Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missedthe Spus match while I was on holiday and am just watching the highlights.

Did Ronaldo use his arm to bring down the ball, before he put the ball into the net?

It looks to me as if the ball hits his arm and not like his arm moved to the ball.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I missedthe Spus match while I was on holiday and am just watching the highlights.

Did Ronaldo use his arm to bring down the ball, before he put the ball into the net?

It looks to me as if the ball hits his arm and not like his arm moved to the ball.
definatly ball to hand i was watching it with a friend whos a spurs fan and was going mad! he was just laughing at me but he admited later i was right!

them 3 points now would be a real help now and would really put the pressure on chelski and liverpoo

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It was the wrong decision.

It did hit his arm, but he didn't move his arm and wasn't looking to gain an advantage by using his arm. It was ball to hand/arm, and should have stood.

Those 3 points would have been massive, but we just have to get on with it. I was more concerned by the lack of urgency in that game than the referee's decision :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still. it is sickening.

I just saw it once and it didn't look to me like it was hand to ball. Why the hell is the ref disallowing a perfectly legitimate goal?

These are the blunders that could make my bladder boil.

Even if the team was pants that day, they threw everything at the Tottenham goal in the second half and I believe deserved a point.

It was a perfectly legitimate goal and if United loses out on the prem by a point, I'm pointing at that situaiton. OK we could have lost less points in other games, but that wasa legitimate goal.

Hang the ref....... :mad:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
It was ball to hand but lets be honest we get away with a fair few dubios desicions at Old Trafford so it evens itself out .

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I don't really think it should have been given. Just yhink if it had been awarded against us we would av been up in arms about it.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Still. it is sickening.

I just saw it once and it didn't look to me like it was hand to ball. Why the hell is the ref disallowing a perfectly legitimate goal?

These are the blunders that could make my bladder boil.

Even if the team was pants that day, they threw everything at the Tottenham goal in the second half and I believe deserved a point.

It was a perfectly legitimate goal and if United loses out on the prem by a point, I'm pointing at that situaiton. OK we could have lost less points in other games, but that wasa legitimate goal.

Hang the ref....... :mad:
Yeah.

And the refs want a respect campaign? Pfft :rolleyes:

Yes, refs aren't perfect either and are only human. But some of their decisions this season, not just for or against us, but in other games, have been a complete joke, some pretty obvious. And for the point that some people make, about not criticising refs, is absolute rubbish imo. Managers are only human as well, as are players, supporters etc but nobody says managers shouldn't get criticism. And if they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen.

As someone says, we get some decisions for us as well. But it is annoying nonetheless.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
manutd004 said:
Yeah.

And the refs want a respect campaign? Pfft :rolleyes:

Yes, refs aren't perfect either and are only human. But some of their decisions this season, not just for or against us, but in other games, have been a complete joke, some pretty obvious. And for the point that some people make, about not criticising refs, is absolute rubbish imo. Managers are only human as well, as are players, supporters etc but nobody says managers shouldn't get criticism. And if they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen.

As someone says, we get some decisions for us as well. But it is annoying nonetheless.
Refs awarding phantom goals, sending off players for imaginery fouls, not seeing blatant pushes, double standards.

Respect my ass.

You cannot possibly expect players and managers to respect refs when they get so many decisions wrong. They get the big ones wrong and they get the basic ones wrong too.

Shocking stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts