Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday. We had an attack and he was in a forward position, and when the play goes back into midfield, he's still walking back. What happens if we get possession again, he'll be in an offside position. Frustated me yesterday.

Although some of the comments from people in the ground: "**** off to Madrid" "Portugese cnut" "your shit ronny" etc, were disgraceful.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yesterday. We had an attack and he was in a forward position, and when the play goes back into midfield, he's still walking back. What happens if we get possession again, he'll be in an offside position. Frustated me yesterday.

Although some of the comments from people in the ground: "**** off to Madrid" "Portugese cnut" "your shit ronny" etc, were disgraceful.
Yeah he was a bit frustrating yesterday, but the whole team was poor, Carrick didn't track back either throughout the game.. Very frustrating performance throughtout the team in general..

Were any of those comments actually said or are you just messing?

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
So long as it's not racist's i think every fan has a right to have a go at the players, they was only right ronny played crap last night, mind you so did the rest of the team

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
I got criticised for sounding like Dunphy yesterday for having a go at his performance. I thought he was very poor. We needed him to stand up and be counted last night and he really wasn't. He's one of the best players in the world but his workrate at times are shocking. When he loses the ball and just stops and complains instead of trying to win it back, it's very, very frustrating. We need him to be producing more in his all round game.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah he was a bit frustrating yesterday, but the whole team was poor, Carrick didn't track back either throughout the game.. Very frustrating performance throughtout the team in general..

Were any of those comments actually said or are you just messing?
Yeah, I heard them from behind me. Don't know if they were the exact words, but they were along those lines.

It wasn't even that he desn't track back, as I can understand that to an extent. But the fact he doesn't even jog into an onside position ready for the next attack.

So long as it's not racist's i think every fan has a right to have a go at the players, they was only right ronny played crap last night, mind you so did the rest of the team
There's having a go at the team, and then there's just bordering on ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
yeh can vouch for what ste was saying heard the same things from around me....and the usualy he's been crap all season and f**k off shouts.....i'm a big critic of him off the pitch and you know i still think he is engineering the way for more trouble come the summer...the lads too canny and advised too well to put in that transfer request.

BUT i also love the guys talent, i'd do anything to keep him as he brings so much to us....but yesterdays was as frustrating as hell to watch.

any of my criticisms of him are NOT because i wanna see him go, its like many of us i aactually want the guy to stay- full stop. last night was amazingly frustrating though and for those that couldn't care less its gives them extra ammunition

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
He's a simply amazing player there is no doubt but when does enough become enough. Should we be really keeping a player against his wishes? I know he declares some ***** in the appear about him being 'happy' at United and at the 'right' club. What else do you expect him to see during the season? 'I'm leaving'? 'Madrid is my dream'? Hand on heart, I don't want him to go. I love the guy and the way he plays but to me his heart doesn't seem there.

He adores the media frenzy about him. He loves being in the papers and craves the attention. He's turned this into a circus along with his advisiors. I would just he would simple say, 'NO, i've no intention of leaving Madrid, i'm staying, I ONLY want to play for United. I want to win all I can with United' and most importantly mean it.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't mind criticism, as if you deserve you, you get it. But at the ground you are there to support the team, save all the shit to after the game on forums or at the pub or whatever.

Shouting "your shit" from the back of tier 2 when he can't hear you, doesn't really help the team does it.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
I don't mind criticism, as if you deserve you, you get it. But at the ground you are there to support the team, save all the shit to after the game on forums or at the pub or whatever.

Shouting "your shit" from the back of tier 2 when he can't hear you, doesn't really help the team does it.
For sure. It kills atomsphere. There are times, when players need a kick up the backside but that kind of crap is absolutely no use to the team.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

agree totally. have always said come on here and have a go at players for whatever reson- thats fair and we are entitled to do it, but when they are on the pitch in that red shirt it ain't on..never is. get behind whoever is on the pitch and save the other stuff for later

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts
yeah i have to agree the fans are prasing him then 1 or 2 bad games their on his back how do you expect to win the leage your supposed to support them;)!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It wasn't just ronnie last night tho the whole team bar rooney played shit.
I can understand poor performaces, as they are only human.

The fact that gets me is this:

United attack. Ronaldo shoots. Saved. He stands there. The play is on the centre circle. Ronaldo is walked slowly back from the opposing penalty box. Offside position. Scholes gets the ball. Looks up. Oh, Ronaldo's offside. Passes to Vidic.

But if Ronaldo ran back to get back onside:

Scholes has the ball. Looks up. Sees Ronaldo making an onside run through the middle. Plays it over the top. Ronaldo gets it. Shoots. Goal.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I never been sooo pissed off with him as much as yesterday..What is it with him not trying to win the ball back..ok granted he did it once but he really should do it more often than that..and i find it rude twice now he loses the ball and couldnt care less never mind to win the ball back but to atleast tracked back and help the defense ffs! His gesture is like well im suppose to score not defend and that pisses me up big time. I know he did well this season even thou not as well as the last but these little things are what i hope to see him improve on. Its a team game and to be the player he is, im sure its not much to ask for. He could make a huge different if he ever show a bit more urgency by getting involved with both ends of the field.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I find it strange too, because he showed so much of the passionate Ronaldo from a year ago against Villa. When Carrick had the ball he was screaming for it (and went on to score his second goal).

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Yeah, I heard them from behind me. Don't know if they were the exact words, but they were along those lines.

It wasn't even that he desn't track back, as I can understand that to an extent. But the fact he doesn't even jog into an onside position ready for the next attack.
Yeah I heard a lot of grumblings at the match. People are just fed up with his antics. Great great player but a bit of a lazy dick as well tbf. You cant disagree with some of the things people shout at him, especially considering the amount he earns.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
It wasn't just Ronaldo who was poor, it was the whole team except Rooney, if every player was like Rooney we wouldn't lose, he is probably our best player at the moment, Ronaldo just had an off game and for what he done last season, why are people saying that about him, they should just be cheering the lad until the final whistle, the 2nd leg is back in Portugal, in Porto, so that's Ronaldo's home, i'm betting on him to shine and score goals.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts