against him. And this 'loyalty\ love for the club' is just another excuse to bash Ronaldo.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Keano! said:
I don't think its so much loyalty as respect...

Whether your a hardned Scouser playing for United, so long as you gave 100%
...and didn't disrespect the club...well then theres no problem IMO...

Rio Ferdinand?

When did Ronaldo not give 100% to the club? I can't remember him missing a training session nor can i remember him being accused of not taking care of his body. And if his stats can't convince you that he gives his 100% to the club, then nothing can.

Rio Ferdinand: May be he does love United but are we his first team? I don't know, West ham or Leeds maybe? Maybe i am wrong. I wasn't sure about him so i ignored him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts