Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plain and simple this one lads who is the best player on the planet ronaldo or messi ? I would of said ronaldo until I seen messi in the flesh and it was a amazing site its like it glued to the boys foot so who is the best ?

Z

·
0 Posts
Messi is undoubtedly a brilliant player, the ball sticks to his
feet and it's hard to get it off him. But in the two matches
against United, despite all his maizy runs, he didn't actually
create anything. Ronaldo went missing for much of the games,
but we were on the back foot for much of both games so he
didn't exactly get any help from his team mates. With two
great players like that you have to look at the end product
to seperate them. And with Ronaldo having scored 38 goals
this season in the best league in the world, he wins by quite
a distance.

Ronaldo's last two years:

Appearances: 95

Goals: 61

0.64 goals per game

Messi's last two years:

Appearances: 69

Goals: 32

0.46 goals per game

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Well.....They are very good players,but today I prefer Ronaldo!He is more useful for United,than Messi is useful for Barsa!

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Ronaldo.Pace, athletism, ground skills, areal ability, dead ball situations and two footed makes Ronaldo a more complete player than Messi will ever be. Add to that his goal tally, there's no reason why Ronaldo shouldn't be hailed as the best footballer on the planet.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good posts everyone yeah I think we have so far decided on ronaldo but what can we say about messi have we ever seen a ball stuck to someones foot like that

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well to be honest Im still undecided on this one.
Im not disputing Ronaldo's stats and accolades, but I cant help but
admire the lad Messi. He is frightening, unique adn simply awesome.
Obviously Ronnie will win player of the year and after scoring 38 goals
who can dispute it?

but for consistency I believe Messi is better. He is ALWAYS great, always
the heartbeat of the team. Ronaldo can drift in and out of games, but
in fairness to him normally comes up with the goods.

Ronaldo on a whole has the more attributes than Messi eg things like his
height, his ability in the air and his free kicks.

But if Im being honest, right here right now, I think that Messi is
'the better player'. He is 4 years younger than Ronnie and is already
gaining legend status at his tender age.

In the future, I firmly believe that when people reminisce on the greatest
players of all time they shall be talking about the likes of Pele, Maradona, Best,
Cruyff, Beckanbauer, Zidane, Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo's.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jazz 16 said:
who can dispute it?

players of all time they shall be talking about the likes of Pele, Maradona, Best,

I presume ronaldo's means both of them I also believe romario should be on that list as should cantona

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
fazman said:
I presume ronaldo's means both of them I also believe romario should be on that list as should cantona
great thinking Faz. Consider them listed ;)
Funny you mention them, they are 2 of my fave all time players,
See my profile if you dont believe me :D

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jazz 16 said:
great thinking Faz. Consider them listed ;)
Funny you mention them, they are 2 of my fave all time players,
See my profile if you dont believe me :D

I do believe u romario is my all time fav goal scorer his finishing is amazing he passes the ball in or chips or volleys just amazing but never screamers because thats not what he is about it simple finishing thats why he is so good .

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
who can dispute it?

agree, 100%
ronaldo, has higher efficiency, and has all round abilities and attributes that messi does not have.
however, if i am to choose only one player to watch, it will be messi. when he is on the ball, your heartbeat will be increased, and your body will move with him...
he is the only player that the media cannot hype up, because he is THAT good.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think messi needs to play for about a year or two without getting injured and then i think people can have a greater opinion of him. I think he is a very unique footballer, abit like ronaldo but for being so one footed and still being so amazing in todays game is amazing and even at his short height. But i think if he plays for a year or two and when ppl know abit more about him, we'll see how great he really is imo. Ronaldo has been in the english league for 5 years and even now he kinda walks past players, he is that good. He is still getting better 5 years on which is amazing.

Messi will be found out one way or another if he stays fit for a year or two and ppl will either say he is the undisputed greatest player on the planet or that he was found out and ppl found out how to neutralise his threat.

If messi continues to improve and finds a right foot and some speed, he will truely amazing. At old trafford he was amazing, even though for all the ball barca had, he had no goal or assist at the end of his name...But with that im not being harsh, im just stating a fact. He is only 20 though!!

At the moment imo i think ronaldo is the better player....However i have said before and i'll say again, messi is only 20 and if he has the right mentality and ppl around him, he will go onto be a great of the game.

I also agree with jazz, players like ronaldo and messi today will be the ronaldos and zidane of yesterday to tomorrows and the current generation in that they will be the players they try and model there game off.

pz

ps...give it 2-3 years and we'll be hearing about the 'next' great world player...alot of young talent around these days! The likes of ronaldo need to stay focused!

Jazz 16 said:
who can dispute it?

By the way i think if you're going to mention KAKA i think you should mention Ronaldinio aswell because the ronaldhinio at his peak for the 2 years he was, we truely saw a modern great of football. Most young brazilians see him as there hero/role model.

pz

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I said this all about Messi before the Barca clash but people were all talking about Ronaldo on here (and who wouldn't with the form he is in lol)...I saw him live when Argentina came down to Australia for an Interational friendly and omg he was such a brilliant! He could beat 5 men with so much ease and without breaking a sweat! He for me in skills and technique wise was equal to Ronaldo and for sure in few years time will be like our Ronaldo. Why I rate Ronaldo at the moment higher is because for me Ronaldo is more of a well rounded player than Messi and Torres too. He can score headers, free kicks, penalties, one on ones, long shots, dribbling skills and etc. But there is no doubt Messi will be a future star in the world along side Ronaldo

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Ronaldo is different than Messi im many ways.Ronaldo has aerial ability,free kicks,long range efforts and lets off a certain swagger that reminds me of Cantona.Messi has the best ball control i have ever seen to grace a footballer,he's got speed and his youth.For me,Ronaldo has the edge definetly now,but if messi finds his right foot and plays with the right players,the world will be his playground

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Every season there is a player who decides the destiny of the Champions League - last year it was Kaka, the year before that Ronaldinho and now it's likely to be Cristiano Ronaldo who subdued Messi.
Ronaldo leads the Champions League scoring charts this season with seven goals and has great fitness.
Ronaldo's Faster and Can Score from Free-kicks.
And Messi Is Great Player too, but I choose Ronaldo over Messi.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
United_OG said:
By the way i think if you're going to mention KAKA i think you should mention Ronaldinio aswell because the ronaldhinio at his peak for the 2 years he was, we truely saw a modern great of football. Most young brazilians see him as there hero/role model.

pz
yes very true OG. Ronaldihno is/was one of the greats. He should definitely
be on 'the' list ;)

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jazz 16 said:
yes very true OG. Ronaldihno is/was one of the greats. He should definitely
be on 'the' list ;)

yes but at the moment he must be on the list of wasted talent as he didnt sustain his talent long enough to be called a great for me .

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
When Messi and Ronaldo played on the same pitch Messi outshone Ronaldo by a long way. I would say Messi overall but when you take indivdual aspects of their games their on more even footing. Ronaldo can take free kicks and head the ball. Messi doesn't do dead ball but you can forgive him for not scoring with his head as his height problem is the result of a pituitary gland not working properly. Conversely Messi's ball control is far superior to Ronaldo's. When first starting out in England Ronaldo was all about step overs and now he's stamped that out of his game but he still resorts more to flicks and moving his feet over the ball then pure ball control. Messi moves the ball and positions himself brilliantly. I haven't seen him play against real physical opponents though and I don't know how he'd cope with being roughed up due to his size. At the end of the day however Henrik Larsson was spot on when he said that as good as Messi & Ronaldo are, a fully fit Ronaldinho, in his prime and on his best form outshines both of them together. Ronaldo makes you cheer and whoop, Messi send crowds into paroxysms of delight but only Ronaldinho in his prime made you sit completely still and silent because you simply cant seem to put into words what you just saw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts