Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
the stories will keep coming up over the next months, until ronaldo actually stops all the rumours by giving a definite answer. so everybody dun be so ****ed off at the moment. i am annoyed by ronaldo, but i am keeping a cold head over this issue. if he does leave, he will lose more than us. if ronaldo does not understand this, we have no point of keeping an ungrateful, unfaithful and extremely idiotic player. let him go and get the money.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yangch0000 said:
the stories will keep coming up over the next months, until ronaldo actually stops all the rumours by giving a definite answer. so everybody dun be so ****ed off at the moment. i am annoyed by ronaldo, but i am keeping a cold head over this issue. if he does leave, he will lose more than us. if ronaldo does not understand this, we have no point of keeping an ungrateful, unfaithful and extremely idiotic player. let him go and get the money.

Agreed. All this nonsense can be stopped if the man himself publicly states that he wants to be a Man u player next season.
All the comments coming from Ronaldo himself are only fueling the speculation......."It is my dream to play in Spain.....the future who knows? ...anything can happen in football....etc."
If he wishes to play in Spain at some point that fair enough, however he could just state that he is not ready to go yet. Tbh hed be a fool to leave now there is so much potential in the current squad.
No player is bigger than the club.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keanos Magic Hat said:
Agreed. All this nonsense can be stopped if the man himself publicly states that he wants to be a Man u player next season.
All the comments coming from Ronaldo himself are only fueling the speculation......."It is my dream to play in Spain.....the future who knows? ...anything can happen in football....etc."
If he wishes to play in Spain at some point that fair enough, however he could just state that he is not ready to go yet. Tbh hed be a fool to leave now there is so much potential in the current squad.
No player is bigger than the club.
Spot on lads....It's getting annoying at this stage.....
but you said it all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seriously doubt ronaldo will leave united in the summer.This is defo a PR stunt at most and ferguson said himself that he is confident cristiano will be here next season!!.Anyway why would you want to leave the european champions for a diddy team?I SMELL S**T.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
PORTUGAL coach Luiz Felipe Scolari last night hinted that he had advised Cristiano Ronaldo to move from Manchester United to Real Madrid.

The Brazilian -- who could yet be pitting his wits against Ronaldo's Manchester United team next season in the Premier League as the new manager of Chelsea or even Manchester City -- was asked about the player's situation at Portugal's Euro 2008 training camp in Viseu.

"I have told him that in football you cannot live on memories," he said. "You have to take the opportunities when they come along because perhaps they will not come again in your lifetime."

Scolari said the recent speculation about his future had in no way affected Ronaldo's preparations for Euro 2008.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Law: Ronaldo's at the right club

Report by Ben Hibbs

United goalscoring legend Denis Law has told Cristiano Ronaldo that Old Trafford is the place to be to fulfil all his career aims.

Ronaldo had another record-breaking season in terms of goals for a winger - he scored 42 goals, just four behind Law's record of 46 in a campaign. It's the sort of form that has United's prized asset the envy of Europe's top clubs.

Real Madrid have persistently been linked - and linked themselves with - a move for the 23-year-old winger. But such a transfer doesn't make sense to Law, who says there's more to come after United's Double-winning campaign.

"There has been talk of Ronaldo going to Real Madrid, but you've just got to look at what he's done here at Manchester United and ask yourself, 'What's the point in him going to Real Madrid?'," he said.

"He's just won the Champions League and back-to-back titles, so why go anywhere else? He is at the most famous club in the world and they are not yet done with winning trophies."

Law, who alongside George Best and Sir Bobby Charlton has been immortalised in the 'United Trinity' statue outside Old Trafford, also believes the Portuguese forward should be named European Footballer of the Year, an award all three United greats won in the sixties.

"I would think that Ronaldo is the favourite to win it this year," Law added. "The way he's going, he is one of the favourites and if he doesn't win it this year, he'll certainly win it at some point."

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Ando2008 said:
I'd rather get Young, he is a far better player than that tit Bently

I would be fine with either of them. Ashley Young is a talented player, with ace and vision. I think he has the second highest amount of assists in the prem this season and I would like to see him in a Man Utd jersey.

CROoney said:
calm down rfr - he's never said he'd like to go - numerous of times he's said that he loves the club,the fans and has no reason to go anywhere... it's all hear-say - untill he says he would like to leave for madrid i'm calm - if he does that however, i would be the first who couldn't care less coz we've proved many times that we're not a one man team - and have never been

We've talked about it in the shout boz, but I just wanted to answer on your thread too. It might also help qualify my comments.

What i dislike about Ronaldo's statements is that he never just leaves it at "I'm happy at Man Utd and I want to stay here. He ALWAYS adds, who knows the future?

The answer is he does. He has another 4 years on his contract, so for the next four years his future should be at Man Utd.

As a fan I find it very disappointing. Even if it feels that way, he should keep it to himself, instead he always makes it a point to add that sentence. Just to tell Ral Madrid he;s keeping his options open and keep David Gill on his toes in the hope that he might get a new contract.

Again I would say, he should negotiate behind closed doors and not use the media to his advantage. It is disappointing for the fans and must be sending mized signals to his team mates.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Old Trafford chiefs will let Ronaldo rot, says Fergie

SCREW YOU, REAL

SIR ALEX FERGUSON insists Manchester United's American owners will force Cristiano Ronaldo to rot in the stands if he demands a move to Real Madrid.

Ronaldo's international boss Luiz Felipe Scolari last night urged the Portuguese superstar to sign for the Spanish champions.
And as the war over Ronaldo's future turned nasty, Old Trafford boss Fergie declared: "The Glazers' attitude is ‘screw them'.
"They would sit a player in the stand just to prove a point."

Ferguson insists Ronaldo is going nowhere and revealed United's American owners have now got involved in the bitter battle.

Real refuse to accept that the player is not for sale, despite United chief executive David Gill sending them a stern letter stating that the Premier League and European Cup winners would not let Ronaldo go — even if he wants to.

Screw

Now the Glazer family have told Fergie they are prepared to make the double Footballer of the Year an Old Trafford outcast if he decides he wants to join Madrid.

Fergie declared: "The thing people miss the point about is that I've had a couple of meetings with the Glazers. Their attitude is: ‘Screw them'.
"They would sit a player in the stand — absolutely no doubt about it — just to prove a point.

"They will not give in to these people. They've got balls. I've been delighted with them in that respect.

"They have been good to this club, believe me. They have been brilliant owners."

Ronaldo still has four years left on his United contract after signing a new £110,000-a-week deal last year.

Although he has pledged his future to United he has also stated that he will make an announcement on his future after this summer's European Championship finals.

He met up with Scolari at the Portuguese training camp and the pair have discussed the opportunity of joining the Spanish champions.

When asked whether he would recommend that Ronaldo moves to Real, Scolari replied: "In football you don't live on memories. You have to take the opportunities that come along because, if you let them pass by, you'll probably never get them again in your life.

Fantastic

"I'm like an older friend to him and during these days together we've talked a lot."

Ronaldo has always been close to the Brazilian coach and regards him as a father figure.

He has been known in the past to consult Big Phil on major decisions in his life.
Real president Ramon Calderon and coach Bernd Schuster have constantly sent out blatant messages to the Spanish media that they expect Ronaldo to become their player this summer.

And yesterday Real sporting director Pedrag Mijatovic said: "Signing Cristiano Ronaldo is our objective.

"Spending 50m, 60m or 70m euros on a top player is not a waste of money.
"He is one of the best players in the world, a fantastic footballer and of course we are interested.

"But he has a team and we would never go against the rules of FIFA and UEFA."

In another bizarre twist, a brand new £90,000 Audi supercar was pictured in the club's car park last week with a handwritten note on the windscreen which read: "To be delivered to Cristiano Ronaldo."

Ethics

Spanish newspaper Marca even claimed Real have gone over the heads of Gill and Fergie to negotiate a £70m Ronaldo deal with the Glazers — a move that has been firmly denied by the American family.

The whole bitter saga has infuriated United. They have threatened to report Real to FIFA over the Spanish club "immoral" tactics.

United insist they would not sell Ronaldo for £100m and Old Trafford No2 Carlos Queiroz declared: "Ronaldo is not going to leave. Manchester United can offer the best conditions.

"Where we can't compete is in a lack of ethics — because we have ethics and we don't abandon them.

"The Real president was a director when I was manager. I knew what he was telling me and what actually happened.

"If I were the player's agent I'd have no doubt which environment is best and I know he shares my opinion."

Real are also supposed to have taken out an insurance policy before making a formal bid, protecting them from any fluctuations in the exchange rate between the pound and the euro.

But the most damaging claim from Madrid sources is that Ronaldo has decided to move because he is angry with United for not keeping a promise to offer him an improved contract.

Powers

It is alleged he sees Real's offer as fairer recognition for his achievements.
Sport of the World first exclusively revealed United were considering making a new contract offer of around £7m a year to Ronaldo as a reward for his record-breaking season.

But there was never any promise, either written or verbal, to the player or his agent.

United argue that Ronaldo only signed a new five-year deal in 2007 which adequately compensated him for his contribution.

Fergie insisted last week there was no new offer on the table and he was satisfied that the winger was happy to stay.

But sources close to the manager indicated he is ready to fly out to the Euro finals for a heart-to-heart with Ronaldo.

The United manager used his persuasive powers to convince the Portuguese winger to stay after the furore erupted when Ronaldo was accused of deliberately getting Wayne Rooney sent off during the 2006 World Cup finals.

All Fergie's managerial experience will be needed now to calm a storm that is turning into a hurricane and could yet sweep their most prized performer into the clutches of Real Madrid.

Link

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
hm..they tried with his mother...now..with his godfather?..what's next?....why are they trying to lure Ronaldo..to a "better" place..this is what i don't understand...:(...he told a million times...that he loves Manchester United and everyone there and said that one day he would like to go and play in spain but, please..look at Real and look at Man Utd...Carlos Quieroz told the young portugese to think 2 times or more before to take this huge step, because Real Madrid is a very instable place...how does he know that..well as we all know, he was their manager for one year...so this is another stupid story Marca invented to unsettle the young lad...and even if it's true..Ronaldo is the only one to decide...not his mother..not his godfather or anyone else

21 - 33 of 33 Posts