Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never have I seen a goal like that siince Bobby Chralton retired,he used to do that every other week.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Certainly one of the best i've ever sen. Charltons was probably better because of the way the balls in this day in age fly. Would have taken more skill to do that in the past.

Amazing goal though.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It was a decent hit. :whistling:

Absolutely stunning goal. I sat there like a slack jawed yokel for a few seconds after it had gone in. I just couldn't believe what my eyes were telling my brain they had just seen.

And then it registered..."YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! WHAT A GOAL!!! WHAT A F****** GOAL!!!!!!!" :D

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
What a goal..! Ronnie has scored some crackers for us but that has to be at the top..!
It was Outrageous him even trying it never mind pulling it off..
The lad is quality and yet again he scored a crucial goal when we needed it..
Shut a lot of his critics up yesterday too, he was really up for the game and worked hard for the team..!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
even i would have been proud of that one :whistling:
what a ******* hit son what a ******* hit! :D:D
he has some nice goals now doesn't he :rofl:
im delighted for him shut up all his critics :D maybe fergie should have a go at him more often :cool:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Not that every other week isn't an exaggeration, but I bet there were some incredible goals from Charlton and Best in that era that were never caught on camera. In an interview in 442 a couple months ago Charlton said he scored one that was like Giggs against arsenal that was never on camera.

On Ronaldo's goal, I've never seen a goal like it. 40 yards!! Its not like he chipped him or something, the ball was still traveling upwards when it smashed into the top corner. It was just a missile. Outrageous.

Z

·
0 Posts
Keeper was in a shocking position for that. Not saying he would have stopped it but it certainly took from the goal. Keeper was well positioned for Ronaldo's goal and he still smashed it in.
Look at the bend on the shot though, it sent the keeper the wrong way.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Look at the bend on the shot though, it sent the keeper the wrong way.
He was still out of position though in the first place. Why you would stand on the near far post of the wing the person is attacking from is beyond me? Cracking strike but the keeper was still poor.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
He was still out of position though in the first place. Why you would stand on the near far post of the wing the person is attacking from is beyond me? Cracking strike but the keeper was still poor.
The keeper was never going to get that. I've always loved that shot. It's easily in the top 3 goals of all time.

P.S. Zuco I apologise. You never replied to my shout box apology.

Z

·
0 Posts
He looks like he's stood on the centre of the 6 yard box line to me. He moves to his right to save it, but then the bend on the ball takes over and leaves him stranded.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He looks like he's stood on the centre of the 6 yard box line to me. He moves to his right to save it, but then the bend on the ball takes over and leaves him stranded.
Yeah, that's what it looked like to me too tbh.

It completely wrong-footed the goalkeeper.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Firstly dlan, I never said once he was going to save it. Quote me, directly but don't put words in my mouth.

I think even being central is a poor position there, he should have been standing nearer the left post, which would obviously have gave him less chance of saving that shot. Not discussing the shot at all tbh, just the keeper whoever he was is quite poor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was was still sober when the goal went in and after an initial "yeeesssss" I came to the conclusion that it was the best goal Ive ever seen. Period.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts