Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one have questioned if Ronaldo wants to be at United at all a number of times this season. I even doubted whether he cared if United won at all. But yesterday showed me he does care. The celebration of his goals were there for all to see. But after Macheda's goal Ronaldo ran about 70 yards to win a throw in the the bottom corner and he cheered in jubilation. Thats showed me that this means as much to Ronaldo as it does to all the other members of the squad. It changed my opinion dramatically. Viva Ronaldo!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I for one have questioned if Ronaldo wants to be at United at all a number of times this season. I even doubted whether he cared if United won at all. But yesterday showed me he does care. The celebration of his goals were there for all to see. But after Macheda's goal Ronaldo ran about 70 yards to win a throw in the the bottom corner and he cheered in jubilation. Thats showed me that this means as much to Ronaldo as it does to all the other members of the squad. It changed my opinion dramatically. Viva Ronaldo!
I thought the same when I saw him cheer to the crowd like that ... he didnt show quite as much passion when he lost the ball and it ended up being v costly...

However he delivered the goods yday, and I think he really showed the kind of passion we want from him after his mistake and the win meant a lot to him,it reminded him how good a feeling it is! i hope he can continue in that vein from now on, just get back on his feet when he goes down and fight for everything!

i think he'll be the league top scorer again this year!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It was a much improved showing from him yesterday, he did have his moments of moping around and looking for a free or two, but he got stuck in to the fight and came up with two quality finishes. Was good to see he appears alot happier

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree he did show a lot of passion towards the end of the game when we got the two goals... but really who wouldn't in that situation!? Anyway forget Ronny for once! yesterday it was all about the Magnifico Macheda!! It was his day!!!

My mood changed from Anger to Happiness so quickly when he scored the winning goal.. It was beautiful!!!!!!

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
He definitely picked up his game, recently he has been looking like he wanted to be looking at brochures for flights to Madrid...

Two cracking goals aswell from the lad...

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
It was odd. He was quiet an moaned and whinged for a lot of the game. Then suddenly after his second goal went it, it was like he remembered why he loved United in the first place. Suddenly it was seriously like seeing the Ronaldo of last season. He was being positive, looking for the ball, running with the ball effectively, just fantastic to see. I hope the game yesterday will have lit a fire under him for the rest of the season now.

Whether he stays or not I still don't know, but if he plays for the rest of the season with the commitment he showed towards the end of the game yesterday I won't be too angry at him.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the minute next season doesnt matter. We can worry about that in pre-season. Al that matters now is the remaining 8 games or so.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Tbh I was surprised by this too, it was good to see though. However, that's the attitude he should be showing all the time, not just when he feels like it. He hasn't shown enough for me to believe he'll stay after this season has ended; I really think Real will get him just like they got Beckham. :(

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
he didnt show quite as much passion when he lost the ball and it ended up being v costly...
:red::red::red::red::red::red::red:

This ****ed me off yesterday,the commentators blaming ronaldo for the goal.Hang on a ******* minute........the ball was on the edge of VILLAs box,he lost the ball first yes,but what about the rest of the midfield,the defenders? Neville got well a truely ruined in the chases with Gabby/Ashely which is very understandable as they are up there with the fastest in the league.But come on,its not Ronnies fault that Villa scored,they scored through some quick counter attacking play,pace and decent finishing,not to mention the height of Carew over Nev.To blame Ronnie is ******* ludacrous,he could have passed the ball,then the next man got tackled and they could have scored.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Ronnie is as passionate as any player in this United side,
He just doesn't show it too often..

The guy is driven by success and he want's to be the best winning every collective and individual awards there is possible.. No one can question his passion..!
I was delighted for him yesterday scoring the 2 brillant goals that we needed when we were struggling..

Machedas Goal got all the headlines and rightly so, but it was Ronaldo's 2nd goal that was vital and it gave us 10mins+ to get the chance to score a winner..
Ronaldo scored twice yesterday when no one else looked like scoring for us and this is the reason why he's so important to us and we can't afford to sell him off like some Idiots have suggested..!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Of course he cares and has passion. He is a born winner and wants to win trophies.
I think everyone got a bit excited yesterday, especially Ronaldo, but its to be expected really.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I was pleased with Ronaldo yesterday, he actualy played with a smile and there were no theatrics. Hopefully theres more of the same to come

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
:red::red::red::red::red::red::red:

This ****ed me off yesterday,the commentators blaming ronaldo for the goal.Hang on a ******* minute........the ball was on the edge of VILLAs box,he lost the ball first yes,but what about the rest of the midfield,the defenders? Neville got well a truely ruined in the chases with Gabby/Ashely which is very understandable as they are up there with the fastest in the league.But come on,its not Ronnies fault that Villa scored,they scored through some quick counter attacking play,pace and decent finishing,not to mention the height of Carew over Nev.To blame Ronnie is ******* ludacrous,he could have passed the ball,then the next man got tackled and they could have scored.
You don't get it, it wasn't the fact that he got tackled, but the fact that he didn't care and didn't show any determination to get back and win the ball back. Instead, stood shaking his head at his teammates (I assume) he wasn't disappointed with what he did.

If you put Rooney in the exact same situation, you bet your ass he would've sprinted back into our box to win the ball back.

Anyway, it was good to see Ronaldo at the end after his run into the corner, but his game was once again riddled with petulance, whinging and carelessness.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Well Ronaldo will always leave us hanging in the balance. One week we will hate him for the fact that he shows no passion, and the next week he will play his heart out. What a confusing character.... Lets hope his passion burns till the end of the season and beyond.

·
Registered
177 Posts
being a top player in the world ain't easy..
so much expectations surrounding him...
and he did brilliant yesterday..
but in the end macheda stole the limelight from him lol..

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Anyway, it was good to see Ronaldo at the end after his run into the corner, but his game was once again riddled with petulance, whinging and carelessness.
Fair point but he also scored 2 great goals....Its hard to complain too much when he's banging them in.
He is our top scorer this season (20), joint top scorer in the Prem (15), yet people still crticise him.
Fair enough, he isnt having the greatest of season and the petulance, diving etc. wont endear him much to the fans, but still! 20 goals and a handful of assists after starting the season injured is a solid return. there is still a lot to come from him yet this season. Viva Ronaldo!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts