Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeh thats my boy; United since he was born

Its not that we (I) hate him.Its because he's let us down. Put it this way I debated the name to go on my last shirt long and hard and chose No7 Ronaldo over No11Giggs; big regret, ive just ordered the 68 Commemorative shirt and its No11Giggs. Loyalty.....

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
StuartCroft said:
Yeh thats my boy; United since he was born
good stuff . i would not want to be upsetting a young un . your point on ryan is spot on . i remember singing none to tall underweight ryan giggs is fookin great on the stretty in the early nineties . clayton blackmore was still in the side at the time and ryan was like a blast of fresh air

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Ronaldo could get a red devil tattoed on each testicle and you would still get fans having a go at him as not true red

Players get sent off and players get injured, but using them to have a go at him not being genuine is lame

·
Registered
309 Posts
What Ronaldo did tonight were the actions of a spoilt, unadulterated diva. Anyone who tries to mitigate his actions tonight is simply defending the indefensible.i thought he was selfish premadonna before tonight but it was just outrageous walking off the pitch without taking any account for his teammates. I have got kicked in the ribs manys a time in a game but played on no problem and certainly would not have kicked the ball out of play in a promising united move.

this is just the latest in a series of incidents that show his spirit is not in tandem with the rest of the team. He walked off against villa after two innocuous tackles claiming he was injured, the silly handling of the ball against city. I could go on

I normally am a person who gives the benefit of the doubt to people and see individuals in a positive light. But I have ran out of patience with this fraud and I cant believe more contributors to this forum don't wake up and realise that behind all the hype, this chap is not a great player because for him the team doesnt matter its his personal gratfication is all that matters and if thats not satisfied he behaves like he did tonight-like an overindulged child.

If its not Fergie that has a go at him then it will be his teammates and if he doesnt learn his lesson and continues in this demeanour well it would be best for team morale if he was shipped off to Madrid as nobody is bigger than the club ;)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Was dissapointed to see him walk off the park like he did, but what can you do? Ronaldo seems like the type of guy who is highly frustrated right now. He did not perform well today and does not have the support of the crowd like he did last season even though he is by far our best player. It just shows people still have not fully got over what he did last season but sometimes his actions do not help. However he is still our top scorer and assist maker this season i think and thats without looking fully fit still.

As for how anyone can question whether he is a great player or not is laughable...yes everyone is entitled to there own opinion but u dont achieve what ronaldo has done in his career by the age of 23 if you are not a great player.

He takes more knocks than anyone else on the pitch and sometimes he gets frustrated and annoys us all but nobody can question his desire to win and perform when he is on the pitch.

By the way, keano, he did not misplace a pass to rafa when he came off, he tried running and apparently he felt pain and decided to kick the ball out of play. lol...not justifying it, just letting you know with your constant ronaldo outbursts....haha

Anyway he was poor today but anyone questioning his ability is having a laugh imo.

pz

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
United_OG said:
Was dissapointed to see him walk off the park like he did, but what can you do? Ronaldo seems like the type of guy who is highly frustrated right now. He did not perform well today and does not have the support of the crowd like he did last season even though he is by far our best player. It just shows people still have not fully got over what he did last season but sometimes his actions do not help. However he is still our top scorer and assist maker this season i think and thats without looking fully fit still.

As for how anyone can question whether he is a great player or not is laughable...yes everyone is entitled to there own opinion but u dont achieve what ronaldo has done in his career by the age of 23 if you are not a great player.

He takes more knocks than anyone else on the pitch and sometimes he gets frustrated and annoys us all but nobody can question his desire to win and perform when he is on the pitch.

By the way, keano, he did not misplace a pass to rafa when he came off, he tried running and apparently he felt pain and decided to kick the ball out of play. lol...not justifying it, just letting you know with your constant ronaldo outbursts....haha

Anyway he was poor today but anyone questioning his ability is having a laugh imo.

pz

I agree largely with what you have said, though I feel that Ronaldo's reactions are slightly over the top or maybe even misinterpreted by people. Cantona too had this air of arrogance around him but thats what made himspecial. unfortunately for Ronny, people hate him for it. many people think that Eric became more popular among the United faithful after the Kung-fu kick incident --- if Ronaldo did the same, would the United fans still back him as much?

Just my opinion, but I think most people are divided on the love him/hate him situation, myself included

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ws-late-winner-by-Nemanja-Vidic-Football.html

Clutching his side after a heavy collision with the Sunderland midfielder Andy Reid, the newly-crowned European Footballer of the Year kicked the ball into touch, signalled his discomfort to the bench and the disappeared up the players' tunnel while a bemused Sir Alex Ferguson, serving the second of a two-match touchline ban, frantically telephoned his assistants to arrange a substitution.

Fortunately for Ronaldo, Nemanja Vidic's winning goal one minute into stoppage time turned one point into three for United. But Ronaldo's disappearing act still overshadowed the Serbian's goal.

Ferguson said: "Cristiano had a kick on the hip. Wayne Rooney had something similar last season and it can be very painful. We'll see how he is on Monday morning, but we have Aalborg on Wednesday and Spurs at the weekend, so we will freshen it up.

"There was no need for him to come to the bench, though. The best thing is to get treatment straightaway. It was the sensible thing to do."

Whether Ferguson would have been so forgiving had Vidic not scored is open to debate, but the visitors would have stolen a point had they claimed a draw. Still, they at least showed the spirit that will be needed if they are to avoid relegation.

G

·
Chritiano Ronaldo was last seen running down the tunnel holding his side , with brown stained shorts, shouting ....." gangway.....where's the bog roll".

BCC Sports reporters are quoted as saying ..." something's not right here, we think it smells to be honest".

The FA have said that " although it looked a bit dirty, there was no foul on the pitch, they are not going to investigate further" and that " as far as we are concerned the door was closed".

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Chritiano Ronaldo was last seen running down the tunnel holding his side , with brown stained shorts, shouting ....." gangway.....where's the bog roll".

BCC Sports reporters are quoted as saying ..." something's not right here, we think it smells to be honest".

The FA have said that " although it looked a bit dirty, there was no foul on the pitch, they are not going to investigate further" and that " as far as we are concerned the door was closed".

Class ...

·
23,699 Posts
premiershiplatest

Man United Boss Ferguson Agrees With Ronaldo Walkout, Hints At Changes

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will assess Cristiano Ronaldo fitness on Monday morning after the Portuguese winger picked up a nasty knock on the hip in Saturday's 1-0 victory against Sunderland at Old Trafford.

The 23-year-old, who was earlier this week crowned Ballon d'Or winner, suffered a painful blow in the middle of the second half under a heavy impact from Sunderland midfielder Andy Reid. He immediately signalled for substitution and left the pitch for treatment.

Ferguson said: "There was no need for Cristiano to come to the bench, though. The best thing is to get treatment straightaway. It was the sensible thing to do."

Explaining the gravity of the situation, he added: "Cristiano had a kick on the hip. Wayne Rooney had something similar last season and it can be very painful.

"We'll see how he is on Monday morning, but we have Aalborg at home in the Champions League on Wednesday and Spurs at the weekend, so we will freshen it up.â€

·
Banned
10 Posts
all those who dislike ronaldo are just not true man utd fans !!
this lad is wearing the united shirt
and all sort of stories are written on him to sell papers ;
even here :=(

leave this lad in peace for god sake !!!
he is a human being that has the right to get injured ; he is not a machine after all ...

too many people are jealous of him IMO...

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
dj_poms said:
this lad is wearing the united shirt
and all sort of stories are written on him to sell papers ;
even here :=(

leave this lad in peace for god sake !!!
he is a human being that has the right to get injured ; he is not a machine after all ...

too many people are jealous of him IMO...
Shut up...

Maybe we dislike spoilt, egostistical disloyal players who disrupt the harmony of the club...

·
23,699 Posts
dj_poms said:
Totally disagree.

Yes, when he is on the pitch wearing our colours, we should all support and never jeer him but off the pitch, it is another matter altogether.

We are all United fans, but not necessarily Ronaldo's fan or <insert player>'s fan. And some of us are Messi's fan but not Barca fans. They are not mutually inclusive.

On a similar note, I loved my late father but I never really liked him.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
versa said:
Totally disagree.

Yes, when he is on the pitch wearing our colours, we should all support and never jeer him but off the pitch, it is another matter altogether.

We are all United fans, but not necessarily Ronaldo's fan or <insert player>'s fan. They are not mutually inclusive.

totally my opinion mate....
when he's on the pitch wearing united red i'll support him, but off the pitch and the type of guy he is i don't like at all.....those who seem to think we should bow down and worship everything he does on and off the pitch must be the ones who truly don't know what united is about. most of us can distinguish betweeen a player on the pitch and what they stand for generally and have enough up top to make the distinction

·
Banned
10 Posts
NoxiousD said:
Shut up...

Maybe we dislike spoilt, egostistical disloyal players who disrupt the harmony of the club...
shame on you
so you think you are clever than SAF who plays him week in week out ; and have faith in him !!
go n support the scouser instead and cheer for gerrard or torres name on their forum and stop taking on a player that wear the united shirt in a united forum!!

i would like to watch your reaction when ronaldo will score against the like of liverpool !! may be u will boo him :mad:

·
Registered
139 Posts
You guys jst love an excuse to have a Bi*ch at him dont you!!
you could see by his face that he was in pain, surely it was better that he went off and let some one else play, instead of him walkin round the pitch in pain and not able to play properly which would have hindered us even more, seriously if it was Rooney i doubt this wouldnt even be a topic!!

·
Banned
10 Posts
versa said:
Totally disagree.

similarly may be u loved united ; but never really love it (especially when the team lose and the first thing to do is blasting frustration on players like carrick ; oshea ; fletcher ; neville ; park ; giggs or even the whole team)

start thinking like SAF ; he is the manager ; and he is supporting ronaldo both on and off the pitch !!

i bet u r jealous of his ballon dor too ; may be u would have voted for messi or torres !!

41 - 60 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.