Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Red_Devil28 said:
You guys jst love an excuse to have a Bi*ch at him dont you!!
you could see by his face that he was in pain, surely it was better that he went off and let some one else play, instead of him walkin round the pitch in pain and not able to play properly which would have hindered us even more, seriously if it was Rooney i doubt this wouldnt even be a topic!!
i remember rio was injured and was still on the pitch ; we lost a goal & draw the match because of that against newcastle !!

bear in mind u people who dislike ronaldo are behaving just like other rival supporters who r jealous of him !!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Sorry, but Ronaldos behaviour was not acceptable yesterday.

Whether you are injured or not (which is debatable in this case), just walking off the pitch without consulting anyone is not the acceptable thing to do, and I don't know how people can defend that in all honesty.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
Totally disagree.

Yes, when he is on the pitch wearing our colours, we should all support and never jeer him but off the pitch, it is another matter altogether.

We are all United fans, but not necessarily Ronaldo's fan or <insert player>'s fan. And some of us are Messi's fan but not Barca fans. They are not mutually inclusive.

On a similar note, I loved my late father but I never really liked him.
scottsati said:
totally my opinion mate....
when he's on the pitch wearing united red i'll support him, but off the pitch and the type of guy he is i don't like at all.....those who seem to think we should bow down and worship everything he does on and off the pitch must be the ones who truly don't know what united is about. most of us can distinguish betweeen a player on the pitch and what they stand for generally and have enough up top to make the distinction
Two top posts which I absolutely agree with.

Thats exactly my feelings.

·
23,699 Posts
dj_poms said:
similarly may be u loved united ; but never really love it (especially when the team lose and the first thing to do is blasting frustration on players like carrick ; oshea ; fletcher ; neville ; park)

start thinking like SAF ; he is the manager ; and he is supporting ronaldo both on and off the pitch !!

i bet u r jealous of his ballon dor too ; may be u would have voted for messi or torres !!
You must be new here.

I do lament, moan and bitch a bit but I don't think I have ever gone out of my way to slag any player continually or to become biased no matter how he performs thereafter, or scream for an outright sale.

And I do it per match basis based on what I see and then move on. Most of us do too.

I don't wish to repeat my points here that have been posted in this forum before. But I do suspect what you highlighted really applies to yourself:

That you really love the players more than the Club
, such that even when the Club's ambitions suffered due to some players' non-performance or some players' off-the-pitch antics embarrassed the Club etc, your priority, loyalty and concerns seem to favour the players so overwhelmingly over the Club that any criticisms of them are twistedly labelled as lack of love for the Club (??!).

I often thought our loyalty, priority and concerns should always be with the Club over the players but strangely enough, it often goes the other way round.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Keano! said:
I get plenty of stick on here for my own opinion on this chap. The constant stupid
answer I get is...42 goals last season...scored most this season...blah blah blah

He was crap throughout today's game...only "good" thing he did was take a short
free for Rooney to hit. Other then that he was a waster...

Second half...gets a knock, which TBH, looked rather heavy, and understandably
sore...but being Ronaldo, you'd think he'd been shot with a double-barrel
shotgun in the side. So he goes to the touchline, crying...

...comes back on, things look grand...think he had a few touches...then gets the
ball on the wing, and Rafael was bombing along the line beside him...Ronaldo
turns but misplaces his pass, as neither Ronaldo or Rafael were on the same
wavelength...

...so how do you cover up your blatant error, which is no crime...anyone can
misplace a ball, instead...act as if you were kicking the ball out of play, clutch your
side, start crying almost, and start going to the tunnel, telling Fergie to take him
off. He walks off the pitch and down the tunnel...

....so he basically has **** all wrong with him, maybe a slight bruise, but there's
players out there who play through all sorts of injuries. Dean Whitehead of
Sunderland was injured, yet battled on until he couldn't manage and then left the
field like a professional.

I'll be very disappointed in Ferguson if he defends Ronaldo for his childish antics.
There was no excuse. IF, that's IF he really injured, which I highly doubt he is,
after all he wasn't injured last time as he played in Villareal when everyone was
expecting him to be out...ha.....then leave the field properly, let the management
know and wait till they're ready...don't desert your team and walk off like a child
who didn't get the toy he wanted in the toy store....

All he was thinking about IMO, was that stupid award he got, which has inflated
his head even further...he'll be as happy as Larry collecting it tomorrow.

I said this in the other thread, but if a player walks out on his own team, then he
doesn't deserve to be at United and he's a disgrace to the number 7 shirt, after
wonderful players honoured it before him...

...I just can't get over how disrespectful his actions were to Sir Alex, who has
jumped to his defence on so many occasions...way to show your appreciation....

I maybe wrong, but I think I recall hearing boos for him when he decided to go
walkies...

I'll stop there....and wait for the incoming Keano! bashing posts...which you are
entitled to, but if you want to see someone like that play for United, then fair
dues to you...I however have more of an opinion on players who think they're
bigger then the club...

I don't know how you can have that opinion, he clearly kicked the ball out of play on purpose. It wasn't a misplaced pass, he made no attempt to pass it to Rafael. He was clearly injured and could not continue, he has never exited a match pretending to be injured before so how can you reach such a conclusion this time? Despite not having any pre-season and missing the first 6 or 7 matches of the season he is still our top goalscorer, he has more goals than Rooney who people like to defend endlessly.

Why doesn't everyone pick on Rooney's mental weakness that led him to him giving away that needless freekick against Chelsea which cost us victory, why not look at how Sir Alex was forced to substitute Rooney against Everton to stop him from getting sent off. Look at Rooney's embarrasing misses against Arsenal and Aston Villa, we would have won those two matches if it wasn't for Rooney's terrible finishing. Despite everything that has happened, Ronaldo is still having a far superior season to the overweight, slow and inconsistent Rooney. Cristiano Ronaldo is by far our best player, we would have won nothing last season without Ronaldo and thats a fact. You people slating him and saying he should be sold do not know what you are talking about IMHO.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I don't all this talk about loyalty. Loyalty and loyal players who stick by the club through thick and thin are a rarity. The club pays a player to perform. If he doesn't perform well, then the fans are entitled to voice their concern.

But lets consider a player who did what he was told to, performed well and justified his wages and the money spent by by the fans in supporting him. After years of service to the club, he decides to seek a new challenge. Do we have a right to blame him for that? Why are we expecting him to stay with us forever?

Lets not forget that loyalty is a two way bridge. If a player shows loyalty towards the club and the fans, isn't he entitled to expect the same in return? So how many of us, who cries foul when a player doesn't show loyalty, shows loyalty in return?

Lets take the case of Silvestre, he was a loyal to us, stood by the club even when he lost his first team place. This season, he was unceremoniously sold to Arsenal. How many of us cared? None. Why? Because we felt he wasn't good enough. Lets take the case of players like Giggs and Neville. They are the very embodiment of loyalty. But how many of said things like "Neville is finished" and "Giggs should retire"? A lot. Why? Because loyal or not, their performances wasn't acceptable to us.

My point is, when a player plays well, we cheer for him. If he doesn't he will be sold like a piece of meat like Roy Keane said. Where is the loyalty from our part? Aren't we hypocrites in demanding loyalty from a player when we don't show an ounce of it?

Lets say Ronaldo despite his dreams of playing in Spain decides to show loyalty and stays with the club. After a couple of years, he gets a serious injury. He is no longer the old Ronaldo, but a mere shadow of his former self. He is then replaced by some hot shot winger. Will we shed a tear for him? Will we return the loyalty he's shown to us? I don't think so.

There's no place for loyalty in the modern game imo. It's all about performances. If you play well, you are adored by the fans. If you don't, the same fans are going to boo you.

·
23,699 Posts
red devil jeff said:
Good and pragmatic post.

At the end of the day and above all....

Players come and go for different reasons and under different circumstances; sold like a meat or not, retire gracefully or not.

It is only the Club that will prevail and its interests have to be defended at all costs at all time.

Only the best and the most willing should be playing for us. Sentiments are only good for non-competitive activities.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
dj_poms said:
all those who dislike ronaldo are just not true man utd fans !!
this lad is wearing the united shirt
and all sort of stories are written on him to sell papers ;
even here :=(

leave this lad in peace for god sake !!!
he is a human being that has the right to get injured ; he is not a machine after all ...

too many people are jealous of him IMO...
WTF? :confused: Jealous? My god....

Anyway, as many of you know I have been anti-Ronaldo since his summer antics, but after my latest rant of a couple of weeks ago I decided to give the boy another chance. We all can get on one train and find it hard to get off.... :D

My biggest concern about him was his attitude and commitment - their possible impact on the team. I now agree with those who feel, regardless of his petulance, that while he's wearing United colours, he is on MY team. I was actually cheering hard for him yesterday.

Leaving the pitch and his teammates with 10 men was bad though, there had better be a good explanation, other than a little knock...

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
dj_poms said:
i remember rio was injured and was still on the pitch ; we lost a goal & draw the match because of that against newcastle !!

bear in mind u people who dislike ronaldo are behaving just like other rival supporters who r jealous of him !!
14 posts...

Already started multi-person arguement.

Troll detected.

·
Banned
10 Posts
manutd004 said:
Sorry, but Ronaldos behaviour was not acceptable yesterday.

Whether you are injured or not (which is debatable in this case), just walking off the pitch without consulting anyone is not the acceptable thing to do, and I don't know how people can defend that in all honesty.
he was making gestures with SAF while going out!!

manutd004 said:
Two top posts which I absolutely agree with.

Thats exactly my feelings.
shame

Justice said:
14 posts...

Already started multi-person arguement.

Troll detected.
??

·
Banned
10 Posts
versa said:
You must be new here.

I do lament, moan and bitch a bit but I don't think I have ever gone out of my way to slag any player continually or to become biased no matter how he performs thereafter, or scream for an outright sale.

And I do it per match basis based on what I see and then move on. Most of us do too.

I don't wish to repeat my points here that have been posted in this forum before. But I do suspect what you highlighted really applies to yourself:

That you really love the players more than the Club
, such that even when the Club's ambitions suffered due to some players' non-performance or some players' off-the-pitch antics embarrassed the Club etc, your priority, loyalty and concerns seem to favour the players so overwhelmingly over the Club that any criticisms of them are twistedly labelled as lack of love for the Club (??!).

I often thought our loyalty, priority and concerns should always be with the Club over the players but strangely enough, it often goes the other way round.
i love the club ; the manager ; the staffs , the players everything that is related to united ; its history but people like u ; anti- united player make me disgust in a way. y dont u go n cheer for the scousers instead and stop personal attacks on ronaldo so long as he wear the united shirt!!

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
^^Everyones entitled to their own opinion...it doesn't have to match your own ffs..

...I could write a novel on Ronaldo!! :rolleyes:.........IMO, he deserves EVERYTHING
he gets after his ludacris antics yesterday....and if you think whats been said on
here is harsh...jaysus! I've read some extremely harsh comments, and really cut
throat ones...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Keano! said:
I don;t have a medical degree...I don't have psychic powers either at least I don't think I do..

But based on my knowledge of previous games and such....he's as fit as a fiddle now, laughing and joking. He'll be smiling collecting his award tomorrow, and be playing at WHL next week....
He was injured for a good part of the back end of last season but played through it... also dont forget the goal against Roma...

He gets kicked about in every game and often he lets it get to him and plays poorly... he's had to come off injured twice in the last 3 games... he can effect how your perform and he was clearly in pain yesterday, it was unusual what he did but i dont want to lose the best player in the world because hes a bit of a *****...

We should get behind our players always... Fergie wouldnt have him in the team if his heart wasnt there... Fergie always knows best, I fancy Ronaldo to have another great season!

VIVA RONALDO

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
NoxiousD said:
Shut up...

Maybe we dislike spoilt, egostistical disloyal players who disrupt the harmony of the club...

This is my thread so I can say this well done mate that guy is a idiot ronaldo is a stuck up little rat and if that guy were a true fan like many who are out there he wouldnt sing his name and he wouldnt support him for what was a poor show to his team mates .

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
red dave said:
This is my thread so I can say this well done mate that guy is a idiot ronaldo is a stuck up little rat and if that guy were a true fan like many who are out there he wouldnt sing his name and he wouldnt support him for what was a poor show to his team mates .
So basically you're saying that the player matters more to you than the jersey he wears.

Good for you, I'm sure atitudes like that really make players feel welcome...

Is Ronaldo a stuck up boy, too drunk at the moment in his own fame??
Definitely.

Is Ronaldo worthy of the praise he's receiving for his AMAZING last season??
Again, definitely.

Is Ronaldo one of the best players in the world at the moment??
Once again, definitely.

Let me tell you something. You don't know how Portugal is, and you don't know his background. Poor kid, from a poor family, who always looked to football as his way to a better life. He's on a high time now, so it's only natural for him to get drunk with it. NEVER FORGET, he's 23!! He's a kid. Give him some slack, and you'll see him come around.

And even if you don't, remember the jersey he wears. THAT, if nothing else, should earn your respect. Say what you want when/after he's gone, but until then, suport them.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
So basically you're saying that the player matters more to you than the jersey he wears.

Good for you, I'm sure atitudes like that really make players feel welcome...

Is Ronaldo a stuck up boy, too drunk at the moment in his own fame??
Definitely.

Is Ronaldo worthy of the praise he's receiving for his AMAZING last season??
Again, definitely.

Is Ronaldo one of the best players in the world at the moment??
Once again, definitely.

Let me tell you something. You don't know how Portugal is, and you don't know his background. Poor kid, from a poor family, who always looked to football as his way to a better life. He's on a high time now, so it's only natural for him to get drunk with it. NEVER FORGET, he's 23!! He's a kid. Give him some slack, and you'll see him come around.

And even if you don't, remember the jersey he wears. THAT, if nothing else, should earn your respect. Say what you want when/after he's gone, but until then, suport them.

Is this Ronaldo Im talking to ?

Let me tell you something Im 27 I live in a rented house I have a 5 year old daughter and I've just been made redundant lost my job that means . Yes just before christmas and another thing im from wythenshawe one of the least privalged places in England so I know hardships yes but let me tell you one thing if I had made it then I wouldnt have been like him . Rooney is from a terrible back ground and he doesnt go about buisness like ronaldo .

So take your opinion and stick it where the sun dont shine because it doesnt matter where your from or your background what matters is loyalty and honesty and the man doesnt give a sxxt about any of that .

He is still with us now because we wouldnt sell him and without doubt the man is showing signs of being unhappy . I can except diving and poor displays now and again but one thing for sure dirty looks to the likes of john oshea and fletcher and co wears thin for me on me . And running off the pitch without fighting on angers me to the man is in a world of his own and that isnt where the rest of our squad is im afraid .

Without doubt he is the best in the world I dont disagree with that fact but in the league of humanity his way down the table even below the ever loyal Drogba in my eyes and I hate him and I love my club .

So go back to lisbon and leave my club alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
red dave said:
Is this Ronaldo Im talking to ?

Let me tell you something Im 27 I live in a rented house I have a 5 year old daughter and I've just been made redundant lost my job that means . Yes just before christmas and another thing im from wythenshawe one of the least privalged places in England so I know hardships yes but let me tell you one thing if I had made it then I wouldnt have been like him . Rooney is from a terrible back ground and he doesnt go about buisness like ronaldo .

So take your opinion and stick it where the sun dont shine because it doesnt matter where your from or your background what matters is loyalty and honesty and the man doesnt give a sxxt about any of that .

He is still with us now because we wouldnt sell him and without doubt the man is showing signs of being unhappy . I can except diving and poor displays now and again but one thing for sure dirty looks to the likes of john oshea and fletcher and co wears thin for me on me . And running off the pitch without fighting on angers me to the man is in a world of his own and that isnt where the rest of our squad is im afraid .

Without doubt he is the best in the world I dont disagree with that fact but in the league of humanity his way down the table even below the ever loyal Drogba in my eyes and I hate him and I love my club .

So go back to lisbon and leave my club alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sporting4Ever is a very good poster and as well as supporting Sporting, he also suports United. He has the right to give his opinion on Ronaldo just as you do. If you disagree with him, fine, explain why, but telling people to go back where they came from isn't very nice and can be construed as racist.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
stop press !!!!!

ronaldo confided in me just ten minutes ago that he ate a chilli keano had prepared and he suddenly had an uncontrolable urge to poo . he was autographing his jockeys with brown crayon boys so he had to go . the boss understands this problem having got off a speeding wrap with this defence .

how could he have shown his face at the awards tonight with everyone singing mr ploppy pants as he mounted the rostrum ?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Blade said:
Sporting4Ever is a very good poster and as well as supporting Sporting, he also suports United. He has the right to give his opinion on Ronaldo just as you do. If you disagree with him, fine, explain why, but telling people to go back where they came from isn't very nice and can be construed as racist.

Racist behave I aint racist blade from droylsdon behave yourself and think about what your saying before you say it !:mad:

G

·
red dave said:
Racist behave I aint racist blade from droylsdon behave yourself and think about what your saying before you say it !:mad:
Read my post carefully. I said it can be "construed" as being racist.

Either way, you're stiill being abusive toward s a good member and that's not what thiis forum is about.

We're all for some disagreement every now and then, that's what gets some of the better discussion going, but insulting the man is uncalled for.

61 - 80 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.