Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I think messi needs to play for about a year or two without getting injured and then i think people can have a greater opinion of him. I think he is a very unique footballer, abit like ronaldo but for being so one footed and still being so amazing in todays game is amazing and even at his short height. But i think if he plays for a year or two and when ppl know abit more about him, we'll see how great he really is imo. Ronaldo has been in the english league for 5 years and even now he kinda walks past players, he is that good. He is still getting better 5 years on which is amazing.

Messi will be found out one way or another if he stays fit for a year or two and ppl will either say he is the undisputed greatest player on the planet or that he was found out and ppl found out how to neutralise his threat.

If messi continues to improve and finds a right foot and some speed, he will truely amazing. At old trafford he was amazing, even though for all the ball barca had, he had no goal or assist at the end of his name...But with that im not being harsh, im just stating a fact. He is only 20 though!!

At the moment imo i think ronaldo is the better player....However i have said before and i'll say again, messi is only 20 and if he has the right mentality and ppl around him, he will go onto be a great of the game.

I also agree with jazz, players like ronaldo and messi today will be the ronaldos and zidane of yesterday to tomorrows and the current generation in that they will be the players they try and model there game off.

pz

ps...give it 2-3 years and we'll be hearing about the 'next' great world player...alot of young talent around these days! The likes of ronaldo need to stay focused!

Jazz 16 said:
Well to be honest Im still undecided on this one.
Im not disputing Ronaldo's stats and accolades, but I cant help but
admire the lad Messi. He is frightening, unique adn simply awesome.
Obviously Ronnie will win player of the year and after scoring 38 goals
who can dispute it?

but for consistency I believe Messi is better. He is ALWAYS great, always
the heartbeat of the team. Ronaldo can drift in and out of games, but
in fairness to him normally comes up with the goods.

Ronaldo on a whole has the more attributes than Messi eg things like his
height, his ability in the air and his free kicks.

But if Im being honest, right here right now, I think that Messi is
'the better player'. He is 4 years younger than Ronnie and is already
gaining legend status at his tender age.

In the future, I firmly believe that when people reminisce on the greatest
players of all time they shall be talking about the likes of Pele, Maradona, Best,
Cruyff, Beckanbauer, Zidane, Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo's.
By the way i think if you're going to mention KAKA i think you should mention Ronaldinio aswell because the ronaldhinio at his peak for the 2 years he was, we truely saw a modern great of football. Most young brazilians see him as there hero/role model.

pz

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.