Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RON AND ROO'S UGLY BUST-UP

Manchester United’s march to a third straight Premier League title continued smoothly with a 2-1 win at Newcastle last night but there was rough-house stuff at half-time as Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney had an amazing tunnel bust-up with Steven Taylor.

United striker Rooney took exception to Taylor’s attempted forearm smash on Cristiano Ronaldo just before half-time and was overhead in the tunnel saying to Taylor: “You’ve always been a s*** footballer.”

The Newcastle defender responded with: “I might be a s*** player but at least I’m not ugly like you. You’ll always be ugly.”

They lunged at Taylor but were restrained by team-mate Rio Ferdinand as tempers flared. The FA are certain to investigate if referee Steve Bennett saw the incident and includes it in his match report.

The game had another shock as Edwin van der Sar was finally beaten after 1,311 minutes when Peter Lovenkrands put Newcastle ahead in the ninth minute.

But Rooney equalised 11 minutes later and United moved seven points clear of Chelsea and Liverpool when Dimitar Berbatov fired the winner after 56 minutes.

“I might be a s*** player but at least I’m not ugly like you
Steven Taylor

:fyou:

what a idiot hope FA charge him
Daily Express | Sport | Football

sorry posted it in wrong forum:whistling:

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
well, to be fair, taylor started with his elbow still in the pitch, but anyways, even if rooney started, he did reply, so if anything, both or none should be penalized

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
its nothing more than handbags .
i suspect the f.a will have a look , but as there was no assault it should come to nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This whole thing will probably end up in ban for Rooney knowing the FA. I think Taylor was lucky to stay on, but I am glad he didn cos he messed up for our winner

·
23,699 Posts
Lol. This is so confusing...

telegraph

Cristiano Ronaldo in tunnel bust-up at Newcastle

Cristiano Ronaldo was embroiled in a furious bust-up in the St James' Park tunnel with Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor midway through Manchester United's 2-1 victory on Tyneside on Wednesday night.

In an extraordinary spat as United restored their seven-point lead at the Premier League summit, the pair traded insults at half-time just moments after the United forward had been left writhing in agony, clutching his face on the cinder track, following an intemperate challenge by the England Under-21 captain.

According to witnesses, Ronaldo and Taylor were involved in a war of words as they headed to their respective dressing-rooms which saw the World Player of the Year allegedly ridicule his opponent's footballing skill.

Taylor hit back by branding the Portuguese international "ugly" as temperatures rose before Ronaldo's team-mate, Rio Ferdinand, and referee Steve Bennett, intervened.

The fracas occurred shortly after Ferdinand was booked by Bennett for his furious reaction to Taylor's challenge on Ronaldo. Newcastle's caretaker manager, Chris Hughton, defended his player. "Steven's not a malicious type of player," he said. "He's a player of high energy and enthusiasm and that's what we expect from his play.

"Ronaldo was going past Steven and it was probably a bit headstrong of Steven but in his endeavours to pull him back he caught him on the shoulder and I think that's all it was. I have had the opportunity to seen it again on television. Anybody that would have looked at the incident again would have seen where it made contact and he made contact on the top of his shoulder and his neck."

Hughton said that he did not know if any United players had been enraged by Taylor's challenge on Ronaldo in which he used his hands and feet.

Hughton did, however, speak with Taylor in an attempt to avoid having him sent off as he had been booked by Bennett. "The only word that we had with Steven was the same as we would have with anyone that had been booked in the first half," Hughton said. "That's that they have to be careful because they are only one booking away from a red card."

Newcastle are just one point above the relegation zone and were also the subject of reports of a training ground altercation between team-mates Andy Carroll and Shola Ameobi.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I read a different version from yours, Versa`s report is what i read in the Sun. But i don`t think he said the ugly phrase to Ron, saying that to Roo looks more realistic.

Feck off bitch anyways :fyou:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thats kinda funny but also really stupid. Imagine players end up getting a ban at this stage of the season because they are acting like school kids

·
23,699 Posts
Storm in a teacup?

skysports

Taylor - No Ronaldo bust-up

Magpies defender denies tunnel clash....

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has denied reports of a tunnel bust-up with Manchester United ace Cristiano Ronaldo.

There was widespread coverage in Thursday's press of an alleged clash between the duo as they left the St James' Park pitch at half-time of Wednesday night's Premier League encounter.

Magpies defender Taylor was shown a yellow card in the 45th minute after catching Ronaldo with his arm as they contested possession on the touchline, with the Portgual international left writhing on the turf.

Red Devils skipper Rio Ferdinand was incensed by the incident and was cautioned by referee Steve Bennett for his vehement protests.

Taylor has rejected reports that the row with Ronaldo continued in the tunnel and insists he made his peace with the Fifa World Player of the Year at the final whistle.

Taylor told the Evening Chronicle: "There was no bust-up with Ronaldo.

"I shook hands with him at the end of the game."

United won the clash 2-1 with goals from Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov after Peter Lovenkrands had given the hosts a shock lead.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
What a s**t come back from Taylor “I might be a s*** player but at least I’m not ugly like you. You’ll always be ugly.” ,he could have been a bit more insulting!!!

Anyway Rooney would kill him!!!:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
lol i thought it was just ronaldo who was in the scuffle, it will prob take F.A 3 months to decide on the subject anyway so no worries right now lmao but rooney woulda made him look ugly thats for sure!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
to be fair mr rooney is a proper plug
and just as many ladies think ronaldo greasy and repulsive as lust after him

taylor is also a talentless tossrag so nothing said that wasnt true

1 - 20 of 20 Posts