Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldo's godfather's shock revelation

Marca's latest attempt to suggest Cristiano Ronaldo is heading for Real Madrid, a day after the Spanish champions appeared to call off their chase, centres around a sensational interview with the Manchester United icon's godfather.

Fernao Sousa was interviewed in Portugal even though Los Merengues stated they understand their main target is not for sale this summer.

Sousa is presented as a very important person in the midfielder's life and the one who advised the young Ronaldo to move to Sporting at the age of 11.

The godfather encouraged the 23-year-old to move to Old Trafford and has now claimed that Ronaldo wants to move to El Santiago Bernabeu and will make it public in July.

“Cristiano must take advantage of this opportunity to go to Real Madrid,†Sousa apparently told Marca.

“I think that he has decided he will go to Real Madrid, but he will not say it until the European Championship is over.

“Cristiano Ronaldo's top objective is to win everything, it is what he wants the most, especially the Champions League and then going as far as possible with Portugal during Euro 2008."

United have already threatened to report Real to Fifa and Sir Alex Ferguson accused the club of using Marca as a propaganda tool regarding incoming transfers.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
Goal.com are reporting this story but they have added...

Spanish sports daily Marca claims that Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón has received an angry letter from Manchester United regarding Cristiano Ronaldo

Following on from the Red Devils' public statement about Madrid's conduct, this personal letter appears to be a step further.

Allegedly signed by David Gill, the Old Trafford CEO, it states that not only are United unwilling to sell Ronaldo at present, but that they will not do so even if Cristiano Ronaldo publicly asks for a move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
For goodness sake sell this unappreciative, immature brat already!!

I'm reaching boiling point. No player is above the team!

Yes, he is a great player, but I cannot believe all this nonsense about him staying or going. If he can't see that at 23 the right place for him to be is still Man Utd then he should really go.

He just won his second league title and first Champions League medal and the people close to him and the player himself keep making these assertios.

Sell him, but Bentley and a striker and let's see how much we'll miss him. Boah ...... I
m getting really sick of this brat and his minders.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I'm not really sure what to make of this.

This, to me, just seems that its the Godfathers wish for him to go to Real.

If he does indeed want to go, demand a big fee and at least 2 players, one of which has to be Robinho. If they want him that badly, then they will have to accept our demands.

Either that or offer him to Barca and try to get Messi and/or Eto'o :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
RedForceRising said:
For goodness sake sell this unappreciative, immature brat already!!

I'm reaching boiling point. No player is above the team!

Yes, he is a great player, but I cannot believe all this nonsense about him staying or going. If he can't see that at 23 the right place for him to be is still Man Utd then he should really go.

He just won his second league title and first Champions League medal and the people close to him and the player himself keep making these assertios.

Sell him, but Bentley and a striker and let's see how much we'll miss him. Boah ...... I
m getting really sick of this brat and his minders.

I'd rather get Young, he is a far better player than that tit Bently
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RedForceRising said:
For goodness sake sell this unappreciative, immature brat already!!

I'm reaching boiling point. No player is above the team!

Yes, he is a great player, but I cannot believe all this nonsense about him staying or going. If he can't see that at 23 the right place for him to be is still Man Utd then he should really go.

He just won his second league title and first Champions League medal and the people close to him and the player himself keep making these assertios.

Sell him, but Bentley and a striker and let's see how much we'll miss him. Boah ...... I
m getting really sick of this brat and his minders.
calm down rfr - he's never said he'd like to go - numerous of times he's said that he loves the club,the fans and has no reason to go anywhere... it's all hear-say - untill he says he would like to leave for madrid i'm calm - if he does that however, i would be the first who couldn't care less coz we've proved many times that we're not a one man team - and have never been
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
Right he will not leave, he will leave in 3 years when Fergie retires i really really doubt he will leave, BUT if that "offer" with Robinho/Diarra/Ramos + 38 million came our way i think we should take it!
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nemanjaaa said:
Right he will not leave, he will leave in 3 years when Fergie retires i really really doubt he will leave, BUT if that "offer" with Robinho/Diarra/Ramos + 38 million came our way i think we should take it!
put casillas instead of diarra ( we're already well equiped in that position)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
IMO, a lot of this rubbish is transmitting from his own family now.

His mum wants him to go to Spain and now his godfather!

I just hope he's man enough to stand on his own two feet and say, "I not going anywhere"


Edit:

I'd accept €100M, Robinho, Ruud, Casillas, and a buy back clause of 100K;)


Not asking for much? Am I? :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
IMO, a lot of this rubbish is transmitting from his own family now.

His mum wants him to go to Spain and now his godfather!

I just hope he's man enough to stand on his own two feet and say, "I not going anywhere"


Edit:

I'd accept €100M, Robinho, Ruud, Casillas, and a buy back clause of 100K;)


Not asking for much? Am I? :p
Thats a great deal!

I would happily accept that right now! :p
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
-zuco- said:
We've also got three good 'keepers.
nah - we've got 1 world class, one average and a hot prospect - we can't mess around with that spot - we can't experiment with kusczcack - we need to off load him and put foster as a back up
 

·
All round nice guy
Joined
·
3,887 Posts
:mad: for gods sake can we ban people from making Ronaldo threads until August?

as ive said before, i hope they block the sale to madrid (like they did with heinze and liverpool) and sell him to barca or someone instead because of the way madrid have gone about their business.

if madrid want him, £100m + robinho, ramos, casillas, pepe, rvn. if barca want him £50m + Messi fair deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
even if he wants to leave, he's in a contract and were not going to let him leave. i too am getting sick of all this talk by his family as well. i guarantee if he does go he'll miss the pace and excitement of the EPL ;)
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
christianoharleiro said:
:mad: for gods sake can we ban people from making Ronaldo threads until August?
as ive said before, i hope they block the sale to madrid (like they did with heinze and liverpool) and sell him to barca or someone instead because of the way madrid have gone about their business.

if madrid want him, £100m + robinho, ramos, casillas, pepe, rvn. if barca want him £50m + Messi fair deal.

hmmmm - sounds like mods form talkingreds:mad:
 

·
All round nice guy
Joined
·
3,887 Posts
lol, not really, just getting really boring, tomorrow there will be another thread about how Ronaldo's mum's sister's dog's dad has said to the press that he's definately going to go to madrid.

seriously in the last week or so theres been about 50 different stories on sky sports about the Ronaldo saga.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
christianoharleiro said:
lol, not really, just getting really boring, tomorrow there will be another thread about how Ronaldo's mum's sister's dog's dad has said to the press that he's definately going to go to madrid.

seriously in the last week or so theres been about 50 different stories on sky sports about the Ronaldo saga.
yeah . i see what you mean but back there on talkingreds we had a period in which everyone was frobbiden to open a ronaldo thread because of all "is he or isn't he great / worldclass" and stuff
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top