Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Blade said:
Read my post carefully. I said it can be "construed" as being racist.

Either way, you're stiill being abusive toward s a good member and that's not what thiis forum is about.

We're all for some disagreement every now and then, that's what gets some of the better discussion going, but insulting the man is uncalled for.

Off my case !!!!

If I offended him he will be able to take it he is man isnt he !

G

·
red dave said:
Off my case !!!!

If I offended him he will be able to take it he is man isnt he !
Easy tiger. I'm sure he can take it. But as a moderator I'm telling you what is and is not acceptable. Lose the attitude.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Sporting4Ever said:
Is Ronaldo a stuck up boy, too drunk at the moment in his own fame??
Definitely.

Is Ronaldo worthy of the praise he's receiving for his AMAZING last season??
Again, definitely.

Is Ronaldo one of the best players in the world at the moment??
Once again, definitely.

Let me tell you something. You don't know how Portugal is, and you don't know his background. Poor kid, from a poor family, who always looked to football as his way to a better life. He's on a high time now, so it's only natural for him to get drunk with it. NEVER FORGET, he's 23!! He's a kid. Give him some slack, and you'll see him come around.

And even if you don't, remember the jersey he wears. THAT, if nothing else, should earn your respect. Say what you want when/after he's gone, but until then, suport them.

great post Sporting. Very well said.
Im all on for supporting Ronaldo cos he is still a United player and one of the best in the World.
I can understand why people criticise him, cos he IS a ****, but we will only realise
his true value once he has left and we arent winning as many trophies anymore.
He is hugely important to our success as he proved last season so we need to stick
by him. Saying that, we shouldnt be singing his songs as much and his antics yesterday were a bit
pathetic. Granted he was injured, but at least wait till a sub comes on :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
antdevil78 said:
All I can say is i am glad you fans were not around during the Best era as he would never have got the legend status he has now

antdevil good point but he loved united ronaldo doesnt and you will be eating your words come may when he again asks to leave the club !

G

·
red dave said:
you lose you attitude Blade where you get that name ?

how do get that job anyway?
Somebody else picked my name from a dvd on a shelf :p

Why does it matter how I got the 'job'? I'm offering you friendly advice, nothing more.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Sporting4Ever said:
So basically you're saying that the player matters more to you than the jersey he wears.

Good for you, I'm sure atitudes like that really make players feel welcome...

Is Ronaldo a stuck up boy, too drunk at the moment in his own fame??
Definitely.

Is Ronaldo worthy of the praise he's receiving for his AMAZING last season??
Again, definitely.

Is Ronaldo one of the best players in the world at the moment??
Once again, definitely.

Let me tell you something. You don't know how Portugal is, and you don't know his background. Poor kid, from a poor family, who always looked to football as his way to a better life. He's on a high time now, so it's only natural for him to get drunk with it. NEVER FORGET, he's 23!! He's a kid. Give him some slack, and you'll see him come around.

And even if you don't, remember the jersey he wears. THAT, if nothing else, should earn your respect. Say what you want when/after he's gone, but until then, suport them.
well said lad

way too much negativity about everything of late

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Blade said:
Somebody else picked my name from a dvd on a shelf :p

Why does it matter how I got the 'job'? I'm offering you friendly advice, nothing more.

Fair enough leave it there but im here to give my view nothing more and thats how feel about ronaldo simple as that . I pay to see players who want to play well for the team and fans not themselves and in my eyes he plays for himself .

·
Registered
139 Posts
red devil jeff said:
I don't all this talk about loyalty. Loyalty and loyal players who stick by the club through thick and thin are a rarity. The club pays a player to perform. If he doesn't perform well, then the fans are entitled to voice their concern.

But lets consider a player who did what he was told to, performed well and justified his wages and the money spent by by the fans in supporting him. After years of service to the club, he decides to seek a new challenge. Do we have a right to blame him for that? Why are we expecting him to stay with us forever?

Lets not forget that loyalty is a two way bridge. If a player shows loyalty towards the club and the fans, isn't he entitled to expect the same in return? So how many of us, who cries foul when a player doesn't show loyalty, shows loyalty in return?

Lets take the case of Silvestre, he was a loyal to us, stood by the club even when he lost his first team place. This season, he was unceremoniously sold to Arsenal. How many of us cared? None. Why? Because we felt he wasn't good enough. Lets take the case of players like Giggs and Neville. They are the very embodiment of loyalty. But how many of said things like "Neville is finished" and "Giggs should retire"? A lot. Why? Because loyal or not, their performances wasn't acceptable to us.

My point is, when a player plays well, we cheer for him. If he doesn't he will be sold like a piece of meat like Roy Keane said. Where is the loyalty from our part? Aren't we hypocrites in demanding loyalty from a player when we don't show an ounce of it?

Lets say Ronaldo despite his dreams of playing in Spain decides to show loyalty and stays with the club. After a couple of years, he gets a serious injury. He is no longer the old Ronaldo, but a mere shadow of his former self. He is then replaced by some hot shot winger. Will we shed a tear for him? Will we return the loyalty he's shown to us? I don't think so.

There's no place for loyalty in the modern game imo. It's all about performances. If you play well, you are adored by the fans. If you don't, the same fans are going to boo you.
Really liked this post, i agree with points you have made especially part about giggs and neville being loyal to the club, most of the people on her havin ago at Ronaldo for his lack of loyalty need to take a look in the mirror, because your the same ones who are sayin that giggs and neville should retire!! seriously your jst a bunch of hypocrites!!

red dave said:
antdevil good point but he loved united ronaldo doesnt and you will be eating your words come may when he again asks to leave the club !
and George Best may have loved United, but i dont think he respected it that much, tbh i think he probably loved his drink and the lifestyle more, but thats just my opinion

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
red dave said:
he still walked out on the club aged only 28. I know he retired pretty early but I could see some of todays fans accusing best of ditching the club. Also as it seems with Ronaldo, any tiny thing he does is magnified to become the biggest thing to do with the club. Examples:

Ronaldo not smiling

Ronaldo not celebrating when scoring

Ronaldo being moody with referees about decisions going against him

Ronaldo getting sent off

Ronaldo not being injured in the correct United way

Ronaldo not getting up after being kicked when last season he got up all the time after being kicked.

If that the case then that Amir Khan is complete fraudster. I have seen him get punched in fights and not go down. However in his last fight, he got punched and went down. How come????

I think you all need to get off his back and stop scrutinising his every little action. We have got 11 players on the pitch and they need applauding/criticising just as much as Ronaldo.

If Ronaldo goes end of the summer then so be it. I will be safe in the knowledge that i supported him during his time at United and will support whoever his successor will be. Players come, players go but United lives on

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
best did ditch the club and if sir matt hadnt such admiration for him he would have gone far earlier . george was at the time getting pelters as he failed to train missed games the lot . time has a habit of erasing the bad and rose tinted specs get worn . most genius folk are flawed - best was a shambling alki who threw away his talent -- maradona a coke sniffing lard munching head the ball . footballers are entertainers - we love them as they bring joy to our lives in the same way a musician or artist does --- most artists and musicians are flawed and idiots . ronnie inspires emotions good and bad yet in 20 years when we remember him we will remember the flicks tricks mazy runs great free kicks etc and not the diving posturing etc .

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
haggler said:
best did ditch the club and if sir matt hadnt such admiration for him he would have gone far earlier . george was at the time getting pelters as he failed to train missed games the lot . time has a habit of erasing the bad and rose tinted specs get worn . most genius folk are flawed - best was a shambling alki who threw away his talent -- maradona a coke sniffing lard munching head the ball . footballers are entertainers - we love them as they bring joy to our lives in the same way a musician or artist does --- most artists and musicians are flawed and idiots . ronnie inspires emotions good and bad yet in 20 years when we remember him we will remember the flicks tricks mazy runs great free kicks etc and not the diving posturing etc .
the exact point i was trying to make. its these players that you will be talking about in 20-30 years to your grandkids

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Still believe were in a better position to replace this type of player now then ever before so I stand by my views he will ask to go and I will always hate him no matter what . Thanks what you have done ronaldo you entertained me but it ends there thanks for the memorys !!!!!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
If you had a gun with 2 bullets
Gerrard..... Ronaldo.....Andy Grey in a room and you had to fire the to bullets.

Where would your bullets go??
if torres was using the gun???

first in gerrard and second in gerrard cos knowing torres he would have missed the first

·
Registered
141 Posts
when ronaldo plays poor or its not his day he walks whether it be getting sent off or pretending to be injured he doesnt want to play im just suprised he doesnt try and take the ball with him.And after all the rolling around he does you cant give him the benefit of really being hurt its his way of doing nothing in a game and still getting the attention

G

·
If a player is injured and feels unable to continue then that's not really the player making an arrogant decision not to carry on.
He'd already been 'treated' by the physio, if he'd then gone and sat down on the middle of the pitch waiting for more treatment then this forum would be going into a mass mard on about that instead.
The people jumping on him for this are just ready to jump on him for anything he does, as you've already shown in your posts on the endless "Ronaldo not fit to wear the shirt threads".

Was talking with a mate before and we both remember Rio walking off the pitch as he felt he couldn't carry on, not so long ago, straight down the tunnel, leaving United with 10 on the pitch ( we'd used all our subs).
Did he get slagged for it ?? Did he heck as like, no-one said anything about it at all.
Was there threads like this all over the internet ? Again No, nothing at all.

Anyway we should get rid of Ronaldo because it was disgusting the way he walked off without waving to the fans and he never even smiled either.
Disgraceful way to treat the fans IMO, should be banned forever.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
VaVaVoom said:
If you had a gun with 2 bullets
Gerrard..... Ronaldo.....Andy Grey in a room and you had to fire the to bullets.

Where would your bullets go??
of course they would go in andy grey and gerrard

ronaldo has done alot during his time but I cant forgive him for what he has done

81 - 100 of 154 Posts