Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What on earth went on with Ronaldo ?

I hope to god he was injured because what he did left us down to 10 men for about 5 minutes . I dont know if its just me but Im getting the feeling this man believe's he is playing below himself at the club and in the premier league . People know my feelings Id rather win nothing than have this man in the club I love because he's a fake . He wants out plain and simple let him go and buy another class player do it before he insults us again .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haggler said:
he had a deal on a flight to paris and didnt want to miss his plane - he needs to do some shopping before he picks up the ballon dor .

when he gets back however fergie needs to do the best bit of managing hes done in years and kick his botty royally .

i think his team mates need to get about him as well for that

Never mind them I've been to a few games this season no one sings his name do we really want to sell out soul to the devel because thats what it feels like . We play well he wants all the plaudits we play bad and he starts diving like a fool and starts giving our players dirty looks sell him I hate him.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RedForceRising said:
The problem with ronaldo is that it's hard to discern whether
it's for real or whether he's exaggerating anymore, BUT he
loves to play, so I don't think he would have stopped if he
still could have played on.

He was moving around quite sprightly for someone who was injured
though :rolleyes:

Hope fully he's only injured as badly as Edwin van der Sar was in the
match against Chelsea. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To be quite honest though, i think he probably wanted to get to the
showers earlier, so he could hit the clubs earlier or get to his date
earlier. ;)

You have sold your soul to the devel !!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
forzaunited said:
here we go again

park dint smile wen he got subbed mabey he seen a REAL MADRID shirt somewhere -.-

or mabey ronaldo got hurt? logical mind frame helps

Sold to devel

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keano! said:
I get plenty of stick on here for my own opinion on this chap. The constant stupid
answer I get is...42 goals last season...scored most this season...blah blah blah

He was crap throughout today's game...only "good" thing he did was take a short
free for Rooney to hit. Other then that he was a waster...

Second half...gets a knock, which TBH, looked rather heavy, and understandably
sore...but being Ronaldo, you'd think he'd been shot with a double-barrel
shotgun in the side. So he goes to the touchline, crying...

...comes back on, things look grand...think he had a few touches...then gets the
ball on the wing, and Rafael was bombing along the line beside him...Ronaldo
turns but misplaces his pass, as neither Ronaldo or Rafael were on the same
wavelength...

...so how do you cover up your blatant error, which is no crime...anyone can
misplace a ball, instead...act as if you were kicking the ball out of play, clutch your
side, start crying almost, and start going to the tunnel, telling Fergie to take him
off. He walks off the pitch and down the tunnel...

....so he basically has **** all wrong with him, maybe a slight bruise, but there's
players out there who play through all sorts of injuries. Dean Whitehead of
Sunderland was injured, yet battled on until he couldn't manage and then left the
field like a professional.

I'll be very disappointed in Ferguson if he defends Ronaldo for his childish antics.
There was no excuse. IF, that's IF he really injured, which I highly doubt he is,
after all he wasn't injured last time as he played in Villareal when everyone was
expecting him to be out...ha.....then leave the field properly, let the management
know and wait till they're ready...don't desert your team and walk off like a child
who didn't get the toy he wanted in the toy store....

All he was thinking about IMO, was that stupid award he got, which has inflated
his head even further...he'll be as happy as Larry collecting it tomorrow.

I said this in the other thread, but if a player walks out on his own team, then he
doesn't deserve to be at United and he's a disgrace to the number 7 shirt, after
wonderful players honoured it before him...

...I just can't get over how disrespectful his actions were to Sir Alex, who has
jumped to his defence on so many occasions...way to show your appreciation....

I maybe wrong, but I think I recall hearing boos for him when he decided to go
walkies...

I'll stop there....and wait for the incoming Keano! bashing posts...which you are
entitled to, but if you want to see someone like that play for United, then fair
dues to you...I however have more of an opinion on players who think they're
bigger then the club...

me and you mate !! keano and red dave bashing can begin now

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
As I keep saying like a lunatic

weve sold our souls to the devil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
NoxiousD said:
Shut up...

Maybe we dislike spoilt, egostistical disloyal players who disrupt the harmony of the club...

This is my thread so I can say this well done mate that guy is a idiot ronaldo is a stuck up little rat and if that guy were a true fan like many who are out there he wouldnt sing his name and he wouldnt support him for what was a poor show to his team mates .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
So basically you're saying that the player matters more to you than the jersey he wears.

Good for you, I'm sure atitudes like that really make players feel welcome...

Is Ronaldo a stuck up boy, too drunk at the moment in his own fame??
Definitely.

Is Ronaldo worthy of the praise he's receiving for his AMAZING last season??
Again, definitely.

Is Ronaldo one of the best players in the world at the moment??
Once again, definitely.

Let me tell you something. You don't know how Portugal is, and you don't know his background. Poor kid, from a poor family, who always looked to football as his way to a better life. He's on a high time now, so it's only natural for him to get drunk with it. NEVER FORGET, he's 23!! He's a kid. Give him some slack, and you'll see him come around.

And even if you don't, remember the jersey he wears. THAT, if nothing else, should earn your respect. Say what you want when/after he's gone, but until then, suport them.

Is this Ronaldo Im talking to ?

Let me tell you something Im 27 I live in a rented house I have a 5 year old daughter and I've just been made redundant lost my job that means . Yes just before christmas and another thing im from wythenshawe one of the least privalged places in England so I know hardships yes but let me tell you one thing if I had made it then I wouldnt have been like him . Rooney is from a terrible back ground and he doesnt go about buisness like ronaldo .

So take your opinion and stick it where the sun dont shine because it doesnt matter where your from or your background what matters is loyalty and honesty and the man doesnt give a sxxt about any of that .

He is still with us now because we wouldnt sell him and without doubt the man is showing signs of being unhappy . I can except diving and poor displays now and again but one thing for sure dirty looks to the likes of john oshea and fletcher and co wears thin for me on me . And running off the pitch without fighting on angers me to the man is in a world of his own and that isnt where the rest of our squad is im afraid .

Without doubt he is the best in the world I dont disagree with that fact but in the league of humanity his way down the table even below the ever loyal Drogba in my eyes and I hate him and I love my club .

So go back to lisbon and leave my club alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Blade said:
Sporting4Ever is a very good poster and as well as supporting Sporting, he also suports United. He has the right to give his opinion on Ronaldo just as you do. If you disagree with him, fine, explain why, but telling people to go back where they came from isn't very nice and can be construed as racist.

Racist behave I aint racist blade from droylsdon behave yourself and think about what your saying before you say it !:mad:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Blade said:
Read my post carefully. I said it can be "construed" as being racist.

Either way, you're stiill being abusive toward s a good member and that's not what thiis forum is about.

We're all for some disagreement every now and then, that's what gets some of the better discussion going, but insulting the man is uncalled for.

Off my case !!!!

If I offended him he will be able to take it he is man isnt he !

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
antdevil78 said:
All I can say is i am glad you fans were not around during the Best era as he would never have got the legend status he has now

antdevil good point but he loved united ronaldo doesnt and you will be eating your words come may when he again asks to leave the club !

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Blade said:
Easy tiger. I'm sure he can take it. But as a moderator I'm telling you what is and is not acceptable. Lose the attitude.

you lose you attitude Blade where you get that name ?

how do get that job anyway?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Blade said:
Somebody else picked my name from a dvd on a shelf :p

Why does it matter how I got the 'job'? I'm offering you friendly advice, nothing more.

Fair enough leave it there but im here to give my view nothing more and thats how feel about ronaldo simple as that . I pay to see players who want to play well for the team and fans not themselves and in my eyes he plays for himself .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Still believe were in a better position to replace this type of player now then ever before so I stand by my views he will ask to go and I will always hate him no matter what . Thanks what you have done ronaldo you entertained me but it ends there thanks for the memorys !!!!!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
VaVaVoom said:
If you had a gun with 2 bullets
Gerrard..... Ronaldo.....Andy Grey in a room and you had to fire the to bullets.

Where would your bullets go??
of course they would go in andy grey and gerrard

ronaldo has done alot during his time but I cant forgive him for what he has done

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
antdevil78 said:
ronaldo has been doing all what you have said since he came to the club. no-one was bothered bout it until he revealed his desire was one day to play for madrid during summer.

how dare he??? players who come to united stay at united til united no longer have a need for them.
My point !! he signed a new five year deal he asks for a transfer sell him buy a new star united should always keep there soul not sell it to a player who only thinks of himself.

Salford red can say what he wants about me to be honest im a big ronaldo knocker not for his performance for that I have no case he is a genius . But because he is a greedy traitor who waits for the end of seasons till he is abroad and he lets his agent create mayhem . Well it backfired and he is still with us and he for me in my opinion doesnt look the man of the past he looks like a player who is somewhere he doesnt want to be .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
SALFORD RED said:
Who was talking about you ? Don't flatter yourself fella.

I was talking about yesterday, which is what this thread is about, not about his antics during the summer, theres plenty of other threads talking about that as i'm sure you know.

Look I wasnt just refering to myself but when you say ronaldo knocker you are talking about me as thats what I am I guess .

Thats my point mate nothing other ;)

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
red devil jeff said:
When did Ronaldo not give 100% to the club? I can't remember him missing a training session nor can i remember him being accused of not taking care of his body. And if his stats can't convince you that he gives his 100% to the club, then nothing can.

Rio Ferdinand: May be he does love United but are we his first team? I don't know, West ham or Leeds maybe? Maybe i am wrong. I wasn't sure about him so i ignored him
I can remember him running to euro 2008 and attempting to get the hell out of the club where we sang his name like he was a god . He can stay but my point and it is mine!!!! point is that I wont sing his name and I wont like him , neither will many of the fans because the disrespect he showed was terrible thats my view and I can voice it if I like !

And you can voice yours thats why this is a forum I dont see you or anyone else less of a fan or more of a fan because everyone has there own opinion .

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
Ok, 1st of all, you clearly don't know the differences between Portugal and England, so let me tell you a few numbers:

Minimum wage in Portugal is almost a third of what it is in England (1124€ to 406€), our average growth rate in the last 8 years has been 0.6% of our GNP, against the UK's 2.8.
Despite all this, our prices are similar, and in some cases higher than those in most of the EU, so we make less and pay the same or more.

This is just to help you put thing a bit into prespective, about the differences in both our countries. As for him beeing from a poor family, and looking for football to get a better life, i can tell you that nani is even from a worse part. He comes from what passes for the Favelas in Portugal. Don't know if you know what that is, but it's basically the worst of the worse. Drugs, guns, crime, you name it, it's there. However, I think nani is smarter than Ronaldo.

Now, about your own hardships, I'm sorry about them. I hope you get back on track fast. That beeing said, i don't think you can actually know what you would do if you we're in his position. Hell, i know him a bit better than you and i don't know what i would do. Like I've said a few times here, I think he's been obssessing about this ballon d'or *****. Hopefully he'll be back to his normal self now, that it's all over.

I don't, however, credit him with great inteligence. His constant appearences in the tabloids because of his affairs are a clear indication of that. Nevertheless, I think he's smart enough to know how good his life is in Manchester, and I don't see him pushing for a Madrid move this January. Hell, i even doubt he'll go in the summer. I thought differently a few months back, but i don't think he'll do it now.

Lastly, let me stress again that he is a 23 year old boy. You said you're 27 and you have a 5 year old daughter. How was it, at 22 to have a child suddenly appear in your life? I'm sure it wasn't easy, as most people aren't prepared at that age to be parents, either mentally or financially. So these last 5 years have matured you in a way that most people never achieve shy of 30. So it's easier now to say what we would do, when we have a different, longer, and harder road behind us.

I understand why you don't like him, why you think him a spoiled brat, and, given your current situation and background, i can't say I blame you. But the fact is, he's still a Manchester United player. While that lasts, he needs the support of the fans, just like all the others.

Let me use an example from Sporting, to give you some notion of what i mean:
We sold Ricardo 2 seasons ago (Our national side goalkeeper, i think most of you brits know about him ;) ) and got a replacement, a youngster from Serbia, Stoikovic. the boy is a great keeper, and still just 20 or 21, but he's got an ego you couldn't believe. After a blunder that cost us 3 points against Porto, he was benched for a few games. He returned, and after another disastrous performance, and apparently some poor remarks about his teammates and coach, he was benched and later sidelined. So we had to put another keeper, fresh from the juniors, Rui Patrício. Last year, he was shacky, but did his best, since he was thrust into a place he didn't expect to be for a few years, starting GK in one of the biggest teams in the country. This year, he's doing a lot better, but he still faulters now and then. Now what do you think would be the effect on his moral when fans from his own club, the club he's been in since he was like 10 or 12, chant the name of that other idiot keeper when he's poorly beaten??

Like it or not, he's a player in your team, and whether you believe it or not, he does need the fans' support.

Oh, and just 2 more thoughts:
1st, I can't go back to Lisbon, since i never left it ;)
2nd, "stick it where the sun don't shine"... That would be any part in the UK, right? :D :D :D

Top man respect and let Ronaldo know how I feel and tell him if he wants my respect earn it again as he demolished what he made last time .

Thats if you know him by the way !

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
Nah, don't know him.

And don't really care to, footballers don't tend to be the most bright people around, and Ronnie always seemed to me to be at the bottom of the barrel.

I know of him, since i followed his career ever since he played in our youth teams.

I think, in that regard, Sporting comes out a bit lacking. We create great talents, but sometimes they lack a lot in maturity. Dani, Quaresma, Simão, Ronaldo, Hugo Viana, most we're too imature for their talent, and some still are.

that's why i think footballers hit their peak at 27/28, because they still have vigour and pace, they have experience and flair, but most of all, they're MEN.

This boy, let's wait and see. I think he'll start to come around now, after this Ballon D'Or bussiness. He will, if he has any brains (this still remains to be seen, since all i see from him outside the pitch is him thinking with his other head, if you know what i mean... ;) ).

could be the greatest poster I've seen . Cracking post still not got much sympthy for him though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts