Manchester United Talk banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
versa said:
Great intelligent poster Sporting. :)

Btw are you a pure Sporting fan or a bit on United too? If you have ever mentioned, I must have missed that.
I like united too, ofc. Have liked ever since the late 90's, even before that marvelous 99 final.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
when i was i n Portugal last year i got speaking to alot of Sporting fans and they had alot of respect for us,im guessing part was the transfers going on between us,and they are a logical group of fans who realised they were never going to keep such a prized assett as Ronaldo ect.I heard they dont like Benfica much :-O

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
when i was i n Portugal last year i got speaking to alot of Sporting fans and they had alot of respect for us,im guessing part was the transfers going on between us,and they are a logical group of fans who realised they were never going to keep such a prized assett as Ronaldo ect.I heard they dont like Benfica much :-O
It's not just the transfers, a lot of people here keep track of the EPL, and United is always a favorite to watch. As for keeping our stars, it's tough, of course. hopefully, we'll get further and further from that, but we know we can't compete with the bigger leagues like spain, italy and england. We're one of the top teams here, and our salaries are below half of what players get in middle of the league teams there.

Oh, and benfica? who're those? don't think i ever heard of them... ;)

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
It's not just the transfers, a lot of people here keep track of the EPL, and United is always a favorite to watch. As for keeping our stars, it's tough, of course. hopefully, we'll get further and further from that, but we know we can't compete with the bigger leagues like spain, italy and england. We're one of the top teams here, and our salaries are below half of what players get in middle of the league teams there.

Oh, and benfica? who're those? don't think i ever heard of them... ;)

Have'nt you heard of Benfica ?;)

well I have we beat them in 68 :D :D

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
red dave said:
Have'nt you heard of Benfica ?;)

well I have we beat them in 68 :D :D
And we beat you in 64, bet you don't remember that ;)

and i know benfica of course, i was beeing ironic.

And trust me, beating them these days isn't such a great feat... :D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
And we beat you in 64, bet you don't remember that ;)

and i know benfica of course, i was beeing ironic.

And trust me, beating them these days isn't such a great feat... :D

I hope to get you in the champions league by the way as you are the easiest team in our draw .

Sorry mate !

we will get Lyon though I can feel it in my bones !

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
red dave said:
I hope to get you in the champions league by the way as you are the easiest team in our draw .

Sorry mate !

we will get Lyon though I can feel it in my bones !
Nope. I sense a visit to Santiago Barnabéu for United...

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
red dave said:
True but the last eight is when it gets harder we should always make the last eight plain and simple !;)
I dissagree. Manchester should make it to the semis, barring of course those balanced rounds that draw 2 chronic canditates together earlier.

I know we look like the weaker side, and everyone is gonna be thrilled to get us, but mind you, anyone expecting an easy qualification should think again.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Sporting4Ever said:
but mind you, anyone expecting an easy qualification should think again.
Exactly, Polga is solid as a rock at the back, I really like that Djalo lad as well. Yannick is quality, and we can't forget about Liedson either, though I'm assuming he's injured cause I haven't seen him in a while.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts