Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cristiano Ronaldo believes Manchester United's impressive showing at Inter Milan on Tuesday proves they are a great team.

The Red Devils made Jose Mourinho's outfit look poor for much of their UEFA Champions League clash, but were unable to bag a priceless away goal.

Despite the goalless draw at Giuseppe Meazza, Ronaldo remains confident of progression to the quarter-finals in the return leg at Old Trafford.

"We played better than Inter in my opinion. We created more chances, especially in the first half. But we didn't score," said Ronaldo to Sky Sports News.

Great team
"We have the second leg at home. We have a better chance than here.

"I know here is always difficult to play, but we've shown we are a great team and we deserved to win."

Wayne Rooney was a late introduction on Tuesday and the no-nonsense striker is disappointed United could not take an away goal back to Old Trafford.

"We really should have taken one of those chances and given ourselves a better chance for the game at Old Trafford," he stated.

"It's always a difficult place to come and a draw is still a good result."

Michael Carrick does not necessarily believe the 0-0 outcome was a poor result, stating: "I'm not too disappointed. It's not a bad result. It's just when we've played well we could and should have scored."

Still think Mourinho will have a trick up his sleeve

·
Banned
107 Posts
Cristiano Ronaldo believes Manchester United's impressive showing at Inter Milan on Tuesday proves they are a great team.

The Red Devils made Jose Mourinho's outfit look poor for much of their UEFA Champions League clash, but were unable to bag a priceless away goal.

Despite the goalless draw at Giuseppe Meazza, Ronaldo remains confident of progression to the quarter-finals in the return leg at Old Trafford.

"We played better than Inter in my opinion. We created more chances, especially in the first half. But we didn't score," said Ronaldo to Sky Sports News.

Great team

"I know here is always difficult to play, but we've shown we are a great team and we deserved to win."

Wayne Rooney was a late introduction on Tuesday and the no-nonsense striker is disappointed United could not take an away goal back to Old Trafford.

"We really should have taken one of those chances and given ourselves a better chance for the game at Old Trafford," he stated.

Michael Carrick does not necessarily believe the 0-0 outcome was a poor result, stating: "I'm not too disappointed. It's not a bad result. It's just when we've played well we could and should have scored."

i think mourihino will opt for cordoba from the start instead of rivas.
but he will almost definately have some sort of plan to take to OT.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

Great team

yeah moanin and complainin about the ref like he did post game. we outplayed them. it was a good result at a bogey ground for us. we have one of the best squads in europe so ronnie is right in stating united are a great team:thumbsup:

Z

·
0 Posts
We didn't need to prove that we are a great team. Being, Premier League, European and world champions proves that.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes last season we won 2 of those trophies. this season we beat Gambia Osaka and Liga de Quito in the World club cup. You cant rely on last seasons performance. this shows we can still compete at the top level.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I would add to that, we are a great team, too great that we often make things difficult for ourselves. Winning the hard way is what great team is all about. And yeah did i already said we are a great team? :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts