Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney have been challenged to prove themselves as real Manchester United legends.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - part of Reds folklore for THAT goal in the 1999 Champions League Final - claims they must emulate United greats Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

Giggs, 34, has won more trophies than any other player in the English game, while Sir Bobby Charlton has hailed Scholes, 33, as his alltime favourite United player.

Norwegian Solskjaer, now United's reserve team boss, said: "These young players like Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani have just to look at players like Ryan.

"After all he's learnt in the game, he's still learning. He wants to improve.

"You've got Paul Scholes too - and Gary Neville. They are the hardest working players in training because they want to improve. They know they haven't got 10 years left in their careers so they want to make the most of it.

"For Paul Scholes, it doesn't matter to him if it's the Champions League Final or a training match, he is just as desperate to play.

"These are the role models that young players, no matter how good they are, can look up to. Look at Ryan Giggs, he's got 10 titles. That's the challenge for young players."

Solskjaer was speaking ahead of his Old Trafford testimonial today against Espanyol. And as well as dishing out advice to United's young players, he also hopes to hand £1million to charity.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/08/02/rooney-and-ronaldo-must-learn-to-be-real-manchester-united-legends-115875-20680918/

love Ronaldo shorts there like a mini skrit

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I have no doubt in my mind about Rooney becoming a United Legend one day. I can see him playing most of his career here, and carrying the torch from the old guard about what a true Man Utd player is all about.

He represents everything good about the club. He is a fighter, he plays with passion and he will sacrifice himself for the team. He is everything good about the club.

Ronaldo, could be...but all this Real Madrid transfer speculation has done alot of damage. He'll have to do alot to repair the damage he has done....but i believe he can be.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
legends are loyal --- rooney has put up with dogs abuse to play for us and never will you hear him express desire to be anywhere else . dwight yorke had more of an effect than ronaldo last year when he came along yet nobody labels him a legend ----

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
NateR said:
Ronaldo, could be...
Really? :confused:

I don't think so. In terms of stats he has the potential to be up there with the greatest of all time but loyalty means a lot to fans and, unfortunately, Ronnie doesn't have that. I think he'll end up just being a stat. He could have been so much more. :(

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
first of all LOL AT RONALDO SHORTS :D :D :D

Rooney will be a legend for sure
he played allot of matches and he is near to score his 100 goal

Nani if he stays loyal and play with us 5-6 years i definitely going to be a legend

Solskjaer had forgot about a young player called Anderson
i believe that Anderson will be a legend
since his first season he became one of the fans top favourite players
the fans adore him all people love him and his teammates respect him
i think he will stay for a long time and wish that :)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
loyalty and desire = legend

Ronaldo = NO!!
Rooney = POSSIBLY!! (Legend status is earned not given)

Carrick, Hargreaves, Vidic, Rio, Tevez - All future Legend candidates. Lets see in ten years.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
antdevil78 said:
loyalty and desire = legend

Ronaldo = NO!!
Rooney = POSSIBLY!! (Legend status is earned not given)

Carrick, Hargreaves, Vidic, Rio, Tevez - All future Legend candidates. Lets see in ten years.

You've got the equation spot on there mate.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
was gonna put success but in my eyes it aint important to be a legend at the club.

Cant we just clone Ole and have 7 of him on bench LOL!!!!!!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
abojodeh said:
first of all LOL AT RONALDO SHORTS

Rooney will be a legend for sure
he played allot of matches and he is near to score his 100 goal

Nani if he stays loyal and play with us 5-6 years i definitely going to be a legend

Solskjaer had forgot about a young player called Anderson
i believe that Anderson will be a legend
since his first season he became one of the fans top favourite players
the fans adore him all people love him and his teammates respect him
i think he will stay for a long time and wish that :)
Abo is that really you? :eek:

The quality of your posts has been great recently, keep it up :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
-zuco- said:
Abo is that really you? :eek:

The quality of your posts has been great recently, keep it up :)
Lol.

Abo = legend :eek:

Anderson is the midfield general. If he stays at United he wiil be a legend without doubt.

AND-ER-SON! AND-ER-SON!

He's got Fabregas in his pocket ;)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think there are a few legends in the making at this club, who should be helped along by the current gen. of United legends, namely: Giggs, Scholes, and Neville.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts