Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinions on Ronaldo playing up front??

Personally I prefer to see Ronaldo on the wing, and i think he gives so much more to the team when he is on the wing? When playing up font on your own you need to be prepared to chase lost causes and Ronaldo doesnt seem to be prepared to do this!!

I am not slating Ronaldo, jus an observation and an opinion!!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yess understand what your saying but fergie did right, and if on saturday it isn't possible for rooney to play then he should stick him up top again ... we re so much better with two strikers :) just the way we work

·
Registered
854 Posts
ye i agree. he's harder to mark when he on the wing because he drifts around everywhere and Left back doesn't know what to do. He filled in well up front seen as there is no Rooney but I want to see him on the wing in general.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He is more effective from the wing. It gives him the opportunity to drop deeper and run with pace at defenders.

Defenders hate it when faced by someone running at speed towards them - they usually either keep backing off or give away a free-kick by putting in a clumsy tackle (which Ronaldo can then whack into the net!)

Up front he sees less of the ball and there is less space to run into. He can do a job there but I much prefer Rooney in that position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts